News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Vote for Bush?

Started by MescalineBanana, July 30, 2004, 06:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

namu

That's what THEY said. And that voting makes you free, too.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

The Commander

Well, call me delusional....

but while I understand that what come out of any politicians mouth is in all probability horseshit...I like the horseshit comming from the Democrats far more than that comming from the Republicans.

Plus, I've done a little reading about Kerry, and the new guy on the scene, Barack Obama, and I like what I read.  Don't ask for paticulars, or for me to explain myself, cause I am notoriously terrible at explaining myself when it comes to such matters.

I didn't like Gore or Lieberman...or Bush and Cheney...so I became a Green last time, in hopes that Nader would be a stand up guy and stick with the Greens even if they lost.  Well, they let me down, and Dean and the progressive Democrats caught my eye.  I didn't like Kerry at first, but now that I know more about him, I like him.  Hell, I even think he has the potential to be a GREAT president.

Like I said, call me delusional. or optimistic....or both.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

Wishfarple

Don't feel bad, Commander.  It's always been en vogue to shit on everyone's parade, and god forbid anyone actually express any kind of hope or optimism!

I agree, btw.  Barack Obama, especially, has a promising future.  There's a transcript of his DNC 2004 speech here, along with a short commentary on it.
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

Efrim

Quote from: The CommanderWell, call me delusional....

but while I understand that what come out of any politicians mouth is in all probability horseshit...I like the horseshit comming from the Democrats far more than that comming from the Republicans.

Plus, I've done a little reading about Kerry, and the new guy on the scene, Barack Obama, and I like what I read.  Don't ask for paticulars, or for me to explain myself, cause I am notoriously terrible at explaining myself when it comes to such matters.

I didn't like Gore or Lieberman...or Bush and Cheney...so I became a Green last time, in hopes that Nader would be a stand up guy and stick with the Greens even if they lost.  Well, they let me down, and Dean and the progressive Democrats caught my eye.  I didn't like Kerry at first, but now that I know more about him, I like him.  Hell, I even think he has the potential to be a GREAT president.

Like I said, call me delusional. or optimistic....or both.

The Commander
DIA

You're suffering from Golden Boy syndrome.

As Public Enemy Said:
"Don't - Don't - Don't Believe the Hype!"
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

DJRubberducky

I had really liked Dean.  Everyone says that scream killed him, but I think it was everyone's excuse to be uncomfortable with him when what really bothered them was his newfangled attitude.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

gnimbley

Kerry said one thing I liked, "the United States of America never goes to
war because we want to, we only go to war because we have to."

When Clinton was bombing country after country, I realized that I never
want a President who has not been in combat. It's too easy for these
unbloodied guys to send other people off to die for some political
advantage.

That doesn't mean Kerry will be any good. And that doesn't mean that
the Democrats aren't going to screw people over. It just means that
when the guy (and maybe in 4/8 years, the gal) who gets to decide if
massive numbers of people are going to die for US foreign policy,
somewhere in the process the memory of hell will come to mind
and cause him/her to pause and say, "Is this really necessary?"

Sometimes that's all you can hope for against the machine. A pause
and a reflection.

(BTW Dean got his "attitude" from Eugene McCarthy.)

Wishfarple

Quote from: DJRubberduckyI had really liked Dean.  Everyone says that scream killed him, but I think it was everyone's excuse to be uncomfortable with him when what really bothered them was his newfangled attitude.

Don't know if you've read Joe Trippi's new book, The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, but Alternet printed an excerpt from it a few weeks ago that I loved.  It's available yonder (I think that's correct usage of "yonder", C&C.  Correct me if I'm wrong :))
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: gnimbleyKerry said one thing I liked, "the United States of America never goes to
war because we want to, we only go to war because we have to."

When Clinton was bombing country after country, I realized that I never
want a President who has not been in combat. It's too easy for these
unbloodied guys to send other people off to die for some political
advantage.

That doesn't mean Kerry will be any good. And that doesn't mean that
the Democrats aren't going to screw people over. It just means that
when the guy (and maybe in 4/8 years, the gal) who gets to decide if
massive numbers of people are going to die for US foreign policy,
somewhere in the process the memory of hell will come to mind
and cause him/her to pause and say, "Is this really necessary?"

Sometimes that's all you can hope for against the machine. A pause
and a reflection.

(BTW Dean got his "attitude" from Eugene McCarthy.)
thinks of the different military men that have seen combat and still send others to die for their own political advantage... sure guy.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Horab Fibslager

the question is not wether kerry will escalate the war or not, but rather a matter of how much he will escalate it.

give war a chance.
Hell is other people.

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: MescalineBananaSo which poison would you rather take?  The one which prolongs your suffering, or the one which ends it all with one final gasp?
I would certainly choose the latter.

The end is ineluctable.  It is up to us how it comes about.

One gives you time to make changes.  The other is leading us towards a new dark age.

You decide.

Well encouraging large corporations to come back onshore whilst getting them to inject money into the economy would help... but if Kerry tries it, the southwest will cap him like they did kennedy, they're probably already afraid he's going to downsize the military and spending, why do you think they're comparing the two? Kerry's interests are in the Industrial States right?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferisThinks of the different military men that have seen combat and still send others to die for their own political advantage... sure guy.

Can you name one (in America)?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

MescalineBanana

Omnia quia sunt, lumina sunt.

Anonymous

Quote from: MescalineBananaColin Powell.
I think he was supposedly less
eager to invade Iraq than the
others, but may be misremembering.

Wasn't Bush the First in the Pacific
theatre during WWII?

The Grammar Nazi

"Colin Powell."

That is, for your information, a sentence fragment.  At least you had the courtesy to capitalize the name of that monkey fucker.

Zurtok Khan

Colin Powell was the least eager to invade Iraq, actually.  As I remember Bush made a statement to the effect that Mr. Powell and he disagree very much on the subject.

I will probably vote for a president this year, but it won't matter.  I live in Utah, and in Utah it doesn't matter if the presidental candidate is Hitler, he gets the 4 electorals if he's republican!

Damn stupid system we have in America, damn damn damn damn stupid.  Yes, I should've put comma's there.

Now Alanis Morissette, theres a babe I would vote for without batting an eyelash...of course she's Canadian, and she's not 35 yet, so I geuss its a moot point.  Maybe I should start the Canadian Campaign for Alanis Morissette to become Prime Minister.  We need more famous rock/pop stars in major elected offices, that way its more like highschool where the girl who could sing was always class president, or was it that the girl who laid the most football players was always class president?  Ahh, who remembers anyway?
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain