News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I realllly want my psychopharmacology grade to post, it's an easier class but there's much less wiggle room. I need to know how I did. I'm not worried about it, I want want to KNOW because I got the tyrosine pathway and the tryptophan pathway mixed up at one point.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

FACT about most people in skeptic groups; they don't want to have skeptical conversations that question ideas, they just want to make themselves feel superior by shit posting about people they think are stupider than they are.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 18, 2015, 12:28:08 AM
I went to the post office and the store (I now have almost everything I need for my trip, except for a duffel bag and a stupid hat) and when I came home, grades were posted. It bumps me up from a borderline A to a solid A, so that tells me that my current level of studying is perfect.

Now I will change the cat boxes, make dinner, and drink a beer while logging grades while dinner cooks.

I AM DOING IT YOU GUYS.

:cheers:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 18, 2015, 12:32:32 AM
FACT about most people in skeptic groups; they don't want to have skeptical conversations that question ideas, they just want to make themselves feel superior by shit posting about people they think are stupider than they are.

I get a sense of that, at least with those who seem to want to disprove Christianity, and it's embarrassing when they say shit like Dionysus was called King of Kings when Zeus was still knocking about, or that Horus performed miracles, just like Jesus did (seriously, show me a god that doesn't have weird superpowers). Making shit up weakens your position and credibility. Especially if the source of your memes is a YouTube Truther documentary.

Nephew Twiddleton

Or that Isis was a virgin, when she clearly was a necrophiliac.

minuspace

So it seems they might be working an intern too hard.  I figure management must have concluded  his youth would permit him pull an all-nighter, or two?  Not really.  He just now repeatedly confused a series of teleconference calls for "voices in his head".  Like he admitted it, during the meeting, twice:lulz:

The audacity of kids these days, to even consider betraying such a lack [of] recognisance.  Granted, perhaps the incorporeal floating heads above the board table were partially to blame, however this should be no excuse to indulge a dangerous break in corporate circumspection and/or vigilance, I think.  My guess is that he'll immediatly get the death sentence and serve the remainder of his foreshortened life on draconian furlough, pending the effort and gratitude he expresses during his tenure as a competent and obedient little slave.

I think I'll float that to the marketing team as an idea for their next campaign.  I clearly have no business wasting my talents in HR.  Restocking canon fodder is simply not for me.  I mean, at work, I think everyone sees me eventually running the company.  And I can always fall back on National Geographic, marine biology, and corrupting the Peace Core.  Lastly, it just occurred to me how my favorite color has always been blue, so, like, maybe everyone at work should respect that and kindly choose another color, because I saw it first.  (coincidentally, the intern had worn blue for two days, consecutively)

LMNO

I went to the post office and the store (I now have almost everything I need for my trip, except for a duffel bag and a stupid hat) and when I came home, grades were posted. It bumps me up from a borderline A to a solid A, so that tells me that my current level of studying is perfect.

Now I will change the cat boxes, make dinner, and drink a beer while logging grades while dinner cooks.

I AM DOING IT YOU GUYS.

KICK ASS.

Doktor Howl

I AM DOING IT YOU GUYS.

:banana:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 18, 2015, 02:41:23 AM
I gotta go to Phoenix again.  :crankey:

That's just cruel. Something must be amiss, and the gods are clearly displeased with us. I know this to be true because one of my toenails just came off.

We must prepare more sacrifices. This cargo cult of ours has been slacking off.

Cain

Work is rapidly approaching levels of farce.

After that 20 hour shift, my line manager brought myself and my supervisor up...because we didn't leave a note about his sodding change getting stuck in the malfunctioning washing machine in the handover notes.

So, we'd literally been up for a full day, doing an illegal amount of work, found and corrected numerous errors made by other members of staff...and all he can do is criticize us for something which is so soddingly trivial I almost told him there and then I'd give him the £2 if he'd STFU.

In other news, the work computer suffered a hard drive failure and died.  I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing tonight about how that is my fault.

Reginald Ret

I AM DOING IT YOU GUYS.
Nice!

Quote from: Cain on February 18, 2015, 06:33:00 AM
Work is rapidly approaching levels of farce.

After that 20 hour shift, my line manager brought myself and my supervisor up...because we didn't leave a note about his sodding change getting stuck in the malfunctioning washing machine in the handover notes.

So, we'd literally been up for a full day, doing an illegal amount of work, found and corrected numerous errors made by other members of staff...and all he can do is criticize us for something which is so soddingly trivial I almost told him there and then I'd give him the £2 if he'd STFU.

In other news, the work computer suffered a hard drive failure and died.  I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing tonight about how that is my fault.
Because of quantums.

On a related note: don't watch Interstellar expecting scifi, it has severe quantums poisoning.
Also, apparently you can survive passing the event horizon of a black hole  :crankey:
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I really hope you write am excoriating memoir about working in boarding schools someday, Cain.

Doktor Howl

So, over the last few days, I have been troubleshooting a machine that is working as intended.

In short, a certain feedstock won't mill properly in the small jet mill.  We have taken it apart 3 times, and nothing is wrong.  I checked the compressors, and they are going balls out.  No issues.

They tried the feed in the big jet mill, and it didn't work there, either.  One might assume the feed stock is bad.

But no.

I spent the day at the doctor's today, being poked, prodded, exsanguinated, etc, and when I got out of the torture chamber, I call to check in.  New Filthy Assistant1 tells me that they called a contractor in to check the compressors (because physics isn't a thing, and I am not to be trusted), who said everything is fine, and that they now want to take the compressor on the big mill apart to check it (it has been working fine for every other product).  AND we're going to take BOTH mills apart tomorrow.  It seems that Jim and Lilly are desperate to run this product, and reality isn't going to get in the way.  Note that when taking the mills apart, there is a greater than zero chance of shattering the ceramic, which costs $35,000 and 4 days of downtime.

I can't decide if I'm enraged or amused.  I will be wounding peoples' inner children in the conference room tomorrow.

1  Old Filthy Assistant has indeed had a stroke, and is waiting for the corporate medical board to retire him.  I don't expect I'll see him again.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Long day at work and taking my downtime really serious for today but....

Huzzah Nigel! Remember: specialization is for insects, the Super PrimateTM does it all, cuz it can. :)

I AM DOING IT YOU GUYS.
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 18, 2015, 12:31:08 AM
I realllly want my psychopharmacology grade to post, it's an easier class but there's much less wiggle room. I need to know how I did. I'm not worried about it, I want want to KNOW because I got the tyrosine pathway and the tryptophan pathway mixed up at one point.

On one hand Twid I must ask if you've actually watched Zeitgeist or it's addendums because IIRC they go after Jesus right away in the movie. On the other, not all that necessary to watch unless you want questions you can't answer about that terrible day. I most strongly suspect shenanigans that did not get a public looking into, but feel the 'inside job' crew are lost in a political and psychological sink hole because many think 'the shadow government' did it and, thinking things totally corrupt, choose to bitch instead of get into government (and with a better education than youtube) and try to effect changes.

The Jesus smear job was clearly done by someone who had cherry picked just like some the church does to avoid having to REALLY accept the weirdness of the events and beliefs of the day. The Christ image that the Catholic Church came up with DOES have some analog to various paganisms. This was inevitable as they adopted a policy of covering old rites and seasons with brand new Roman J-pop.

This is not remotely disproof of the gospel nor any actual theological assertion. The shit in the bible wasn't compiled until Nicea. Hang on.... 325AD.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

that's a lot of time for things to get fuzzy! I've read some stuff that hit the editing room floor. Several bits indicate a very different 'Annointed One' than has been portrayed and much is only recently available to read because why?....... that's right, Science. Science with the communication technology the ancient world could never even dream of.

Hail Apocryphal Science Jesus! 2000 years and still the King of crazy shit.

Quote from: Legate Gene O'Mick, PhD on February 18, 2015, 12:40:02 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on February 18, 2015, 12:32:32 AM

I get a sense of that, at least with those who seem to want to disprove Christianity, and it's embarrassing when they say shit like Dionysus was called King of Kings when Zeus was still knocking about, or that Horus performed miracles, just like Jesus did (seriously, show me a god that doesn't have weird superpowers). Making shit up weakens your position and credibility. Especially if the source of your memes is a YouTube Truther documentary.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl