News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Rebar wire: Not just for tying shit together anymore

Started by Remington, May 21, 2009, 04:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Threads in Bring and Brag are generally masturbatory horseshit, this one is alright though.

:mittens:

Remington

Expect moar better ones in the near future: I'm making everyone in my family a personalized sculpture for Christmas.
Is it plugged in?

Remington

Alright, this is the first Christmas sculpture. I made this one for my mom, who is an elementary teacher (Grade 3-4).

It includes a painted wooden plaque (the spiral of silver is centred around the teacher's chair) and hand-made props (chair and table were cut from plywood and painted/glued together. I even did a pencil and paper.

The teacher figure is distinguished by her neck-length hair, which was a bit experimental and didn't go perfectly. The child is sized more or less proportionately, although the hands are a bit big.
Is it plugged in?

Sir Squid Diddimus

Remington

Christmas present #2: for my sister this time. She's big into horses, so:

It's the first time I've tried a horse, but it went under the same principles/methods I used to make human figures. I made loops for the mane and tail, then cut them later with wirecutters to form the individual strands of "hair". The horse is proportioned correctly (I used an online guide, and my sister confirmed later on) and also has such details as a mouth, eyes, nostrils, ears, and hooves. The person's hat is glued on with hot glue, and the horse is nailed down (tenuously) with staples.
Is it plugged in?

Captain Utopia

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Triple Zero

Wow Remington, you're getting better and better at this!! Keep it up :mittens:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Holy shit this is awesome stuff, Remmy!  Thanks for the pix!

Remington

For my GF:

As always, one piece of wire.

For my dad, who is a major Ford fan:

The letter and frame were made separately, and one of his co-workers helped me by welding the letters in place.

Roger/Dok Howl has the last piece I did, and unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it. The only solution is to pester him until he posts pics.
Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Remington, PM thatgreengentleman, and my daughter will hound me mercilessly until I remember to do it.
Molon Lube

Remington

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 12, 2010, 07:47:34 PM
Remington, PM thatgreengentleman, and my daughter will hound me mercilessly until I remember to do it.
Done.

I also recommended that she replace your peelz with laxative.
Is it plugged in?

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

bds