News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Rant 42: American Imperium

Started by Irreverend Hugh, KSC, June 08, 2004, 01:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Rant 42
American Imperium

“Superstition is what we call experience of phenomena we don’t approve of.”

“Le caf?© noir dans un paquet bleu, le plus je bois le plus je veux.”
-Ancient Mystical Cajun/Cadien chant

“Who sees the variety and not the unity, wanders on from death to death.”
-Katha Upanishad

“From 1945 to the end of the century, the United States attempted to overthrow more than 40 foreign governments and to crush more than 30 populist movements fighting against insufferable regimes. In the process, the US bombed about 25 countries, caused the end of life for several million people, and condemned many millions more to a life of agony and despair.”
-William Blum (‘War Against Terrorism or the Expansion of the American Empire?’)

What are you going to do about it? The Hermetic traditions, whether embodied in Free Masonry, Illuminism, or the Templars who became the rebellious High Seas Pirates,  or the revival of the cult of Discordia, fought for ages in Europe and its colonies, struggling and conspiring to overthrow the system of Church and of Emperors. The founding documents of the American Republic was one expression of that group of movements. The overthrow of European Monarchist control over societies was another expression. Long before there were people like Karl Marx telling revolutionaries how to think and act, there were people acting and thinking for themselves.

But the Hydra of Empire keeps rearing more heads even as they are cut off or discredited. The Hydra of Empire exists in the training camps of Al-Qaeda as much as it does in the halls of our great national palaces. Those willing to seek the deaths of hundreds, or thousands, or millions, for their vision of Empire are part of the same system, regardless of whether they are government-agent terrorists, or of the freelance variety. The State and the Tyranny of Belief are what create terrorism. Poverty does not create terrorism. Poverty creates social revolution. It is important to make that distinction so you don’t have your mind muddled by a govermedia that is enraptured in the ecstasy of Empire.

Do you think that commercial dominance to gain political and social control is a new idea? If you do, then study the Pax Romana. The Romans had that down to a science and conquered everything they wanted to, establishing trade networks and moving soldiers to guard trade, eventually establishing settlements which eventually strangled any opposition to Roman dominance. The Romans gave their citizens an unprecedented level of comfort and opportunity in the Imperium. But the final question is “Why did no one really fight back when Rome was finally over-run?”

Now the United States government and the corporations that buy and sell that government, is doing the same thing. The Romans took hundreds of years. But the US has managed to achieve an Imperium that far surpasses the Romans’ wildest dreams in a little over half a century.

I hear a lot of shit-talking by Europeans who claim themselves superior to US pretensions, even as they revel in lifestyles of comfort and privilege garnered from the centuries of White Supremacism and Empire building that their forebears perpetrated. The Europeans are simply being snotty over the fact that they have lost the Empire race and are now appendages to the American Imperium. Talk as they may to the contrary, their nations are enthralled to American control and policies. My advice to the Europeans talking up a storm is this: “Cut your crap, Whitey! Unless you are willing to concede your own smug notions of superiority and its attendant comforts.” The Europeans will not help us overthrow the Empire and restore our democratic movements. Only we Americans, and those willing to come here and join us from within the Beast’s belly can do that. (After all, look at how the Europeans rolled over when the Third Reich came to power, the only exception being the Spanish and the Italians, who preferred civil-wars to Fascist control.)

Why am I in the fray? For survival. How long to you think the forces of Order and Empire are going to tolerate Discordia from within? Why are you either in the fray or not? I have the experience of traditions and stories handed down from a long line of Celtic forebears who fought Empire in every incarnation from Julius Caesar who wiped out hundreds of thousands of Gauls, on down to the Anglo-Americans who destroyed millions in Ireland. We were there at Alesia, we were there on the Isle of Mon, we were there at Eboricum, we were there at Droichead ?Åtha, at Culloden, and at countless other places fighting for survival and dying when no other choice was left. These paths of freedom are well worn and have been traveled by millions around the world from every ethnic group and in every expression of resistance, from the forebears of the American Republic, which was later betrayed, to the armies of Ho Chi Minh who fought French, Japanese, and American Empires, without so much as flinching.

Being an occultist gives me many tools at my disposal that are not even recognized by the Empire, and that is a good thing. Because the point is to be effective, not to make some stupid heroic stance. The cracks in the edifice of Empire are growing. And the Imperialists must expend a lot of time and energy to maintain it. Whereas we, ourselves, only need expend minimal energy and time. To act freely one only needs act. But for the Empire to maintain control, they need to consume and spend a lot of resources. Look where Rome is now. A shattered collection of ruins, good only for tourism. We are standing upon the shoulders of those before us who struggled for human freedom. But don’t kid yourselves by thinking you need fight through military struggle because the Empire has mastered that style of fighting well. It may be the only effective sphere we have left to act in is the sphere of ideas. Ideas, not just words. For ideas combine words and actions.

That said, I will struggle and resist using the methods I excel in while respecting your own methods where they differ. The Empire is a many-headed Hydra, so we need to be polycentric, non-local, and flexible in our awareness and activities. We need to not pick sides, but to stay open. If Eris is with us, then you know, many will be against us…that is if they ever get the joke, and by then, it will be too late.

My fellow Erisians, get to slack! The time is now-ever. And remember, if you don’t think for yourselves, than others are telling you what to do.

(Confusion 12th, 3170)

[Note: This rant may self-distruct in three days.]
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

gnimbley

Wow.

That was some impressive series of serious discordia.

And I thought I spent a lot of time working on posts.

Are there still going to be cookies later?
I am going to need to chew on a lot of them while
I digest these four posts. My poor little gnomish
head can only handle one idea at a time. And
cookies would be a big help right now.

The Good Reverend Roger

St Hugh:  This was only to be expected, after the fascists on one side won WWII.

The subtle fascists won.  Doesn't make 'em any less fascist.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Lister

QuoteThe Europeans are simply being snotty over the fact that they have lost the Empire race and are now appendages to the American Imperium

True enough...
Except that my people never had their own empire.
Subjugated as lower-class citizens since the romans came to visit.
And my brave celtic ancestor?
What did he do?
He ran to germany at the sight of his first roman helmet...
And Caesar even dared to write that the Belgians were the bravest of all the Gauls in his "Bella Romanica" (which translates to "Rome's War", not "beautiful Rome" or something like that).
It makes me wonder...
How fast did the rest of them run away then?

**edit: on second thought, it was probably the "Bella Gallicum"
When I was a little man
Playdough came in a little can
I was Star Wars' biggest fan
Now I'm stuck without a plan
GI Joe was an action man
Shaggy drove the mystery van
Devo was my favorite band
Take me back to my happy land

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Yeah, Lister,
the Celts got the shit-end of the European deal, sad and true. Not all of them ran away from their oppressors though, otherwise there might be more left today.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"