News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

This is Why People Hate Atheists

Started by hooplala, August 12, 2014, 12:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Raz Tech on August 21, 2014, 01:16:15 PM
I think it's because he's a thick-skulled, shit-talking swill who has taken it as his life-long mission to deride the church and any creationists into oblivion, which is in tune with the everyday super-outspoken atheist who will do anything, so long as they can make a name for themselves as a renowned atheist, no matter how many friends they lose or people they leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so they can make a name for themselves as a renowned atheist, no matter how many friends they lose or people they leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way.

:lol:
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Dawkins believes that his beliefs and morality are Truth, and that anyone who does not subscribe to them is wrong and needs to be converted or eliminated.

Dawkins, in short, subscribes to the kind of faith that leads to fascism, totalitarian control, and genocides.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Relevant. This lecturer says that offending religious folks is "scary." Especially when they're teenagers at an Oxford summer school, and you have people from, AROUND THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD. She even referred to herself as a "vociferous Atheist" and then pretty much insults these kids by saying they have a closed mind and can't take jokes.

https://richarddawkins.net/2014/08/a-hundred-walked-out-of-my-lecture/
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

Quote from: The Suu on August 22, 2014, 01:53:04 PM
Relevant. This lecturer says that offending religious folks is "scary." Especially when they're teenagers at an Oxford summer school, and you have people from, AROUND THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD. She even referred to herself as a "vociferous Atheist" and then pretty much insults these kids by saying they have a closed mind and can't take jokes.

For someone conducting a lecture on memes, she sure did spend an inordinate amount of time ridiculing religions.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Suu

QuoteBy the time I moved on to showing Internet memes and viral videos more than half the audience was gone.

that's because you failed at the point of your lecture, idiot.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

This is what happens when you spend most of your time in an Echo Chamber.

I'm sure she fully believed her lecture would be well-received, and the audience would find her wise and clever.  If she was lecturing a crowd of Dawkinites, they probably would have.  But she clearly has no idea how to speak to anyone outside her peer group.

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 22, 2014, 03:01:07 PM

I'm sure she fully believed her lecture would be well-received, and the audience would find her wise and clever.  If she was lecturing a crowd of Dawkinites, they probably would have.  But she clearly has no idea how to speak to anyone outside her peer group.

The comments section on that article largely agree with the bolded.  I registered (under my own name, no less) just to disagree with the point of the article, but I'm probably better off shouting at clouds.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Suu

Quote from: Hoopla on August 22, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

The comments section on that article largely agree with the bolded.  I registered (under my own name, no less) just to disagree with the point of the article, but I'm probably better off shouting at clouds.

I peeked at the comments, and decided to not waste precious calories on typing.

hooplala

Quote from: The Suu on August 22, 2014, 03:14:13 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on August 22, 2014, 03:05:28 PM

I peeked at the comments, and decided to not waste precious calories on typing.

I can use the exercise.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on August 22, 2014, 01:53:04 PM

It's remarkable that the idea that she was simply not delivering a good lecture didn't even occur to her. It's also somewhat remarkable that she was misusing the word meme in the way that has become endemic on Facebook, but more or less already abandoned by young people.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

'You are offending us. We will not listen,'

riiiiight. They totally said that. That sounds like a thing teenagers would say.

Oh wait.