News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Very short rant about America, its wars, and its kids

Started by Cainad (dec.), April 06, 2010, 03:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

They told us we needed to save American lives. They told us there were people in that place over there who did bad things to us and we needed to go over there and punish them, and it was true, for the most part.

But the Bad People weren't enough, so they told us about more bad people being over in that other place. It wasn't really true but it was for the good of the Empire, so it was worth it. Now they've spent all the money on fighting those wars, spent all the soldiers too. So they made it up to all the kids by giving them an extra weekend day as a way of saying "Sorry we ruined your future."

So now these kids can grow up learning about the Great American Freedom Campaign in that part of the world that they can't find on a map because they cut Fridays and lopped off the 12th grade so they could get out and join the party sooner.

bob-o

since when do kids have 4-day weeks and no senior year?

bob-o
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

Thurnez Isa

Im all for throwing out the kids future.
I think we should throw them out into the world at 14, unless they get pregnant at 13
"welcome to the 21'st century.. bitch!"
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

Quote from: bob-o on April 06, 2010, 10:50:50 PM
since when do kids have 4-day weeks and no senior year?

bob-o

I'm not sure about the senior year bit, but there are several school districts across the country that have gone to, or are considering going to a 4 day week.  My kids school only has half days on Wednesdays, which is another popular convention.  Basically it is cost cutting measures. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Thurnez Isa

Good thing too... all that knowledge might lead them to question the Tea Party's use of the English language.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

WHAT
my school days were 1.5 hrs longer than 5 day public schools and THESE SLACKERS only have to go 4 days?

AFK

In my school district they were talking about lengthening the school day as well.  going to more of an 8-5, work hours model.  I think there is going to be a lot more momentum for it.  Because that's one day the buses don't have to run.  One day they can keep the heat/A-C turned down, A day they don't have to pay substitutes.  There could probably be some significant cost savings that might avert the need to cut staff.  But of course, it will increase costs for families who will have to make child care arrangements for that 5th day.  But I don't know, I think I'd be all for it if it meant not cutting music programs or getting rid of good teachers and keeping class sizes low.  Then again, that's easy for me to say when I have a free babysitter just a few minutes away. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.