Greetings we are from the Internet and we have no clue what we're doing

Started by Triple Zero, July 08, 2012, 01:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

https://shortmail.com/

QuoteShorter
All emails are limited to 500 characters. Messages are always short and to the point.
Social
Email is about communicating with people. Whether publicly or privately, we make communicating fun again.
Simpler
No attachments, no junk mail, no folder management. Just communication - with any email user, anywhere.
Better
Get Shortmail on your iPhone, Android, or in your favorite email app. Connect using IMAP, POP3, SMTP, or use our web interface.
Claim your Shortmail address
Already have your address? Sign In

Really, let's just ... do stuff, because it CONNECTS and is SOCIAL! And it worked for Twitter right?

Well one thing is clever that while Twitter had to build its own infrastructure, these guys are just limiting an existing one to 500 characters. Much less work.

BUT WHYYYYYYYY

Maybe I know why. It's because we can, everybody that knows a bit of code can create crazy bullshit like that. But it's the Internet, so it broadcasts everything to everyone, and the end result is that you will inevitably have to face stuff made by people that tend to use their ability to build email-Twitter mutants, just to "see what'll happen".

And that's not good, but also not bad, it's just bullshit, and that's beautiful.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bu🤠ns

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."