News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Unvarnished Truth #1: Communism, Libertarianism, and Rational Anarchy.

Started by Doktor Howl, March 23, 2010, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, and people misinterpreting your point in a thread is an awesome reason to have a hissy fit about it and take your ball and go home rather than expound on your idea for clarification.

Because, you know, when you decide to post something in installments everyone should just stay out of the thread until you're good and done talking.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Didn't you KILL The Good Reverend? Because this is suspiciously reminiscent of him.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 24, 2010, 05:15:37 PM
Yeah, and people misinterpreting your point in a thread is an awesome reason to have a hissy fit about it and take your ball and go home rather than expound on your idea for clarification.

Because, you know, when you decide to post something in installments everyone should just stay out of the thread until you're good and done talking.

They didn't misinterpret what I said.

I posted part one, and said I'd offer a solution in part two.  They then told me what my part two was going to say.

So fuck 'em.  Let them write it.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 24, 2010, 05:16:03 PM
Didn't you KILL The Good Reverend? Because this is suspiciously reminiscent of him.

Oh, yeah, that fucker's dead.  Because he would have thrown a fit, and then written the next installment anyway.

I won't be putting up with this shit.  I asked Ippie if his privilege comment was trolling, and he said no.  Then I asked him what he meant by it, and he deliberately posted the most insulting shit he could come up with, given my background here.  And it had nothing to do with what I had written, it was what he just KNEW I was going to write next.

Because there are only 4 political arguments.  No more are necessary or wanted.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, I know frustration with the SAME TIRED SHIT - and the fact that everyone insists on projecting it onto any potential new argument - is "retarded", but I can't help myself.  I have an extra chromosome.
Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 04:54:20 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 24, 2010, 04:51:03 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 04:24:52 PM
You know what?  I'm fucking done with this series.  Congratulations, Ippie and Ratatosk.  Since you two insist on putting fucking words in my mouth, particularly ippie, after I said the follow up would explain what I meant by the goddamn TAZ, including methods I had NO FUCKING INTENTION OF USING, I guess I'll just let you two fuckers write the other four essays.

Privilege.  Kiss my fucking ass.

What words did I put in your mouth? I ask a fucking question.

You, like Ippie, decided how I was going to explain the TAZ.  Then you told me, Socratically, what I was really thinking

Well, fuck you both.  You finish the series, since it's obvious that there are no new ideas that don't fit into your particular BIP.  That's right, there's never a fresh approach, and we can just sit here and cut and paste the same old arguments all fucking day long.

I knew this shit was going to happen, and said as much to more than one person.  I honest to God don't know why I bothered.  Foolish optimism, I suppose.

Dude, you way over interpreted what I stated.

You said:
QuoteRational Anarchism assumes that monkeys won't form increasingly complex tribes.

Now, I could have argued with this, because Rational Anarchism presumes that monkeys want and need and will create increasingly complex tribes and ways to govern those tribes. Its one of the foundation points of Rational Anarchism.

THEN  you said:
QuoteThe answer, of course, is to let the monkeys have their systems, and figure out how to remain autonomous within that system.  I'm going to twist the meaning of the "Temporary Autonomous Zone" just a bit, and make it more resemble the Speakeasys of the prohibition era.

Or:  Have your fun, just don't let the monkeys know about it.  Fact is, the very complexity that causes the monkey's systems to fail also allows you to operate under their radar.  I'll be talking more about this in installment #2.

And these two statements describe 'Rational Anarchism'. You can twist the meaning of TAZ, or change it or modify it... but it has nothing to do with the fact that Rational Anarchims can be defined as:   let the monkeys have their systems, and figure out how to remain autonomous within that system.  

So, I tried to be nice and ask for further explanation.

QuoteCould you explain the difference please?

Would you prefer that instead of asking you to expound on something like a rational human being, I just call you an ignorant little fuck that is apparently shitting rants out of their ass without any idea of what they're talking about? I didn't presume what else you were gonna say... I WAS/AM ASKING about what you SAID RIGHT HERE.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 05:23:33 PM
Also, I know frustration with the SAME TIRED SHIT - and the fact that everyone insists on projecting it onto any potential new argument - is "retarded", but I can't help myself.  I have an extra chromosome.

Well then, sack the fuck up (and keep writing) or shut the fuck up and go sulk in a corner by yourself. This intentional injection of personal drama and histrionics into what is supposed to be a forum for intelligent discussion is insulting to everyone who reads it.

This isn't Apple Talk. And you're just sinking to a level at or below that of the behavior you have a problem with if this is your response every time someone takes your idea and runs the wrong way with it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 24, 2010, 05:24:48 PM

Would you prefer that instead of asking you to expound on something like a rational human being, I just call you an ignorant little fuck that is apparently shitting rants out of their ass without any idea of what they're talking about? I didn't presume what else you were gonna say... I WAS/AM ASKING about what you SAID RIGHT HERE.

You told me what my solution was going to be.  I had already stated that I was going to post that solution, but instead you decided it was "rational anarchism" in a funny dress, and said so (just as Ippie told me it was mere privilege).  The fact that you said it Socratically means nothing.

Since you two have decided what I was going to say, you can go ahead and say it for me.  After all, I am both retarded and ignorant.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 24, 2010, 05:26:19 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 05:23:33 PM

Well then, sack the fuck up (and keep writing) or shut the fuck up and go sulk in a corner by yourself.

Okay.
Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 05:28:13 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 24, 2010, 05:24:48 PM

You told me what my solution was going to be.  I had already stated that I was going to post that solution, but instead you decided it was "rational anarchism" in a funny dress, and said so (just as Ippie told me it was mere privilege).  The fact that you said it Socratically means nothing.

Since you two have decided what I was going to say, you can go ahead and say it for me.  After all, I am both retarded and ignorant.

You idiot, I didn't presume a damned thing. I ASKED YOU ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST SAID WHICH APPEARED TO CONTRADICT WHAT YOU JUST SAID. I did not presume ANYTHING about where you were going... I asked about where you were right then.

If the answer was "It will make more sense with the next installment" I would have been fine with that. I put no fucking words in your mouth and I most certainly didn't presume shit about your next piece of writing.

I mean, I could have... given the inaccuracy in facts thusfar... but I didn't I asked you to clarify, for me, what the difference was between your statement and the definition of something you already called wrong... as they appear identical IN THE CURRENT PIECE OF WRITING THAT YOU POSTED.

If you can't defend what you write. Don't fucking write.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 24, 2010, 05:33:17 PM
You idiot, I didn't presume a damned thing. I ASKED YOU ABOUT WHAT YOU JUST SAID WHICH APPEARED TO CONTRADICT WHAT YOU JUST SAID. I did not presume ANYTHING about where you were going... I asked about where you were right then.

If the answer was "It will make more sense with the next installment" I would have been fine with that.

Yeah, I should have done that.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 23, 2010, 04:48:38 PM
Or:  Have your fun, just don't let the monkeys know about it.  Fact is, the very complexity that causes the monkey's systems to fail also allows you to operate under their radar.  I'll be talking more about this in installment #2.

More to the point, if I can't defend what I haven't yet written, I shouldn't write.

And that sounds like a damn good solution.

Thread over.
Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 05:37:45 PM

If the answer was "It will make more sense with the next installment" I would have been fine with that.

More to the point, if I can't defend what I haven't yet written, I shouldn't write.

Thread over.

Yeah, that's a great solution.  :kingmeh:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 24, 2010, 05:40:44 PM

Thread over.

WTF?  You proposed it.
Molon Lube

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 24, 2010, 05:41:14 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 24, 2010, 05:40:44 PM

Thread over.

WTF?  You proposed it.

No, I proposed that if you can't defend what you write (present tense) ... you still seem to be vacationing in crazyland where you believe that I somehow was bitching about what hadn't been written. But if it makes you feel better, believe what you want.

Dimocritus

Just relax, everybody. I was enjoying this thread and was interested in where it was going... until it turned into a pissing contest. WTF is wrong with every body? Just fucking RELAX! People put words in peoples mouth around here all the time, no big deal. Relax. BUT people coming around and pissing on everything doesn't help anything either (I'm seeing a trend with this lately).

SOO

OT: Before I make any comment about this, I'm going to wait and hear Dok out in part two. Though, the idea of a space outside of the system sounds like it would just generate another system, just with different monkeys. But..

Dimo-
What the hell do I know?
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"