News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on February 15, 2015, 08:31:15 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 15, 2015, 08:05:34 AM
Quote from: Demolition Squid on February 15, 2015, 07:39:47 AM
People are freaking the fuck out over here because Labour have said - if they get in - they'll start teaching sex ed from age 5.

What they actually mean by that (and I've only heard them explain this once) is that they intend to start teaching kids what healthy relationships look like, what it means to have friends and so on, and not actually start the 'sex' bit until teenage years.

The other parties have roundly mocked this and favor a continuation of the 'let the little sods figure it out from the internet' programme which is currently in effect.

That's constructive. Sounds like America is spreading.
It sounds like you think you are joking. You are not, you speak the truth.
European policy is USA policy a decade late.

:horrormirth: That's terrible.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 15, 2015, 09:20:44 PM
Quote from: Reginald Ret (07/05/1983 - 06/11/2014) on February 15, 2015, 08:31:15 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 15, 2015, 08:05:34 AM
Quote from: Demolition Squid on February 15, 2015, 07:39:47 AM
People are freaking the fuck out over here because Labour have said - if they get in - they'll start teaching sex ed from age 5.

What they actually mean by that (and I've only heard them explain this once) is that they intend to start teaching kids what healthy relationships look like, what it means to have friends and so on, and not actually start the 'sex' bit until teenage years.

The other parties have roundly mocked this and favor a continuation of the 'let the little sods figure it out from the internet' programme which is currently in effect.

That's constructive. Sounds like America is spreading.
It sounds like you think you are joking. You are not, you speak the truth.
European policy is USA policy a decade late.

:horrormirth: That's terrible.

There don't need to be a Con. Just the immutable law of 'monkey see, monkey sure as fuck eventually do if the reward and punitive structure of habitat allow it'.

And at least some of these fools breathing my air really do believe all is permissible. And it is if you have enough permission slips to pay for it.  :|
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Demolition Squid

The first three months or so a large part of my job was mapping out public sector contacts and management structures.

Recently I've been asked to move on to the FTSE 250 and I have to say, there has been an immediate and drastic drop-off in the number of women and non-white individuals in the upper management/board level. I'd guesstimate the split was 40/60 women/men in the public sector... in the private sector it is more like 20/80.

I knew intellectually that this was the case from statistics and figures, but putting in the contact details for major companies and finding perhaps 2 or 3 women in the top jobs still seems weird.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

So, after 8 hours of bullshit training today, I'm now doing a 12 hour overnight shift.

Yes, that's right, I'm working 20 hours out of the last 24.  My line manager and his manager see no problem with this.

It's a good thing for them I'm still in the indentured servitude phase of my contract (3 month probation), else I simply wouldnt be working tonight at all.

And as it is, I'm looking for alternative employment in LOndon.

Ben Shapiro

Fuck the Aztecs, and the Mayans. Seriously fuck those savages. Sick and tired of you white liberal hippies trying to repaint them as noble savages before colonialism. The Aztecs in general were serious about having a good time paying blood tribute to the Corn God. Unlike those sissy Norse Gods Neo-Pagans won't shut the fuck about.
If it was up to me the majority of you privileged fucks would have had your heart fed to me already just because. In fact the only thing that would have killed me would have been either been a snake,jaguar,tainted water, or my brother because I took the big piece of chicken.
So come Easter start praying that I don't reincarnate into my final form. It's been forever since anyone has paid tribute to the Bear God, and I'm fucking pissed. It's ok I'm spraying Autism all over the Texas sky as Divine Wrath.
Good day jackasses good day.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Metal Bear on February 16, 2015, 09:23:37 PM
Fuck the Aztecs, and the Mayans. Seriously fuck those savages. Sick and tired of you white liberal hippies trying to repaint them as noble savages before colonialism. The Aztecs in general were serious about having a good time paying blood tribute to the Corn God. Unlike those sissy Norse Gods Neo-Pagans won't shut the fuck about.
If it was up to me the majority of you privileged fucks would have had your heart fed to me already just because. In fact the only thing that would have killed me would have been either been a snake,jaguar,tainted water, or my brother because I took the big piece of chicken.
So come Easter start praying that I don't reincarnate into my final form. It's been forever since anyone has paid tribute to the Bear God, and I'm fucking pissed. It's ok I'm spraying Autism all over the Texas sky as Divine Wrath.

They were just people, same as any other people. They weren't noble savages, they weren't bloodthirsty monsters, they were just people. So they practiced human sacrifice; so do we, we just do it somewhere far away so you don't have to look at it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sorry, I've just heard a little too much "fuck those bloodthirsty savages" lately and I'm starting to get a little sensitive about it. I know it's cool to be against whatever those other people are for, but maybe we could have a little less genocide-justifying manifest-destiny bullshit in with it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 16, 2015, 09:43:36 PM
Sorry, I've just heard a little too much "fuck those bloodthirsty savages" lately and I'm starting to get a little sensitive about it. I know it's cool to be against whatever those other people are for, but maybe we could have a little less genocide-justifying manifest-destiny bullshit in with it.

For what it's worth, I was only yanking some weirdo's leg.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2015, 09:53:01 PM

Oh I know! No worries there. But there's some sort of meme drifting around Facebook that the natives deserved it, and it's alarming me because I think a fair number of people believe it.

Cain

So, despite having had no sleep, and one less member of staff than any other shift in the past three days, I've discovered a number of discrepancies in the last few days.

Not of anything important though, just the number of actual students present in the building.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2015, 11:03:15 PM
So, despite having had no sleep, and one less member of staff than any other shift in the past three days, I've discovered a number of discrepancies in the last few days.

Not of anything important though, just the number of actual students present in the building.

Ummmm that's alarming?

minuspace

Quote from: Metal Bear on February 16, 2015, 09:23:37 PM
Also somewhat how we all had been feeling yonder on this here left coast for some past three days or so.  I blame the incursion of gnostic deportificated [TM] [C] splinter cells, indeed, I do.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 16, 2015, 10:47:28 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2015, 09:53:01 PM

Oh I know! No worries there. But there's some sort of meme drifting around Facebook that the natives deserved it, and it's alarming me because I think a fair number of people believe it.

Everyone deserves it.  Except US.  THOSE fucking guys, THEY have it COMING.

This is AMERICA.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on February 16, 2015, 11:03:15 PM

So more, or less?

I'm not sure which of those possibilities is more disturbing.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.