News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

HALP WANTED.

Started by Salty, April 21, 2013, 11:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

I am looking for anyone who would like to write fiction with me.

Specifically, fantasy/action fiction.

I believe that perhaps part of what keeps me from writing the stories in my head is that writing is lonely work. Working with one of you space might be just the thing to get these damned things down on paper.

Three Things:

Because many people think about many things when they think Fantasy, let me be clear:

1. I enjoy taking commonly held notions about rarely used tropes and mythological figures and messing them up real good. What would unicorns ACTUALLY be like, as in, in a world run by a manevolent deity? What would a person that can actually fly BE like? What would an actually mermaid look like based on reasonable assumptions RE: nature and the laws of physics.

2. NO ALLEGORY. I would like to USE current and recent events, but not make moral judgements. There is no moral. Look, don't look at me.

3. This will be messy. Really messy. No quitting, butthurt, or ego related nonsense. Our egos don't matter. "The story, not he who tells it."

Aside from that I'm open minded. I can easily see an arrangement of Your Idea THEN My Idea, back and forth. I only need one (1) person per story, and I have a bunch of them.

I am not as skilled as I would like to be, especially when it comes to dialogue. I would like to work with someone whose skills compliment my own or is capable of pushing me and being pushed.

Its a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a go.

The first story I'd like to write is about survival, explosions, loss of dignity, isolated and decimated people who fight back for freedom.

Anyway, PM if interested. If you have ideas for your own stories and want to work with someone, I am more than willing, and apologize in advance if I think you're a swell person but this just doesn't work out.

:asshat:

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Thank you for your time, currently this position has been filled.

We encourage you to apply again as we always accept applications.

Have a wonderful day.

Cain

What Alty fails to mention is the position has been filled by a noble dark elf who despairs of the wicked ways of his people and has fled them in order to do good deeds (while dual-wielding swords), a wise old wizard with a pointy hat, a gruff bearded dwarf with a heart of gold, a halfling who appears to be a craven but is truly the bravest of them all, and a young lad whose parents died in a mysterious yet unspecified tragedy 18 years ago, and carries a strangely ornate blade....

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Cain on April 23, 2013, 07:21:43 PM
What Alty fails to mention is the position has been filled by a noble dark elf who despairs of the wicked ways of his people and has fled them in order to do good deeds (while dual-wielding swords), a wise old wizard with a pointy hat, a gruff bearded dwarf with a heart of gold, a halfling who appears to be a craven but is truly the bravest of them all, and a young lad whose parents died in a mysterious yet unspecified tragedy 18 years ago, and carries a strangely ornate blade....

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm down, once LOBB is finished.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

I'd be down too, hadn't the position been filled
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

I'm just wondering what kind of filling is going on.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Alty will be doing other stories later. He said he had lots he wanted to work on. You guys will have other chances, maybe.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Salty

Oh wow, you know thanks all. It's pretty flattering, I didn't think anyone would want to.

If I can at least one or two of the stories out of my head for good I can guarantee there'll be more. My brain does not quit with that shit.

And it will be cool to work with different people over a space of time. I should have thought to do this sooner. No time like NAO!

Q. G. Pennyworth

I'd like to throw my hat in for future dialogue helps.