News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

I don't exist

Started by Zero132132, November 25, 2005, 07:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero132132

Thought processes are based on a bunch of neurons in your brain firing in sequences to produce some output patern that is categorized as either thought, or behavior. Logic is the use of thought to attempt to correlate ideas with each other based on similarity, causation, effect, and possible outcomes. Since it's only based on the firing of neurons, we can't really be certain in any way that logic/reasoning/all thoughts are related in any way to reality. Logic isn't necessarily right. Thus, the old Cogito Ergo Sum bit might not mean anything. It certainly seems that there's a correlation between existing, and being able to do anything, but this correlation can't really be proven without assuming it's true (IE assuming you and the universe around you exist). I don't buy it. I'm not here, I'm not writing this, and you're not reading it. I'm just a figment of my own non-existant imagination.
I don't exist. Any claims to the contrary are lies.

hooplala

Just because logic may not jive with 'reality' doesn't mean you don't exist.  

I don't see the connection there.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

you should try the barstool experiment.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LHX

tip #14 - a paragraph will never prove your non-existance to others
neat hell

Cain

Quote from: East Coast Hustleyou should try the barstool experiment.

8)

Beat me to it.

Barstool experiment > alot of philosophy on the nature of reality.  But that sort of philosophy is good if you want to start worrying people for a while.  How do you know you aren't a clone business, traits of being, why cant the Universe have been created yesterday and so on.

Zero132132

I don't necessarily think that I've proven I don't exist. But I always take it as safe to assume something doesn't exist unless you find some proof that it does, and since nothing quite seems provable to me, I'm mostly convinced that I'm perhaps a figment of my own imagination. I say mostly because I still try to eat.
I don't exist. Any claims to the contrary are lies.

Verthaine

These are the same people who say "You don't know if you can fly until you jump off a skyscraper"., or,"the bullet can't hurt me if I don't believe it exists".
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: VerthaineThese are the same people who say "You don't know if you can fly until you jump off a skyscraper"., or,"the bullet can't hurt me if I don't believe it exists".

If I don't believe the bullet exists, but the bullet believes I exist, does it still rip a giant hole in my flesh?

Verthaine

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Quote from: VerthaineThese are the same people who say "You don't know if you can fly until you jump off a skyscraper"., or,"the bullet can't hurt me if I don't believe it exists".

If I don't believe the bullet exists, but the bullet believes I exist, does it still rip a giant hole in my flesh?
Damn skippy.Bullets don't bother with philosophy.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

There's only one way to be sure though.

Verthaine

Quote from:  There's only one way to be sure though.
Anytime you want to stand in front of Big Bertha 2,be my guest, just saying?

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Verthaine
Yeah, I am not really suicidal and my hormones set off these giant rage attacks, so if I decide to check out this theory, the bullet will be going into someone else.  Unless the Fartknocker doesn't get a deer, then maybe I could go deer hunting with my sister or my Hispanic friend, they both know how to kill, deer that is  :twisted:

That wouldn't prove anything to anyone though, I could very well be a figment of someone's imagination.

Besides, I believe in bullets.

Quote from: Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy
Yeah, I am not really suicidal and my hormones set off these giant rage attacks, so if I decide to check out this theory, the bullet will be going into someone else.  Unless the Fartknocker doesn't get a deer, then maybe I could go deer hunting with my sister or my Hispanic friend, they both know how to kill, deer that is  :twisted:

OH NOES!!!1

AYRTS?

Horab Fibslager

she is not here solely for your amusement.

she is not your toy.

stop treating her like she is.
Hell is other people.