News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

*** GASM INVITE BUSINESS CARDS ***

Started by Triple Zero, July 17, 2008, 04:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

so, a GASM is basically a decentralized* discordian* pranking* project* (aka Deedeepeepee)

when organizing a GASM, one of the key elements to its success** is getting the word out, so that others can easily join in.

so I give you the idea of GASM Invite Business Cards. such a card would look a littlebit something like this:

------------------------------------------------
         SomethingGASM INVITATION!
you have been invited to SomethingGASM, which is
a FUN way to SOMETHING and blabla SOMETHING!

participate by doing SOMETHING!  and downloading
the material at http://something.com/something.

-HAIL-ERIS---WWW.PRINCIPIADISCORDIA.COM---FNORD-

don't forget to put a nice picture on it as well. then get your ass to the copyshop and print out a couple of sheets of these on thick paper, cut them to the proper size, and leave them laying around at places where you think interested people will pick them up and participate.

if you want to spread the word even wider, you can of course post the PDF here and who knows, someone might print them out and spread your cards somewhere real far away (but dont count on it for the success of your plan)

* sort of.
** apart from Leading by Example, of course.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Raphaella

This may be promising, leaving invites around. It may help if you just approached people and gave it to them personally. I don't know, like the people who hand out those Jesus pamphlets.
"Something was speaking to me, telling me that you need something in your life. Something has a plan for you..."  :|
Well better than that, but you get the point right? I'll take it to kinkos and hand them out at work when I get a chance. Leaving them places could work well to, so I'll just try both approaches.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Cramulus

you could paperclip them to posters

let people know how to get in on the madness

Nast

I really like this idea. As for pictures, does Vexation allow use of his awesome guns-and-apple logo?
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trillian

Quote from: Nasturtiums on July 24, 2008, 06:52:04 AM
I really like this idea. As for pictures, does Vexation allow use of his awesome guns-and-apple logo?

I think that might send more of a message of "OMG discordians are OMG TERRRRRISTS" rather than "omg they like doing silly things lol"

Chairman Risus

Quote from: trillian on August 20, 2008, 02:28:43 AM
Quote from: Nasturtiums on July 24, 2008, 06:52:04 AM

I think that might send more of a message of "OMG discordians are OMG TERRRRRISTS" rather than "omg they like doing silly things lol"
And?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: triple zero on July 17, 2008, 04:49:22 PM

------------------------------------------------
         SomethingGASM INVITATION!
you have been invited to SomethingGASM, which is
a FUN way to SOMETHING and blabla SOMETHING!

participate by doing SOMETHING!  and downloading
the material at http://something.com/something.

-HAIL-ERIS---WWW.PRINCIPIADISCORDIA.COM---FNORD-

Actually, I kinda want to make some with this exact text.

Triple Zero

heh, go ahead, but make the URL be http://www.principiadiscordia.com/something

(if you go through with it, i could help you put "something" there, too)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on July 24, 2008, 07:30:57 AM
Quote from: triple zero on July 17, 2008, 04:49:22 PM
Deedeepeepee

It makes me nervous when you say this.  :cry:

He's just saying the shorthand for "Double Penetration" in an echo chamber.

Triple Zero

actually, Douple Penetration makes it an echo chamber.

LMNO