News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

BIP: Moving words.

Started by Pæs, November 15, 2013, 11:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

I'm experimenting with mashing some of our material together with various web libraries as an excuse to learn how to use them better.

This is my first pass at a slideshowesque thing using the impress.js library. Will get fancier next time around and am already thinking how it might be interestingly applied to a choose your own adventure game.

[development page taken offline]

Press spacebar or use arrow keys to navigate.

Faust

That's really cool.

One thing is that it's going a bit odd with character encoding

' becomes ’
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pæs

Quote from: Faust on November 15, 2013, 11:52:11 AM
That's really cool.

One thing is that it's going a bit odd with character encoding

' becomes ’
Cheers, am going through now and addressing those.

Pæs

Next I'm going to experiment with scale and zooming in to see that the next sentence is written along the line of a letter in the previous one, or inside an O, then I'll start adding proper page elements into the mix.

Cuddlefish

A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Q. G. Pennyworth

I like it!

Will you be considering font options for a later version?

Pæs

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 15, 2013, 01:23:08 PM
I like it!

Will you be considering font options for a later version?
Yeah, definitely. I didn't add any styling for this one, except the odd white background to hide the background layers. Later versions will have a bunch of different things going on.

Pæs

One of LMNO's "Who are we?" cut off early while I play with some other stuff.
[development page taken offline]

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Q. G. Pennyworth

The lines do an unfortunate fuzzy thing on that one.

Pæs

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 16, 2013, 04:07:42 AM
The lines do an unfortunate fuzzy thing on that one.
Yeah, I think what I learned from that one is that I need to zoom right through previous slides instead of leaving them in the scene.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on November 15, 2013, 11:48:07 AM
I'm experimenting with mashing some of our material together with various web libraries as an excuse to learn how to use them better.

This is my first pass at a slideshowesque thing using the impress.js library. Will get fancier next time around and am already thinking how it might be interestingly applied to a choose your own adventure game.

That's totally awesome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Dildo Argentino

Yes. It is in fact superb. I look forward to the choose your own adventure (and, possibly, write your own adventure?) development. Have you seen the "draw with text" thing? Maybe variable-size text along possibly curvy lines would add to your thing? Maybe it wouldn't, I'm just wondering. It's pretty cool as is.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis