News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Edge of Tomorrow is as original as it's gonna get, I'm afraid.

I'm kinda resigned at this point to any film either having already been a book, a comic or another film.  Talk about a cultural dead-end...

Q. G. Pennyworth

Birdman, Grand Budapest Hotel, Nightcrawler, Dear White People, Top Five, Her, Bridesmaids, Inception, Interstellar, Gravity, Pacific Rim, Now You See Me, Neighbors, The Interview, Lucy, Tammy, Let's Be Cops...

Sure, not all of it's good, but there's been plenty just in the last couple years.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 30, 2015, 03:02:38 AM
Quote from: Cain on June 30, 2015, 02:31:01 AM
In much happier news, I heard a rumour that Emily Blunt is being considered for the starring role in an Escape from New York remake.

I don't think many women (or men for that matter) could make a convincing Snake Plissen, but after her performance in Edge of Tomorrow, I definitely think she could.

Maybe.

But I'd love to see an original film once this decade.

Seriously, motherfuckers don't re-write books.

Well, most of the time they don't.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 30, 2015, 05:04:59 AM
In much happier news, I heard a rumour that Emily Blunt is being considered for the starring role in an Escape from New York remake.

I don't think many women (or men for that matter) could make a convincing Snake Plissen, but after her performance in Edge of Tomorrow, I definitely think she could.

Maybe.

FALSE!

You remember, I used to edit romance novels. 

They were ALL THE SAME BOOK.  Except for the ones by Kitty Parsons, but those were all banned and sent to the incinerator.
Molon Lube

Demolition Squid

I'm looking forward to seeing Slow West. I've heard some very good things.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Chelagoras The Boulder

Update on the gardening biz: Talked to Nancy today, she says not to worry, just be better about keeping the hoses clean. though apparently, the owner of one of the other plots neighboring the one I tend has a 4 year old that she lets water the garden which is probably what caused all of this to kick off in the first place.

Also found out that since i'm a helper and not a member, complaints can't actually get me fired, since i'm not formally "employed" by the garden, so much as Nancy and various others pay me to come by and take care of stuff. If i was a member they could threaten to take away my plot, but since i'm not, the worst they could do is give me a bad name and tell people not to let me tend their stuff. But yea, so long as the people i work with are satisfied with what i'm doing, eveything should be alright.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 30, 2015, 06:03:09 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 30, 2015, 05:04:59 AM

Maybe.

FALSE!

You remember, I used to edit romance novels. 

They were ALL THE SAME BOOK.  Except for the ones by Kitty Parsons, but those were all banned and sent to the incinerator.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cain

I wonder if sales of Hagakure are soaring in wake of season 2 of True Detective, much like season one prompted purchases of The King in Yellow?  It was pretty prominently displayed in episode one in Ani Bezzerides' home, alongside a less prominent copy of A Book of Five Rings and some what look like some Fairbairn and Sykes knife-fighting manuals.

Well tough luck poseurs, my samurai killer manuals are well over a decade old. My knifefighting manuals too, though I only keep digitized copies of those nowadays.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 01, 2015, 03:34:06 AM
I wonder if sales of Hagakure are soaring in wake of season 2 of True Detective, much like season one prompted purchases of The King in Yellow?  It was pretty prominently displayed in episode one in Ani Bezzerides' home, alongside a less prominent copy of A Book of Five Rings and some what look like some Fairbairn and Sykes knife-fighting manuals.

Well tough luck poseurs, my samurai killer manuals are well over a decade old. My knifefighting manuals too, though I only keep digitized copies of those nowadays.

Who the hell is Ani Bezzerides?
Molon Lube

minuspace

Had been thinking about episode, and I call foul if anyone uses a wakizashi.

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 01, 2015, 05:22:23 AM

Character in True Detective.  Likes knives, has a New Age hippie cult leader for a father and, works for the County Sherrif's office and spends most of her time staring into the middle distance while looking mildly perturbed

minuspace

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on July 01, 2015, 11:31:22 AM

Character in True Detective.  Likes knives, has a New Age hippie cult leader for a father and, works for the County Sherrif's office and spends most of her time staring into the middle distance while looking mildly perturbed

And her full name is Antigone. 

I swear, if there's even a hint that she's going to get locked up in a mausoleum or something, I'm gonna punch the scriptwriters in the face.

Also, save for the final two minutes of last episode, it's is boring as fuck.

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 01, 2015, 01:10:55 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 01, 2015, 11:31:22 AM

And her full name is Antigone. 

I swear, if there's even a hint that she's going to get locked up in a mausoleum or something, I'm gonna punch the scriptwriters in the face.

Also, save for the final two minutes of last episode, it's is boring as fuck.

I've only watched the episodes while tired as hell, but that was the general impression I was getting too.