News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Started by Freeky, March 11, 2012, 04:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on May 30, 2012, 06:21:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 30, 2012, 06:16:21 PM
People are over-analyzing this shit.

Zimmerman created and then escalated - against police advice - a dangerous and unnecessary situation with reckless disregard for life.  A life was lost.

It's a murder.

That's how I see it. I just hope that fact isn't obfuscated by the creation of "reasonable doubt" with regards to provocation.

If the prosecutor has a hair on his ass, that won't happen.

The real worry here is getting a jury that hasn't already made up its mind one way or the other.  I am currently of the opinion that it's an open & shut murder case, but if I was on the jury, I'd listen to what was said...If some outrageous and unknown information was released, I could conceivably change my mind.

But the stand your ground shit?  Balls.  Doesn't count if you CHASE someone.

And if it didn't work for Marissa Alexander, it shouldn't work for George Zimmerman.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Epimetheus

A self-defense story - or ANY story explaining the moment of violence - doesn't justify anything, for the very reason that he was following Martin - against protocol, as stated.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 30, 2012, 06:26:59 PM
But the stand your ground shit?  Balls.  Doesn't count if you CHASE someone.

damn, beat me to it. posting anyway.  :p
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Phox

Zimmerman created and then escalated - against police advice - a dangerous and unnecessary situation with reckless disregard for life.  A life was lost.

It's a murder.
Bing bang boom. I don't know how people find this confusing in the least.

Luna

It's a murder.

True enough.

I've just been exposed to a number of fucking morons who are trying to justify what happened as some sort of twisted self defense case to let Zimmerman go.  It's made me a bit itchy on the points of the case.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Luna on May 30, 2012, 09:36:26 PM

It's a murder.

True enough.

I've just been exposed to a number of fucking morons who are trying to justify what happened as some sort of twisted self defense case to let Zimmerman go.  It's made me a bit itchy on the points of the case.

Said morons are probably rooting against Black folks. They don't get the difference between race and team sports.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 30, 2012, 09:43:57 PM

It's a murder.

True enough.

Said morons are probably rooting against Black folks. They don't get the difference between race and team sports.

And/Or they are gun nuts having a knee-jerk OH FUCK THEY'RE GONNA USE THIS TO TAKE MY GUNZ reaction.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Luna on May 30, 2012, 09:47:07 PM

It's a murder.

True enough.

And/Or they are gun nuts having a knee-jerk OH FUCK THEY'RE GONNA USE THIS TO TAKE MY GUNZ reaction.

HOW CAN WE HAVE AMERICA (tm) WITHOUT ARMED MORONS?

Luna

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 30, 2012, 09:51:14 PM

It's a murder.

True enough.

Is it wrong that I'm in a mood to round up every moron I can find and have them branded so they can be identified easily?

Elder Iptuous

It's a murder.

True enough.

Well, as a gun nut, i can say that stories like this make me cringe... so i can empathise.
but if you're willing to throw an innocent under the bus to preserve your 'right' then you don't really deserve it now, do you?

Anna Mae Bollocks

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on May 30, 2012, 09:54:48 PM

It's a murder.

True enough.

Is it wrong that I'm in a mood to round up every moron I can find and have them branded so they can be identified easily?

Just make them sew a big yellow star of David "I" to their shirts.  :)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Roger come on man, this isn't the 20th century anymore, you can't just make people sew patches to their shirts ...

You advertise and sell them the patches.

WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE STOCKHOLDERS?!!!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 01, 2012, 07:15:23 PM
Roger come on man, this isn't the 20th century anymore, you can't just make people sew patches to their shirts ...

You advertise and sell them the patches.

WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE STOCKHOLDERS?!!!

It should be legal to, in the case of confirmed idiocy, just save everyone trouble and staple their tongues to their noses.  Televise it weekly, with the Litany of Stupidity, and there's your happy stockholders...   And you can skim next weeks stars from your viewers.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's a murder.

This.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 01, 2012, 05:58:18 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 30, 2012, 09:54:48 PM

It's a murder.

True enough.

Just make them sew a big yellow star of David "I" to their shirts.  :)

Nice. 

Unfortunately, I probably would not be surprised by the number of people who would read that and still come to the conclusion that that's an ok thing to do.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann