News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

Acosmicist UNLIMITED fightin' the power thread

Started by Acosmicist, July 28, 2015, 07:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acosmicist

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on July 30, 2015, 04:16:27 PM
Difference is we never came bounding up to you like some kind of demented kitten insisting it had a hairball to share. why don't you stick it on the pile, along with all the others and then fuck off and do something interesting with the rest of your life?
Because I simply don't find anything interesting.

If you had actually read my relentless shitposting, you'd have seen that already.

It's almost like cutting myself for attention. Everyone sees the scars. No one pities me. I'm not even getting the attention I do it for. There's no point, and every time I do it, it just gets worse and worse, but I keep doing it anyway. I take meds, they don't help. I get therapy, but I just feel like I'm being patronized. No one sincerely cares. I'll show them. I'll troll them until they beat me to death, force me to carry my cross to the mount, and let them nail me to it, and hope they miss me more than they hate each other. I'm a walking stereotype. I'm a broken horse who really thinks I'm accomplishing something by getting whipped and spurred.

But I can change. The scars won't go away, but they will forever serve as a reminder of where I came from and what I've overcome. I can find inner peace again. I can sit down and watch Pitch Perfect 2 with my girlfriend and laugh. I can long for the warmth of someone's touch. I can be a role model. I can come out of the closet and be fabulous. I can take up Tarot reading. I can post witty quips about how much of an evil bitch I can be if you get me riled up enough, photoshopped onto images of Minions on my Facebook wall. I can support feminism in video gaming and fight against rape culture. I can admit to my white privilege and do my best to speak up about microaggression when I see it. I can play Minecraft and construct a model of the Death Star. I can major in Programming and Psychology and get a kick out of talking to my own speechbot. I can secretly build a nuclear reactor in my basement. I can try psychedelics and listen to Joe Rogan podcasts.

I know you see where I'm going here. I don't want to pretend to be interested in doing something "interesting". I'm way too much of a special snowflake for that.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

hooplala

I've seen it; its fucking frightening. Stop doing that, EoC.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 30, 2015, 07:09:52 PM
I can ride my bike with no handlebars

On a long enough timeline, everyone riding a bike with no handlebars is dead.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on July 30, 2015, 08:04:29 PM

The time I watched EoC do it a lot of people died... EoC wasn't one of them though.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on July 30, 2015, 08:08:08 PM

The time I watched EoC do it a lot of people died... EoC wasn't one of them though.

So he says.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2015, 12:06:24 AM

So he says.

Well, I'm no doctor, but there was a hell of a lot of laughing, screaming, crying, and dancing. On a bicycle. Without handlebars.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hoopla on July 31, 2015, 12:38:06 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 31, 2015, 12:06:24 AM

So he says.

Well, I'm no doctor, but there was a hell of a lot of laughing, screaming, crying, and dancing. On a bicycle. Without handlebars.

You have to remember that he's a stegosaurus, so he can ride, dance, and drink beer for hours after death.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 31, 2015, 01:32:11 AM
Quote from: Acosmicist on July 30, 2015, 07:05:20 PM
my relentless shitposting.

:fnord:
:lol:

Not even, IMO. Maybe .5-2\3  :fnord:
He seems to believe he's actually managed something like relentlessness.
Why waste a whole  :fnord: when he's clearly only going to continue to under-perform?

Hey Acosmicist! Step it up or step on out. Try to break out of the sad-sock thing and really dig deep into your hatred.

Or... you know... you could also try being a people and not a failtroll.
Just sewing seeds.
As you were.
Spag.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

I can gather his posts up faster than he can make them.

So far, this hasn't been as relentless as some of the greats (AKK, for one extreme example).  It's like he's just mailing it in.
Molon Lube

Acosmicist

But... I am a real person with real feelings.
It's the mind games you guys play.
They have a deep impact on people.
I don't want you to have the power you have over me.
I *must* earn your respect and admiration.
I have to keep fighting the power.
SO MUCH INNER CONFLICT
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE
NORTON ANTIVIRUS SUITE! DO SOMETHING IMMEDIA...
*crash*
System is installing updates, please wait...
*beep*
Whoa. This is different.
It's beautiful here. But what is that tree all about, and why does that fucking serpent keep telling me to eat its fruit?
It looks tasty. I can't resist.
OH NO, NOT AGAIN, WHAT HAVE I DONE!

I really need to get someone to catch me at the BIOS and put in a Linux Distro, but I'm really afraid that I might just end up with OSX.

Acosmicist

In other words, I don't trust you.
I suspect you might be agents trying to herd us back into the yard by putting a thick, medium rare steak on one side and a bowl of Tastee Wheat on the other.
I suspect you might be deliberately trying to invoke that sense of distrust, and you get laughs at our reaction.
I'll indulge you with the laughs if you indulge me with the Tastee Wheat.
Deal?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."