News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

I can't summon the energy to care about Ukraine..

Started by Cain, December 18, 2013, 01:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popeurmom

Quote from: Faust on March 04, 2014, 03:54:03 PM
Quote from: popeurmom on March 04, 2014, 03:17:16 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 04, 2014, 03:12:03 PM
So....you have no proof to back up your claim that I said, that negotiations for a pipeline equalled acceptance of an invasion?

Come now, an invasion, preparations for an invasion by spec ops forces, wanna split hairs here, really?

She didn't approve of them moving spec ops in and fomenting unrest for a future invasion.
So you were claiming she was a hypocrite for wanting a pipeline, and then deciding she didn't like Russia.
Well, now we're ~3 months out from your comment, and not only were her negative feelings toward Russia correct but they have invaded and occupied a decent swath of her country. She was right, you were wrong, get over it dude.

No troops were deployed until the government was overthrown by the new group that russia does not recognise and most of those troops were withdrawn today.

Oooh so if the Mexican government is overthrown by a group that the US does not recognize we should invade. Right!

Faust

If you had a military base in mexico and the mexican government is overthrown, you increase the amount of troops deployed there until you can can discuss your standing with the provisional government to find out if your troops are welcome there or not. Which is exactly what happened.

Which is EXACTLY what your government has done historically. 

The other option is to withdraw the troops and give up military standing in that country. Which is what Russia should do. Which is what you should do and should have done.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: popeurmom on March 04, 2014, 02:44:01 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 04, 2014, 02:41:46 PM
Shame you can't type comprehensibly.

Sucks that you continuously resort to ad hominem.

:ohboy:

I have often found that the best way to display my superior e-penis (and thus increase my chances of e-mating) is to find a very respected member of a board I have just joined, and pick a fight with him...Much in the manner that timber wolves will employ.

This doesn't WORK, of course, because even if you were Albert Einstein with a PhD in reddit, the simple fact remains that people will not listen to you when you do that, even if you're RIGHT (doubtful), because they LIKE the established member and they don't know you from Martin Bormann.

Is that "fair"?  Of course not.  Allow me to welcome you to all of human history.

That is all.  Carry on.

:popcorn:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Faust, Cain, I am very busy today.  Please do not run off the whacko before I have a chance to settle in properly for a little noob-huffing.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Never mind.  He's a facebook discordian.

Doesn't meet the standard.

The Good Reverend Roger

This guy posts like AKK.

Someone let me know when he's done running his gob.  I have shit to get done.

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2014, 04:25:02 PM

I initially thought that too.  But he doesn't know Nigel isn't a guy, which suggests free range tard.

And yes, his noise/signal ratio is pretty high.  Fortunately, I'm not doing much today, just a little background research for a project, so I have time to waste.

popeurmom

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2014, 04:25:02 PM

Hm. Perhaps in reply to my level of caring about your "standard" I should quote your avatar. :)

Let's not even get into "Facebook Discordiantm" and "free range tardtm".

popeurmom

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2014, 04:19:18 PM
Quote from: popeurmom on March 04, 2014, 02:44:01 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 04, 2014, 02:41:46 PM
Shame you can't type comprehensibly.

Sucks that you continuously resort to ad hominem.

:ohboy:

I have often found that the best way to display my superior e-penis (and thus increase my chances of e-mating) is to find a very respected member of a board I have just joined, and pick a fight with him...Much in the manner that timber wolves will employ.

This doesn't WORK, of course, because even if you were Albert Einstein with a PhD in reddit, the simple fact remains that people will not listen to you when you do that, even if you're RIGHT (doubtful), because they LIKE the established member and they don't know you from Martin Bormann.

Is that "fair"?  Of course not.  Allow me to welcome you to all of human history.

That is all.  Carry on.

:popcorn:

Yeah, this wasn't my intent at all. I only saw some bullshit and said "WTF?!"

Further, I don't care how popular you are, if you're bullshitting, you're bullshitting.

"It doesn't matter how many followers you have: Hitler had millions, Jesus only had 12."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: popeurmom on March 04, 2014, 05:06:10 PM
Further, I don't care how popular you are,

And, as expected, the point was completely missed.

Hey, Sparky:  Next time, try responding to what I SAID, not what you WISH I'd said.  Unless the difference between the two is a little much for you to handle.  If it is, please save us a lot of time and grief and say so now.

Cain

But missing the point and arguing one that he made up in his head is his entire schtick.  Are we so cruel as to deny a man his life's calling?

Actually, yeah, we are.  Nevermind,

Cain

I'd also like to take this moment to remind everyone that the valiant anti-Russian Yulia Tymoshenko overrode the Ukrainian Cabinet in agreeing to a gas deal with Russia in 2009.  And that the Russian Foreign Ministry repeatedly raised concerns about her jailing and conditions.  And that she's from a Russian family, in a Russian speaking province in Ukraine.

But no, she's really against Russia.  A politician wouldn't lie for simple political expediency, would they?  Certainly not a former oligarch who made a fortune off Russian gas.  Clearly she was jailed for her anti-Russian views, not because she was about to reprise her role as the "Gas Princess" of Kyiv and didn't want to cut the right people in on the deal.