News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Financial fuckery thread

Started by Cain, March 12, 2009, 09:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xooxe

Quote from: the other anonymous on April 12, 2009, 01:50:34 AM
Will the post-economic America still have gun dealers, and what currency will I need to purchase a few dozen?

Bullets?

the other anonymous

Quote from: Xooxe on April 12, 2009, 02:02:25 AM
Will the post-economic America still have gun dealers, and what currency will I need to purchase a few dozen?

Bullets?

SHIT! Why does survival have to be so damned complicated!

Are the bullets the currency or for the guns?

Xooxe

Lyris_Nymphetamine

This thread depresses me.

-toa,
the strategic brain behind America's next dictator

You'll have to do it the good old fashioned biblical way and trade in two of your best cattle and your first born virgin daughter.

the other anonymous

Quote from: Lyris_Nymphetamine on April 12, 2009, 05:23:45 AM
This thread depresses me.

-toa,
the strategic brain behind America's next dictator

You'll have to do it the good old fashioned biblical way and trade in two of your best cattle and your first born virgin daughter.

Oops. Ate her.

wade

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Adios

Some US banks are reporting big profits for the 1st quarter.

Is this real or a trick of accounting? Wall Street is responding in a positive way.

NEW YORK (Fortune) -- Goldman Sachs reported a much stronger-than-expected first-quarter profit Monday, bouncing back from its worst quarter as a public company.

Goldman (GS, Fortune 500) also set plans to raise $5 billion through a sale of stock, saying it wants to become the first big bank to repay the federal loans extended during last fall's financial sector meltdown.
http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/13/news/goldman.earnings.report.fortune/index.htm

Wells Fargo also reported 1st quarter profits.

the other anonymous

Quote from: Hawk on April 14, 2009, 01:09:12 PM

Is this real or a trick of accounting? Wall Street is responding in a positive way.

They're faking it. Remember: The economy is a matter of national security. The administration has ordered a good economy, to restore public faith in the president, making it easier to accumulate power and enact agendas.

All the world is a stage -- are you an actor or a director?

Adios

Quote from: the other anonymous on April 14, 2009, 04:03:45 PM

They're faking it. Remember: The economy is a matter of national security. The administration has ordered a good economy, to restore public faith in the president, making it easier to accumulate power and enact agendas.

All the world is a stage -- are you an actor or a director?

Nevermind.

Cain

Banks have to show they are "struggling" but still viable institutions to qualify for TARP funds.  So they've been desperately cooking the books in order to show they are doing better than expected, but not as good as previous.

the last yatto

you know banking is on the ropes when the swiss is having problems
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7999352.stm
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

NEW YORK (Fortune) -- Goldman Sachs reported a much stronger-than-expected first-quarter profit Monday, bouncing back from its worst quarter as a public company.

Goldman (GS, Fortune 500) also set plans to raise $5 billion through a sale of stock, saying it wants to become the first big bank to repay the federal loans extended during last fall's financial sector meltdown.

Funny if the black swan was an unexpected rapid economic recovery.

My beads are selling well. You would think that useless pieces of glass with a hole in them would be the last thing people want in a recession, but what the fuck do I know, I just make beads.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

bds

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Quote from: Nigel on April 15, 2009, 11:21:33 PM

Funny if the black swan was an unexpected rapid economic recovery.

My beads are selling well. You would think that useless pieces of glass with a hole in them would be the last thing people want in a recession, but what the fuck do I know, I just make beads.

I agree. The final factor is employment always lags behind recovery, but it just may be we have hit bottom.