News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Well, Damn...Elizabeth Taylor just died

Started by Jenne, March 23, 2011, 06:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

WTF.  This makes me feel so damned old.  The icons are just ditching this world so fast. 

There was never a better "cat on a hot tin roof."  Ever.

hooplala

Ok, I know what we do... Now that we're through with 'Surf the Tsunami', we're through with that for this round anyway... and we don't want to play "End of the World As We Know It" yet, not yet, so I know what we do... how about a little round of 'Mourn the Hollywood Icon'?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Hoopla on March 23, 2011, 06:21:02 PM
Ok, I know what we do... Now that we're through with 'Surf the Tsunami', we're through with that for this round anyway... and we don't want to play "End of the World As We Know It" yet, not yet, so I know what we do... how about a little round of 'Mourn the Hollywood Icon'?

Ummmm  :? :?

Am I missing the humor Hoops?

Jenne

*shrug*  I grew up watching her and Richard Burton duke it out.  Her tirades were an inspiration.  She was everything delicious, back in the day.

And now she's gone.

Forgive me my little bit of page 6-ness.  She really was iconic, historically.  Her passing is like the death knell of so much of Old America.  *shrug, again*

hooplala

Quote from: Khara on March 23, 2011, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on March 23, 2011, 06:21:02 PM

Ummmm  :? :?

Am I missing the humor Hoops?

I guess you neither of you have seen Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Nevermind.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Jenne

A long, long time ago.  I think I was 10.  I should watch it again, though.

National Velvet and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof I'm more familiar with...and Cleopatra, more's the pity.  Oh and the original Father of the Bride and Father's Little Dividend, with Spencer Tracy.

I also need to see Butterfield 8.

hooplala

Quote from: Jenne on March 23, 2011, 07:01:07 PM
A long, long time ago.  I think I was 10.  I should watch it again, though.

National Velvet and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof I'm more familiar with...and Cleopatra, more's the pity.  Oh and the original Father of the Bride and Father's Little Dividend, with Spencer Tracy.

You watched Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf when you were TEN?!  Jesus.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Hoopla on March 23, 2011, 07:02:00 PM
A long, long time ago.  I think I was 10.  I should watch it again, though.

National Velvet and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof I'm more familiar with...and Cleopatra, more's the pity.  Oh and the original Father of the Bride and Father's Little Dividend, with Spencer Tracy.

You watched Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf when you were TEN?!  Jesus.

I'm gonna shut up now....  :oops:

Khara sneaks quietly out of this thread..... ssshhhhh  no I'm not THAT old.....

Jenne

Quote from: Khara on March 23, 2011, 07:06:57 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on March 23, 2011, 07:02:00 PM
A long, long time ago.  I think I was 10.  I should watch it again, though.

National Velvet and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof I'm more familiar with...and Cleopatra, more's the pity.  Oh and the original Father of the Bride and Father's Little Dividend, with Spencer Tracy.

You watched Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf when you were TEN?!  Jesus.

I'm gonna shut up now....  :oops:

Khara sneaks quietly out of this thread..... ssshhhhh  no I'm not THAT old.....

It was the Saturday Family Film Festival--remember the guy, Tom Patton, I think his name was, he used to introduce the Popeye cartoons?  Then after that there was Family Film Festival--where you could catch John Wayne, Katherine Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor.

This was before TNT, TCM, etc.

Dysnomia

:cry:  One of my first horsie movies was National Velvet.  I wanted to be her sooo bad.
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Dysnomia

Somewhere, Fran Dresher is having a stroke. 

Lizzay,
ducks
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

AliceTheProfessional

I'll take 3 creams & sugar in my coffee but if anyone should ask, I take it black. If anyone should ask, you tell them my coffees black.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Shit, dude. I thought that crazy bitch would live forever. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BadBeast

QuoteWell, Damn...Elizabeth Taylor just died

I'm surprised they could tell.  Still, Michael Jackson will be pleased to be reunited with one of his favourite Beards.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4