News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Common Walls Debate

Started by Cramulus, February 21, 2012, 03:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, and see, Freeky?  You're a woman, so he won't respond to you.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2012, 06:36:30 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 22, 2012, 06:33:51 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2012, 06:28:09 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 22, 2012, 06:23:33 PM

I notice that you ignored my even tempered post

Well, you're legally female.  Net doesn't think there's any need for a single standard.

Perhaps, but I'm still willing to see what he has to say to that.  I'm a big fan of letting people make themselves look like assholes, you know?  :lulz:

Also, I think he's riling up you and Nigel on purpose.  He doesn't seem to like either of you very much, and seriously, you guys are pretty easy to get angry.  All oone has to do is ignore the facts, and it's all "Oh look, there they go again!"

Angry?  I always enjoy it when Net thinks he can join up in a dogpile of myself or Nigel.  He won't do it any other time, of course.

Angry in general?  Yeah, you're right.  I should work on that.

Best way to do that is to walk away.

Probably so.  Let them think they've won, but you're the real winner in that you don't have a day in which you court a cardiac event.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

I noticed.  :lulz: 

Is it true, Net?  Is it because I'm a chick?  I'm gonna believe it if I keep hearing from Roger but not anything from you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 22, 2012, 06:41:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2012, 06:36:30 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 22, 2012, 06:33:51 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2012, 06:28:09 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 22, 2012, 06:23:33 PM

I notice that you ignored my even tempered post

Well, you're legally female.  Net doesn't think there's any need for a single standard.

Perhaps, but I'm still willing to see what he has to say to that.  I'm a big fan of letting people make themselves look like assholes, you know?  :lulz:

Also, I think he's riling up you and Nigel on purpose.  He doesn't seem to like either of you very much, and seriously, you guys are pretty easy to get angry.  All oone has to do is ignore the facts, and it's all "Oh look, there they go again!"

Angry?  I always enjoy it when Net thinks he can join up in a dogpile of myself or Nigel.  He won't do it any other time, of course.

Angry in general?  Yeah, you're right.  I should work on that.

Best way to do that is to walk away.

Probably so.  Let them think they've won, but you're the real winner in that you don't have a day in which you court a cardiac event.

More than that:  The current board ethic seems to be "If you post content, you are ceding control of it".

I am adjusting my posts accordingly.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

I think Net is the only one who's said that.  The others were defending the idea of someone taking control as editor, I think.  The idea, mind you.  The circumstances are a bit stickier than that.*

*my interpretation.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 22, 2012, 05:31:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2012, 05:26:21 PM
Well, I suppose "hijacking a project" is "helping out", if you're one of the cook kids.

No, fuck that.

Yeah, real even tempered, Freeky.

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 22, 2012, 06:43:03 PM

Is it true, Net?  Is it because I'm a chick?  I'm gonna believe it if I keep hearing from Roger but not anything from you.

Enough said. I have real life business to attend to, rather than defend myself from the buckets of libel Roger likes to splash around in whenever he can't cop to a mistake.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 22, 2012, 06:47:29 PM
I think Net is the only one who's said that.  The others were defending the idea of someone taking control as editor, I think. 

I fail to see any difference, to be honest.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on February 22, 2012, 06:47:45 PM
Well, I suppose "hijacking a project" is "helping out", if you're one of the cook kids.

No, fuck that.

Enough said. I have real life business to attend to, rather than defend myself from the buckets of libel Roger likes to splash around in whenever he can't cop to a mistake.

Short answer:  Yes, yes I am a misogynist prick who also believes, by the way, that women with multiple partners are "sluts", and men with multiple partners are bragworthy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Freeky, you will also notice that he never actually responded to your original post.

:lulz:

Freeky

Quote from: Net on February 22, 2012, 06:47:45 PM

No, fuck that.

I was being emphatic.  Come on, guy, let's not twist shit around.

I want you to defend yourself, your own posts, though.  I don't really care if it is because I'm a chick that you're ignoring me, I want to know better your position on things.  It's called COM MUN I CA TION. 

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2012, 06:51:41 PM
Freeky, you will also notice that he never actually responded to your original post.

:lulz:

Yeah, I noticed that, too.

AFK

I think Net is the only one who's said that.  The others were defending the idea of someone taking control as editor, I think.  The idea, mind you.  The circumstances are a bit stickier than that.*

*my interpretation.

I only jumped in because I think Cram is getting a raw deal.  I think the guy just wanted to jump in and help, my reading of his posts was talking about getting a layout together that would be open-ended so new things could be incorporated.  I didn't read anything anywhere that implied he was going to take the whole thing over and do it all himself. 

The easy thing would've been to say, "No thanks Cram, we got it.", instead of "No Cram, you can't come in and take it over."  And then proceed to paint Cram as a thief which is what a few posts in this thread have done. 

Dude deserves more benefit of the doubt than that. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on February 22, 2012, 06:54:19 PM
I only jumped in because I think Cram is getting a raw deal.  I think the guy just wanted to jump in and help,

Cram didn't respect LMNO enough to let LMNO edit his own project.

That's about the best spin that can be put on this.  And that's what it all comes down to, isn't it?  Respect, or the lack thereof.  Posting Cram's poem to 23AE without permission, then acting like Cram was out of line for mentioning it, is another good example.

Freeky

Quote from: What's-His-Name? on February 22, 2012, 06:54:19 PM

*my interpretation.

I only jumped in because I think Cram is getting a raw deal.  I think the guy just wanted to jump in and help, my reading of his posts was talking about getting a layout together that would be open-ended so new things could be incorporated.  I didn't read anything anywhere that implied he was going to take the whole thing over and do it all himself. 

The easy thing would've been to say, "No thanks Cram, we got it.", instead of "No Cram, you can't come in and take it over."  And then proceed to paint Cram as a thief which is what a few posts in this thread have done. 

Dude deserves more benefit of the doubt than that.

Yes, but think on these:

How many people are arguing or have argued in this thread, total? 

How many people actually argued that Cram was outright trying to take control, in a blatant fashion, with no nod to maybe it was just a misunderstanding? 

How many people are on one side of this debate, and how many are on the other side?  Who are the people on each side? 

What were the things said earlier, what is being said now, and how did it get from point A to point B?

The Good Reverend Roger

Okay, I've said this once already, and I'm only going to say it once more.

For me, the argument is over.  It is clear to me that author/editorship or control of resulting material is not respected at this time at PD, in general or in particular.  It is also clear to me that the prevailing belief is that if you post it, you are giving permission for people co-opt it. 

I'm not going to fight this anymore.  Period.  I would, however, advise authors/editors to be thoughtful before posting your work here, as it may no longer be de facto yours (for example, some shitneck might put some clip art on it, and then claim it belongs to him.  This has happened.).

That being the case, I'll be posting any of my own work to hard drive while deciding what to do with it.

Exceptions: 

The work in Common Walls stays.  No more will be added.

Nigel, I will email you the rest of "Little Orange Breaks Bad" as I complete it.

There.  Now you guys can have the board exactly the way you want it.  I don't want to hear any crying about it, though.  If it's a stolen content issue, please refer it directly to Cain or ECH.