News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Aya

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 26, 2014, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Maybe it's homeopathic evidence.  You know, when the amount of evidence is so small as to be undetectable, and therefore it's effectively true.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sheldrake's response that "skeptics dampen the morphic resonance field" is priceless. OMG. :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

SUPPRESSIVE PERSONS!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 24, 2014, 08:48:32 PM
Maybe it's homeopathic evidence.  You know, when the amount of evidence is so small as to be undetectable, and therefore it's effectively true.

:lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Is homeopathic research what you do when you reduce the sample size to below .00001?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't wait for Holist to come back and not actually address any points. I'm still dying over his most recent attempts at insulting me.  :lol:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 24, 2014, 09:43:40 PM
I can't wait for Holist to come back and not actually address any points. I'm still dying over his most recent attempts at insulting me.  :lol:

Maybe he'll say your points aren't that good because they're wicked out of tune.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on December 24, 2014, 10:17:50 PM

Maybe he'll say your points aren't that good because they're wicked out of tune.

:lulz: I forgot about that. My, but he's a sour one, isn't he, with nary a good word to say about anyone.

Rest assured though, Twid, that his ability to assess musical skills seems to be on par with his ability to assess English skills.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dildo Argentino on December 24, 2014, 07:42:30 PM
I present a roughly 20-minute lecture by a man. The lecture is about very specific things. You don't bother to discuss those, you just give a general gloss of what you think that person is generally about, and use that to discredit anything he might have said in that, specific lecture. Ad hominem.

As for this, Demo Squid wrote a point-by-point rebuttal, which you ignored. I too wrote a couple of lengthy and thoughtful posts about his critique of the scientific establishment, which you ignored. Since you refuse to participate in reasonable discourse and simply ignore anything that you find too hard to address, my conclusion is that there's no point in trying to have a conversation with  you, which is why at this point I'm just making fun of you for entertainment.

hooplala

:potd:
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 24, 2014, 10:28:44 PM

:lulz: I forgot about that. My, but he's a sour one, isn't he, with nary a good word to say about anyone.

Rest assured though, Twid, that his ability to assess musical skills seems to be on par with his ability to assess English skills.

My absolute favorite part was where he gave a link to a perfect pitch test, and he did in fact score higher than me. But Coyote scored higher than both of us and he said he didn't hear one bit of dissonance.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on December 24, 2014, 11:13:56 PM

My absolute favorite part was where he gave a link to a perfect pitch test, and he did in fact score higher than me. But Coyote scored higher than both of us and he said he didn't hear one bit of dissonance.

He doesn't have any room to talk, anyway. The live performances on his Youtube channel are proof of that. The only reason I didn't say anything negative about them is because his bandmates are children and I'm not about to make fun of children.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 25, 2014, 02:24:03 AM

He doesn't have any room to talk, anyway. The live performances on his Youtube channel are proof of that. The only reason I didn't say anything negative about them is because his bandmates are children and I'm not about to make fun of children.

You're one click more... forgiving.... than I am.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on December 25, 2014, 03:22:26 AM

I also refrained from inquiring why all his bandmates are children. I'm sure he has a totally legitimate reason.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 25, 2014, 03:27:02 AM
Quote from: Nepos twiddletonis on December 25, 2014, 03:22:26 AM

I also refrained from inquiring why all his bandmates are children. I'm sure he has a totally legitimate reason.

Well, when you're climbing up a ladder, you gotta start with the bottom rung, right?

Holist is just giving the future successful ones a leg up.

I mean, he'll mercilessly and unfairly mock them for their relative proficiency in the meantime, but what does that matter?