News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Discordian Icons?

Started by Chucklemaster, May 08, 2013, 03:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chucklemaster

Think about it, we've got Discordian wallpapers, how about some icons(in .ico, .png, and .icns formats) of Discordian symbols etc.?  :fnord:
also, this should definitely be a continuous project
blah blah blah the rest of the song

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: zer0n on May 08, 2013, 03:19:06 AM
Think about it, we've got Discordian wallpapers, how about some icons(in .ico, .png, and .icns formats) of Discordian symbols etc.?  :fnord:
also, this should definitely be a continuous project

Well, we're not really big on labels, but if you talk to Richter, he can probably get you a Discordian™ stamp made so you can properly label all things Discordian.  Because the label is what counts.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Chucklemaster

Aaaaand, I'm actually confusediwastalkingaboutdesktopiconsholycrapidon'tgetthejoke. :?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: zer0n on May 08, 2013, 03:30:43 AM
Aaaaand, I'm actually confusediwastalkingaboutdesktopiconsholycrapidon'tgetthejoke. :?

Well, it's like this:  After a few years, you stop worrying about what's "discordian", and you start thinking about the ONE GOOD THING in the principia...THINK FOR YOURSELF, SCHMUCK.  That usually means you stop trying to slap labels all over what you think is "discordian", and concentrate on fucking up the toilets, etc, wherever you happen to be.

Disclaimer:  It doesn't work as well when you fuck up your own toilet.

We are walking glitches.  That isn't served by stapling "DISCORDIAN" to your head and running into the wall.

Also:   :fnord:  <--- We've already done that shit.  10 years ago or so.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, when I say "we", I am not being universally inclusive.  Cramulus and his mob still like all the fnord jokes, hot dog gags, all that stuff.

My discordia is different than your discordia, and that's the way it should be.

AFK

You're going to find that there really aren't a lot of fnordy types here, as TGRR eluded to, they've mostly wandered off into different corners of the internet.  Honestly, I'm probably the closest you'll find to that, but I'm lazy and strapped for time.  So I think your idea is cool, and I'll cheer you on while you make your icons, but I probably won't help. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Don Coyote

'Ere we go
'Ere we go
To the parta
'Ere you go
'Ere you go
To the Sewa
'Ere it is
'Ere it is
Long and pointa
Hear its glimmer
Taste its clamor
See its spice
Smell its shine
'Ere it comes
'Ere it comes
To feast on ya
'Ere you come
'Ere you go
To its maw
Feel its chartreuse
Hear its red spruce
Taste its hedronality
See its quantifcality
Synesthesia
Kinesthesia
'Ere you go?
'Ere you go?
To the uppa?
'Ere we go?
'Ere we go?
To the downa?
Anesthetic
Kinesthetic?
Up is green
Down is sharp
Left is clean
Right is four
Red red twenty to
Are you sure you
Want to dance
With them on the floor?
'Ere it does

Nephew Twiddleton

There is more to Eris than the Principia and your pineal gland.

In fact, you are probably better off consulting your frontal lobe than your pineal gland.

And who the hell has 5 tons of flax?

Hot dogs are bad for you, with or without buns.

Sometimes a number is just a number.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Sometimes a paranoid hippie is just a paranoid hippie.

If you think that you're not grey, or a cabbage, take a closer look.

There are better things to do with your time than throw a rock into the water and call it Cleveland.

If you think that you can read something better by reading it upside-down, you;ve missed the metaphor.

The Turkey Curse is a good way to get a free psych eval.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: El Twid on May 08, 2013, 05:04:19 AM

There are better things to do with your time than throw a rock into the water and call it Cleveland.

Oh, I like that.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2013, 05:05:05 AM
Quote from: El Twid on May 08, 2013, 05:04:19 AM

Oh, I like that.

Though, this should be taken literally. Playing Sink is... well, why would you?

Nephew Twiddleton

Gah, I hit modify instead of quote. I likened Sink to masturbation. Feels good, does nothing except help you sleep at night.

AFK

I just sank the whole thing!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Link to one of the highest quality collection of discordian icons/symbols redacted.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Chucklemaster

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 08, 2013, 03:35:40 AM
Also, when I say "we", I am not being universally inclusive.  Cramulus and his mob still like all the fnord jokes, hot dog gags, all that stuff.

My discordia is different than your discordia, and that's the way it should be.

I second that.

Quote from: Six Feet of Sole on May 08, 2013, 03:43:31 AM

You're going to find that there really aren't a lot of fnordy types here, as TGRR eluded to, they've mostly wandered off into different corners of the internet.  Honestly, I'm probably the closest you'll find to that, but I'm lazy and strapped for time.  So I think your idea is cool, and I'll cheer you on while you make your icons, but I probably won't help.

Thanks, Buddy.

In addtion: El Twid, thanks, I'll take around a little less than half of that advice.