News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Rebar wire: Not just for tying shit together anymore

Started by Remington, May 21, 2009, 04:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

So awesome.  Rem I would kill a motherfucker for one of these.  Have you considered selling them?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Remington

Thanks, Dok.

Quote from: EoC on March 07, 2010, 05:15:31 PM
So awesome.  Rem I would kill a motherfucker for one of these.  Have you considered selling them?
I've considered it, yeah. Maybe once the farmer's market starts up in summer.

If you'd like, though, I could make and send some out for minimal price ($10 plus cost of shipping, perhaps?). PM me if you're interested, I'd be willing to do commissions.
Is it plugged in?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Remington on March 07, 2010, 06:07:21 PM
Thanks, Dok.

So awesome.  Rem I would kill a motherfucker for one of these.  Have you considered selling them?

If you'd like, though, I could make and send some out for minimal price ($10 plus cost of shipping, perhaps?). PM me if you're interested, I'd be willing to do commissions.

Sell 'em online.  Charge a bunch.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 07, 2010, 06:26:23 PM
Quote from: Remington on March 07, 2010, 06:07:21 PM
Thanks, Dok.

Sell 'em online.  Charge a bunch.

Yeah, this.  Start up an Etsy account or something.  I greatly appreciate the offer for a commission but really if I can afford what you're asking then you're asking too little.

Not that I wouldn't take that price.   :wink:

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

NotPublished

They are damn awesome!

Ooo would you make one shaped like a love heart?  :oops:
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

fogukaup

damn these are all so much better than the sculpture in my school's art department.  So many people lose their creativity and talent when they get the conceptual rash. 

Jenne

That is such a perfect piece of sculpture for Rog, too!

I'd be interested in commissioning one.  Would you consider doing one of a dude with a guitar?

Remington

Quote from: Jenne on March 09, 2010, 02:22:18 PM
That is such a perfect piece of sculpture for Rog, too!

I'd be interested in commissioning one.  Would you consider doing one of a dude with a guitar?
Sure, I'll get started on Thursday.

Any other details or specifications?

Quote from: NotPublished on March 08, 2010, 10:22:39 AM
They are damn awesome!

Ooo would you make one shaped like a love heart?  :oops:
Thanks!

I'm not quite sure how a heart would work. I could make a 2-d one, but that's almost too simple.
Is it plugged in?

Jenne

Nope!  I will leave it up to you about acoustic vs. electric!   :D  Awesomeness!

Eater of Clowns

Rebar Man

In the woods of Maine there stands an old farmhouse.  It's near a lake and has long been abandoned.

The windows are shattered.

The shingles are shredded.

The paint and wallpaper are peeling from the walls.

Piles of old garbage and broken furnishings litter the interior.  And on the second floor, up a creaky old set of stairs, there once sat a man made of wire on a plain wooden table gouged and worn from the years.

The wire man knew a family once.  He knew the people who placed him on that table and the man who created him.  He knew the fresh strong feeling of the new rebar wire that made him.

Then one day there was a fire.  His family was away and the farmhouse still stood, but they never returned.

The Rebar Man waited for a long time.  A year went by and nobody came.  People began to explore the old farmhouse.  They were kids who were curious and young adults who were bored.  To many of them the Rebar Man went unnoticed.  Some few picked him up, some fewer spoke slow words he did not know, and all set him back on his table when they left.  These were the greatest moments of his existence.

While he waited, and he always waited, he looked down the hallway to the window outside.  He would see snow and rain, he would see the leaves changing colors and the cars passing by.  But his favorite times were when he saw sunlight.

Time moves slowly for the man made of wire.  One day, five years after the fire, a rock was thrown through the window.  It took him two months to be surprised and to know the glass lay broken.  That was the day he decided to reach the sunlight.

He was made to stand, it would seem, but not to walk.  For one month did he step forward, for one second did he fall, and for some time longer did he realize it.  But the window was closer.

Two years it took the Rebar Man to fall from the table and two months to right himself from his back.  But the window was closer.

Again and again he saw the snow and rain, the leaves changing colors and cars passing by.  Again and again he felt when the air went moist, when something began happening to his wire.  He slowly rusted.  But the window was closer.

Patches of orange-brown flakes were about him after three years.  He was halfway to the window.  A small group of people came to the house and searched its rotting shell.  They stomped on decrepit floor boards and gazed upon fire wrecked fixtures.  They took to the stairs and stood before the window.  They stepped on the Rebar Man's right arm and leg, dragging him a little before realizing it.  They left.  His right side was crushed and moved poorly.  And the window was further away.

Five years passed.  He felt the tremors of visitors cautiously looking about before leaving the old house.  Few came near him, none disturbed him.  He was covered in rust.  But the window was closer.

The rust grew thick.  His movements became slower.  From his hand first touching the light cast from the window til his body rested entirely within it four months passed.  He rolled onto his back with some time and gazed up.  The window was there.  But it rained on him.

The next day he felt little.  He was rusted and bent oddly.  He cracked and broke in places.  But the sun shone that day and he basked in its light.

Then the man made of wire knew no more.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Richter

:mittens: to recent work!

Quote from: EoC on March 09, 2010, 07:02:25 PM
Rebar Man

In the woods of Maine there stands an old farmhouse.  It's near a lake and has long been abandoned.

Piles of old garbage and broken furnishings litter the interior.  And on the second floor, up a creaky old set of stairs, there once sat a man made of wire on a plain wooden table gouged and worn from the years.

The wire man knew a family once.  He knew the people who placed him on that table and the man who created him.  He knew the fresh strong feeling of the new rebar wire that made him.

Then one day there was a fire.  His family was away and the farmhouse still stood, but they never returned.

The Rebar Man waited for a long time.  A year went by and nobody came.  People began to explore the old farmhouse.  They were kids who were curious and young adults who were bored.  To many of them the Rebar Man went unnoticed.  Some few picked him up, some fewer spoke slow words he did not know, and all set him back on his table when they left.  These were the greatest moments of his existence.

While he waited, and he always waited, he looked down the hallway to the window outside.  He would see snow and rain, he would see the leaves changing colors and the cars passing by.  But his favorite times were when he saw sunlight.

Time moves slowly for the man made of wire.  One day, five years after the fire, a rock was thrown through the window.  It took him two months to be surprised and to know the glass lay broken.  That was the day he decided to reach the sunlight.

He was made to stand, it would seem, but not to walk.  For one month did he step forward, for one second did he fall, and for some time longer did he realize it.  But the window was closer.

Two years it took the Rebar Man to fall from the table and two months to right himself from his back.  But the window was closer.

Again and again he saw the snow and rain, the leaves changing colors and cars passing by.  Again and again he felt when the air went moist, when something began happening to his wire.  He slowly rusted.  But the window was closer.

Patches of orange-brown flakes were about him after three years.  He was halfway to the window.  A small group of people came to the house and searched its rotting shell.  They stomped on decrepit floor boards and gazed upon fire wrecked fixtures.  They took to the stairs and stood before the window.  They stepped on the Rebar Man's right arm and leg, dragging him a little before realizing it.  They left.  His right side was crushed and moved poorly.  And the window was further away.

Five years passed.  He felt the tremors of visitors cautiously looking about before leaving the old house.  Few came near him, none disturbed him.  He was covered in rust.  But the window was closer.

The rust grew thick.  His movements became slower.  From his hand first touching the light cast from the window til his body rested entirely within it four months passed.  He rolled onto his back with some time and gazed up.  The window was there.  But it rained on him.

The next day he felt little.  He was rusted and bent oddly.  He cracked and broke in places.  But the sun shone that day and he basked in its light.

:mittens: to this too.  Somewhere between Silent Hill imagery wise, and mono no aware.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Remington

Rebar Man

:mittens: to this! I love your writing style!
Is it plugged in?

Jenne

Wow.  Great work, EoC.  Remmy, you were thinking of stop-motion film of the rebarmen, this would be an awesome screenplay.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Rebar Man

That was really beautiful.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

:oops:

I didn't mean to threadjack Rem, I just got this idea based on his work and I was excited about the prospect of a commission.

Jenne, now that you mention it I can see that as a stop motion short.

I can't really take credit for the imagery, I actually went to that farmhouse when I visited Maine in November.  Fire did hit it and the family pretty much abandoned it (we were staying at the cabin nearby of one of the family members).  I just put Rem's wire man in it.  Then again, maybe it was already there, and maybe I stepped on him and didn't notice.

EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.