News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

21C Man, Part 6: My Dinner With Nigel

Started by Doktor Howl, November 21, 2014, 04:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 21, 2014, 05:00:51 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 21, 2014, 04:53:18 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 21, 2014, 04:39:13 PM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 21, 2014, 04:37:06 PM
It was a lovely evening! I no longer recall why I was so fascinated with the Kenyan, because of being so very brave, but I do recall that it wasn't that I liked him. I think that maybe I thought that if I paid attention to him hard enough, he'd go away.

It worked, he did.   :lulz:

My focused attention often has that effect. :lol:

I thought maybe you smiled at him the Nigel Way, because he sort of evaporated.

I'm pretty sure that he was explaining the Love Bullets, and I was grinning and saying things along the lines of "Aha! Just as I was saying, it's semen!" and "So the Love Bullets come out of a gun, and the gun is actually a penis?" and "How are Love Bullets NOT like semen?"

You might be extremely surprised to hear this, but I can be incredibly irritating.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: N E T on November 21, 2014, 05:59:25 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 21, 2014, 04:29:08 PM
This is why I hate bars.  I'd rather just hang out and drink in the hotel room or at someone's house.  It NEVER FAILS that if you're having FUN in a bar, a silly drunk bastard will attach him/herself to your group and babble gibberish at you for amazing lengths of time. 

Same here. It's especially intolerable when you don't drink and can pinpoint the exact moment the jabber will start over again on a loop.

:crankey:

It doesn't always work, but I like to get them all twisted in a knot and/or loudly narrate their activity until they go away.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

:lulz:

I like to humor their ideas, fully engaging them in their bizarre delusions, and then insinuating that they smell bad.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Eater of Clowns

"No. I totally get it. You're right, man, and..." *sniff* *minor nose wrinkle*

-"And...?"

"Oh, yeah, and" *slight sniff* *two rapid blinks* "anyway, definitely, dude."

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 22, 2014, 12:39:51 AM
It was a lovely evening! I no longer recall why I was so fascinated with the Kenyan, because of being so very brave, but I do recall that it wasn't that I liked him. I think that maybe I thought that if I paid attention to him hard enough, he'd go away.

I'm pretty sure that he was explaining the Love Bullets, and I was grinning and saying things along the lines of "Aha! Just as I was saying, it's semen!" and "So the Love Bullets come out of a gun, and the gun is actually a penis?" and "How are Love Bullets NOT like semen?"

You might be extremely surprised to hear this, but I can be incredibly irritating.

In the manner that a cat that rids you of a particularly annoying mouse might be irritating.   :lol:
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 22, 2014, 03:46:07 AM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 22, 2014, 12:39:51 AM

In the manner that a cat that rids you of a particularly annoying mouse might be irritating.   :lol:

:thanks:

LMNO

Quote from: President Television on November 22, 2014, 12:14:53 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 21, 2014, 11:27:10 PM
Quote from: President Television on November 21, 2014, 11:08:21 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 21, 2014, 04:42:05 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 21, 2014, 04:40:27 PM
Sounds like a hoot! Looking forward to your upcoming trip to Hogtown!

That's on the bounce again.  I have to go there, but my schedule is in flux.  I now have to go to Portland again in December, Germany again in January, and Houston for half of February.  Then I have Hamilton AND Toronto (Pickering, to be exact), and Boston that will be jammed in there somewhere.

Holy shit, Pickering? I'm living in Toronto right now. I should see about paying you a visit when you're in town, if you don't mind. When do you have it planned?

Not sure yet.  I have business there sometime after the new year, and I'm related to damn near everyone in the province, so I expect I'll burn some vacation time.

Ok. Well, keep me filled in. It'd be fun to hang out with a Holy Man™.

More fun than you really wanted. I should know.

Couldn't sleep for three weeks after he left Boston. 'Twas the giant spiderclowns, is what it was.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 22, 2014, 04:20:57 PM

That's on the bounce again.  I have to go there, but my schedule is in flux.  I now have to go to Portland again in December, Germany again in January, and Houston for half of February.  Then I have Hamilton AND Toronto (Pickering, to be exact), and Boston that will be jammed in there somewhere.

Holy shit, Pickering? I'm living in Toronto right now. I should see about paying you a visit when you're in town, if you don't mind. When do you have it planned?

Not sure yet.  I have business there sometime after the new year, and I'm related to damn near everyone in the province, so I expect I'll burn some vacation time.

Couldn't sleep for three weeks after he left Boston. 'Twas the giant spiderclowns, is what it was.

Wasn't my fault.  I blame EoC for 1) his TEETH, and 2) for being shorter than he really is.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 22, 2014, 06:56:56 PM

Wasn't my fault.  I blame EoC for 1) his TEETH, and 2) for being shorter than he really is.

I'm comfortable with this. My TEETH can absorb your feelings.   :)

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 23, 2014, 09:07:34 PM

Care to make a friendly wager?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 24, 2014, 01:06:19 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 23, 2014, 09:07:34 PM

Care to make a friendly wager?   :lulz:

:lulz:  It wouldn't be good for anyone involved. It's like how a beaver needs to wear down its teeth or they'll pierce its brain, except with other people's brains.

I think that wager would have an extraordinarily high casualty rate. And dental bill.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 24, 2014, 07:32:48 PM

:lulz:  It wouldn't be good for anyone involved. It's like how a beaver needs to wear down its teeth or they'll pierce its brain, except with other people's brains.

I think that wager would have an extraordinarily high casualty rate. And dental bill.

Since when have we allowed public safety to get in the way of a good time?
Molon Lube