News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth Gazpacho

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted. Happiness is intrinsic. Everything has an impetus; nothing has a lotus." Also, "bullshit helps the flowers grow." (Don't you dare try and correct me, I correct myself.  :lulz:)

You can pick any five things to highlight about yourself. If you're stuck, here's a list you can use:

"I'm not stuck, but I like lists. Ironically, organiza"

* Demographic info your age, where you live, etc [Yes, we're counting all of these facts as one "thing"]

"I am 19. I am USAnese (for lack of a better term. 'American' is vague, of course, calling myself blah blah blah who cares). I've lived on the east coast of Florida my whole life. I don't like to think I would easily fill 'demographic molds' but I know I would be disappointed by my programming."

* Professional Info - your job, what you're studying (if in school), etc

"I am currently unemployed, and searching for jobs. I want to study physics and math. YAY."

* What you like to do in your free time

"I like to think and read and look at colorful things which make familiar noises. I like to put the heated carcasses of other animals and various aromatic plants in my body. You know, all those things that we can all relate to!  :wink:"

* What kind of topics / projects are you interested in?

"BREAKIN TH' LAW. Yes, but seriously, topics and projects are cool. I just like having shit to do."

* How did you find Eris and what did you to her once you found her?

"Well, Fred, I'll tell you. <montage> Ah... And my life didn't change at all sence then... Okay, I was 13 and I found Goddess while I was trying to summon demons and unlock the mysteries of the universe and shit, you know, like every normal 13 year old. Basically, this constituted reading wikipedia and torrenting occult e-books. I found a copy of the principia and read it, thought I understood it, and took it seriously for about 2.5 years. And that's that! Oh, when I fount Eris I continued to sit in my computer chair an act in awe."

Absurd.

"also necessary: a picture"

I found it! No need to worry. It's under control.

Ruxeg's Holynames as of Now
* Super-Pope Dog-Food
* Pyroplastic das Unterbarrrrrrrrrrg
* A Dry Savanah and Salt
* The Game
* Carry-On Bug Spray
* Rev. Take Out
* Gen. Tso
* Sir Lord Emperor King Rex Man

There is no way I could ever accurately describe any facet of in brief.

I am very secular.

I am an anarchist, but other people are retarded.

I like to chant and dance and meditate humming "AUM AUM SUGAR COOKIES SATAN AND BLUE SOCKS AUM".

Subjective reality makes sence, objective reality is chaos... blah blah blah, and I spout other 21st century iconoclastics. I find solace in pseudo-zen.

I love to rant. You may find me there. You know where. "Or Kill Me", or whatever Rev. Roger keeps on saying.

That's five more. I finish now. (PROTIP: Above everything, I love fish.)
absolutely

The Good Reverend Roger

Let's just get this out of the way early, shall we?

I FUCKING HATE YOU.  YOU'RE A MISERABLE GIT AND YOU SHOULD NOT BE SHITTING IN THE GENE POOL.  DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE.

That is all.  I hope you enjoy your PD experience, and I might caution you to slow your roll on the "zanyness", for reasons that really shouldn't have to be explained (In case you're stupid, I will anyway:  It's been done to DEATH.)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You would think we would appreciate the zaniness. And we do. We appreciate it the same way I appreciate the fact that ever since I got a pet turtle when I was 12, my entire family has assumed that I appreciate turtle-related tchotchke, and keeps giving me stupid fucking little turtle figurines and turtle T-shirts for every fucking gift-giving occasion. For twenty-seven fucking years.

I fucking love my goddamn pet turtle, OK?

I DON'T FUCKING LOVE TURTLE-RELATED TCHOTCHKE

WHAT THE FUCK.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 28, 2010, 06:26:11 PM
You would think we would appreciate the zaniness. And we do. We appreciate it the same way I appreciate the fact that ever since I got a pet turtle when I was 12, my entire family has assumed that I appreciate turtle-related tchotchke, and keeps giving me stupid fucking little turtle figurines and turtle T-shirts for every fucking gift-giving occasion. For twenty-seven fucking years.

I fucking love my goddamn pet turtle, OK?

I DON'T FUCKING LOVE TURTLE-RELATED TCHOTCHKE

WHAT THE FUCK.

I remember I was once on a diet dealing with ADD, back when I was a child and my mother's need to believe something led her to assume that my energy and weirdness were obviously hyperactivity.  I was put on the Feingold Diet, which is rather healthy, even if it is a crock of new agey shit (at least in my eyes...What it does for ACTUAL hyperactives, I don't know).

Anyway, the only pie I could have, for 4 years, was pumpkin pie.  As a result, special efforts were made at holidays and special occasions to obtain pumpkin pie.  Over the intervening decades, this has morphed in the "minds" of my extended family into Roger likes pumpkin pie, and a big deal was made until very recently to ensure that it was on hand if I was back visiting in the old country.

Trouble is, I fucking HATE pumpkin pie.  I hate it with the fire of one thousand cheap cigars.  I've had it shoved at me for 34 years, and the smell alone makes me want to sick up.  

So I finally told everyone, the second-last time I was home.  Everyone acted betrayed.

The last time I was home, nobody spoke to me (Except the Terrible Old Man, but nobody speaks to him either, even if it IS his birthday party), and I thought "Is THAT all it took?"

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2010, 06:34:07 PM
I remember I was once on a diet dealing with ADD, back when I was a child and my mother's need to believe something led her to assume that my energy and weirdness were obviously hyperactivity.  I was put on the Feingold Diet, which is rather healthy, even if it is a crock of new agey shit (at least in my eyes...What it does for ACTUAL hyperactives, I don't know).

Anyway, the only pie I could have, for 4 years, was pumpkin pie.  As a result, special efforts were made at holidays and special occasions to obtain pumpkin pie.  Over the intervening decades, this has morphed in the "minds" of my extended family into Roger likes pumpkin pie, and a big deal was made until very recently to ensure that it was on hand if I was back visiting in the old country.

Trouble is, I fucking HATE pumpkin pie.  I hate it with the fire of one thousand cheap cigars.  I've had it shoved at me for 34 years, and the smell alone makes me want to sick up.  

So I finally told everyone, the second-last time I was home.  Everyone acted betrayed.

The last time I was home, nobody spoke to me (Except the Terrible Old Man, but nobody speaks to him either, even if it IS his birthday party), and I thought "Is THAT all it took?"

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

PUMPKIN PIE AND TURTLES, ROGER. AND FUCKING ZANINESS. OBVIOUSLY, WE MUST LOVE THEM.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

I avoid this by being careful with my enthusiasm around family.  If it's not something I will ALWAYS love to DEATH, it's poker face or polite gratitude.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 28, 2010, 07:24:19 PM
I avoid this by being careful with my enthusiasm around family.  If it's not something I will ALWAYS love to DEATH, it's poker face or polite gratitude.

But I never acted enthusiastic.  As I recall, I was typically eyeballing the black forest chocolate cake that everyone else got to eat.

Jasper

Well...

For that, there's being an evil little despot.  I would have stolen the cake, if I had to.  Maybe organize some cousins to act as accomplices in exchange for toys or a share of the cake.  It helped to have cousins who were less clever and more rotten than me at hand.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 28, 2010, 07:44:40 PM
Well...

For that, there's being an evil little despot.  I would have stolen the cake, if I had to.  Maybe organize some cousins to act as accomplices in exchange for toys or a share of the cake.  It helped to have cousins who were less clever and more rotten than me at hand.

My grandmother caught EVERYONE at EVERYTHING.  She was the Darth Vader of our family.

Jasper

Mm.  Yeah, I was probably only able to behave like a tiny crime lord because there wasn't a powerful figurehead in the family.  Apparently my maternal grandmother was that person, but she passed away before I was old enough to remember anything.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 28, 2010, 07:53:51 PM
Mm.  Yeah, I was probably only able to behave like a tiny crime lord because there wasn't a powerful figurehead in the family.  Apparently my maternal grandmother was that person, but she passed away before I was old enough to remember anything.

My family is chock full o' tyrannical elderly women.  My grandmother may be dead, but The Fear lives on.

Jasper

I kinda prefer it this way.  I wouldn't have been able to crash the rider mower in a ditch at 14 if there were responsible people leading the family.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 28, 2010, 07:58:48 PM
I kinda prefer it this way.  I wouldn't have been able to crash the rider mower in a ditch at 14 if there were responsible people leading the family.  :lulz:

At what point did I say "responsible"?

Jasper

Couldn't think of the word, settled for an okay assumption.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on November 28, 2010, 08:06:06 PM
Couldn't think of the word, settled for an okay assumption.

Assumption invalid.  They aren't responsible, just tyrannical and loaded up on booze and medications.