News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

KAI, THEY'RE ON TO YOU!

Started by Kurt Christ, February 08, 2010, 06:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumckle

This sounds like it has some trolling potential.

I wonder if you can register online  :lol:
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on February 08, 2010, 09:16:21 PM
Call me crazy but doesn't this go against the first amendment right of free speech and the right to assemble peaceably (and maybe the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances)?

According to the bill, the bill does not violate free speech.  It is self-proclaimed First Amendment-friendly:

QuoteSECTION 23-29-30. Effect on freedom of press or speech.

Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to authorize, require or establish censorship or to limit in any way or infringe upon freedom of the press or of speech as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and no regulation shall be promulgated hereunder having that effect.

I guess some legislator was like, "Doesn't this violate every standard of democracy?" and the others were all "Whoops - you might be right.  Let me write 'does not mess up amendment rights on it' and then everyone will know that the parts that explicitly say we're making a law to regulate speech won't count for people who like their rights."
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on February 08, 2010, 10:56:33 PM
Ok, correction: It will be used like "and causing a nuisance" laws to add 20 years on the end of a 170 year sentence OR they will be used like current tax/RICO/Patriot Act laws to lock up people when they can't get any other charges to stick. It still sounds unconstitutional to me.  But I hope that some smartass DA uses it on the local Tea Party.  :lulz:

"Patriotic" groups have been excluded.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rumckle on February 09, 2010, 12:11:39 AM
This sounds like it has some trolling potential.

I wonder if you can register online  :lol:

I wonder if there's an honorary list for out of state people.
Molon Lube

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Satzanfang on February 09, 2010, 01:14:38 AM
According to the bill, the bill does not violate free speech.  It is self-proclaimed First Amendment-friendly:

QuoteSECTION 23-29-30. Effect on freedom of press or speech.

Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to authorize, require or establish censorship or to limit in any way or infringe upon freedom of the press or of speech as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and no regulation shall be promulgated hereunder having that effect.

I guess some legislator was like, "Doesn't this violate every standard of democracy?" and the others were all "Whoops - you might be right.  Let me write 'does not mess up amendment rights on it' and then everyone will know that the parts that explicitly say we're making a law to regulate speech won't count for people who like their rights."

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 09, 2010, 01:18:44 AM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on February 08, 2010, 10:56:33 PM
Ok, correction: It will be used like "and causing a nuisance" laws to add 20 years on the end of a 170 year sentence OR they will be used like current tax/RICO/Patriot Act laws to lock up people when they can't get any other charges to stick. It still sounds unconstitutional to me.  But I hope that some smartass DA uses it on the local Tea Party.  :lulz:

"Patriotic" groups have been excluded.
I will now revert back to my previous position that this is political theater to make the state government look like they are tough on terrorism. Any group can quote Jefferson a couple of times before saying that all government employees should be hung from a tree. That's "patriotic", right?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Chairman Risus

Kai-
Do you want to start up a subversive organization just so we can send in for registration?

Insurrectionally yours,
                                                                                                                  Risus

Requia ☣

It means whatever the prosecutor and his corrupt judge pals want it to mean.

Though going to jail on technicalities because you pissed off the DA is hardly new.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on February 09, 2010, 02:33:35 AM
Kai-
Do you want to start up a subversive organization just so we can send in for registration?

Insurrectionally yours,
                                                                                                                  Risus

That would pretty much kill Kai's career.

But I am now considering moving to SC, as my state isn't nearly this funny.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

I wonder what happens if you apply but refuse to send in five dollars to the government you're planning on toppling.

Reginald Ret

i wonder what happens if you send the five dollars but refuse to give your information to the 'false government'
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Nast

See, this is why I love this country and want to die here.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."