News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

Renamed: GOD. DAMN. IT.

Started by Freeky, November 30, 2009, 10:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

All I want to say is that this sounds like a horrible decision and I wish there was another option for you. I really wish so.

Freeky

Quote from: Squid on December 14, 2009, 02:22:49 AM
All I want to say is that this sounds like a horrible decision and I wish there was another option for you. I really wish so.

You and me both. There is this much consolation; it will not be a long stay at all. His ex and his other two boys are coming down February, after she gets through paying her parole whatsit. Six people is too many for a two bedroom apartment, so I will definitely be going. Plus I can't stand the woman, and while the boys are very good kids I can't deal with other people's children, most of the time anyway.

A car for me is in the works, too. It's being acquired through trade, my parents doing work for a vehicle the neighbors currently own. Which is currently broke, so I can't even test drive it to see if I like it. And the neighbor can't get to fixing it till after the first of the year.

Freeky

Quote from: BAI on December 14, 2009, 02:43:10 AM
:argh!:

Aw. MS. Freaky. Sorry to hear all this.

I guess if you have a choice between the devil and the deep blue, for a little while, you have to pick breathing sulphor or treading water I guess.

But, please, don;t stay with this fellow if he:

1. makes you sad more than he makes you happy.
2. if he's too self absorbed to look after the little one.

and, please give your mother the old /ignore.

god. I'm sorry your having such a tough time atm. I'm positive you;ll work thru things and find out what will work best for you. You may be stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment, but, your working out your problems, and I hope things work out for you.

We're just living together, not dating again. I'm thinking treading water isn't going to be too terribly bad, provided I get a spending allowance for keep house and watching Monkey. If we can't agree, I'll have to stay here, I guess.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on December 14, 2009, 02:22:49 AM

There isn't.  Freeky has talked to me about this, and as sad and horrible as it is, it's better than the situation she is currently in.  Worst part is, it's a binary solution set.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 14, 2009, 01:12:43 AM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on December 14, 2009, 12:30:37 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on December 13, 2009, 11:36:47 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on December 12, 2009, 05:57:54 PM
After a long think, I think I have to move back in with my ex. He's not abusive, it's 1 vs 1 instead of 2 vs 1, and I will have leverageg against him.

I'm going to enjoy my weekend first, though, and talk to him tomorrow about to hammer out the details.

That is a terrible idea. He's proven himself to be controlling. What you NEED to do is get some State assistance, get your own place, and go  back to school.

I get the impression that you have grown so accustomed to other people controlling you that you don't really know how to steer your own ship. It's a good time to learn.

Yeah, I know... I don't like this idea either, but but I got this advice from Roger and other people. He may be controlling, but its out of self absorbtion, instead of malice (like what my mom does). I'm really trying to get shit done, but my case worker is a total cunt and I never use that word. She uses all the red tape she can to be a horrendous person. She didn't even see me in her cubicle when I went there last, but put me in and interviewd me in a storage room. She wanted to put my parents on the paperwork because I lived with them, even though I'm over 22 and isn't required or something. But that's a different rant all together.

This whole thing is aggravating as hell, because there are NO choices that are the right choices, at least none that are feasible at this point in time.
I guess if it gets you a step closer to independence, moving back in with him isn't the worst thing you could do. I just worry that i t'll end up being a trap.

Well, there's one positive here:  If the ex is a shit, the Tucson Cabal will make him wish he was never born.  No violence, it's just that we have by the short and skinnies due to the nature of his job.  He runs the local branch of his security company, and they guard all kinds of places that are ripe for jakery.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

What the hell kind of world do we live in, when the option of living with you ex is better than living with your own goddamn parents?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2009, 04:20:26 PM
What the hell kind of world do we live in, when the option of living with you ex is better than living with your own goddamn parents?

We live in a world run by hairless apes.

Next question?

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 14, 2009, 04:21:30 PM
Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2009, 04:20:26 PM

We live in a world run by hairless apes.

Next question?

:horrormirth:

Freeky

So I'm about to go over to my ex's to hang out for the day. Tomorrow, we will discuss terms of me living there.

I realized a few days ago that I wouldn't be able to file for child support, seeing as Monkey would be living with him. I'm hoping that I can get him to sign things for DES that'll let me get state help, though.

Freeky

So I'm going to stay here at my mom's. The ex didn't take to my idea (of me staying there without a job, but providing a clean house and taking care of monkey and helping out with food by way of food stamps) very well. I probably didn't sell myself very well, in the first place. After reflecting, he said that basically my idea sounded like what I wanted was to be like our ex roomate, who refused to work, didn't clean, and ate all the food, with the added bonus of him sleeping on the couch cuz it's my bed.

His counterargument was "I don't care what the house looks like."

After a long pause in the coversation, I mentioned that I wanted to go to school. It seems like every time I bring this point up, everyone adds taht there are tons of people who do both, and the ex was no exception. i couldn't think of much to say to that. I'm still trying to work on my rebuttal skills.

After he took a shower, I told him that I didn't think it was gonna work out, because if he didn't think that a clean house, food, and a happy kid living under his roof and all for free was a fair trade for a couple of months living there, we weren't on the same page. And then he started shouting at me while I was trying to get ready to go, and was holding the monkey, whom I was taking with me cuz the ex had to work. So I just stood there and listened to him until his work phone rang, when he put Monkey down. I finished getting ready and picked monkey up and started towards the door, when the ex started yelling again.

I can't remember most of what he said, but he must have brought up the fact that 50/50 meant that I had to share the expenses too, and if he had to pay for it all he might as well take Monkey full time. I recall saying that that was another reason I didn't want to live there, because if I did anything that he didn't like he could threaten to take Monkey away completely, which he had already done twice. Then he started talking about how yeah, he knew how my parents treated me, we were together for three years and he's been trying to help me, from getting a job to telling them to fuck off, and he sees so muc hpotential in me etc etc etc...

By then I was about to cry, because he brought up inadvertently that we weren't together anymore. So I told him I had to leave and walked out. eventually I called my mom to come pick me up.

He just called me to apologize for yelling and to say that he hadn't ever threatened me with taking Monkey away, and if that's the way it came off he never meant to.

He never apologized to me when we were together. I'm not sure how I feel, except depressed.

The Good Reverend Roger

So, change of plans for next Friday.  We game at Nivek's.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2009, 11:23:29 PM

Don't know if I'll  be able to make it. I heard D say to B last night, "So are we gaming at my place next week cuz you wont have Monkey?"

:sad:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on December 20, 2009, 11:34:53 PM

Don't know if I'll  be able to make it. I heard D say to B last night, "So are we gaming at my place next week cuz you wont have Monkey?"

Let me know.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 20, 2009, 11:39:37 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky on December 20, 2009, 11:34:53 PM

Let me know.

Ok.

Freeky

So I'm at the downtown library right now. I went to the courthouse finally, but I couldn't get all the packets I need because I have  no moneys to buy them with. I need 9, with an optional 10th one for a reason I forgot.  :|

The only weirdo I spotted today was some guy talking to some old lady on the bus, and showed her a picture of a diseased foot. I was listening to my headphones, so I don't know what they said...

WHERE DO YOU FIND THE WEIRDIES, ROGER?!  :?