News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Reply to Emo Thread

Started by Cait M. R., December 17, 2009, 12:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I have found that in most genres, there is a small contingent of girls who can make it look really good.

Juggalos may be the exception, however.

President Television

Quote from: Cait M. R. on December 23, 2009, 03:07:10 PMJust need to note a few things

A: I don't give a shit if it's a uniform, it's a DAMN PRETTY uniform and I fuckin' LIKE it. Individuality is nice and all, but I like what I like and if individuality gets in the way of that shit, it can go eat Roger's sewage output.
B: I AM NOT PUTTING EFFORT INTO THIS. That implies time spent and money spent beyond what I would be spending normally. Fuck that shit. I get haircuts anyway, why not get haircuts I like? I get clothes anyway, why not get clothes I'd want to wear? It all works out to the same price in the end if I'm doing the damn shopping, is actually easier than finding something else I like (hence time saved) and I'm happy in the end. FUCK YOU FOR SAYING THAT I SHOULDN'T BE HAPPY BECAUSE WHAT I LIKE IS MORE POPULAR THAN MERZBOW AT A FRAT PARTY. BITCH.
C: I can't be assed GIVING A SHIT about how what I like is a business card that refers to the carrier as "I M DOUCHEBAG." I can't be assed caring if the fucking inbred assrabbits with necks so red you could COOK YOUR FUCKING BACON ON THEM in this area don't see me for who "I really am", whatever the fuck that is. I'm going to dress and act and listen to what the fuck I like and if you have a problem with it because it happens to be something that's popular, SHOVE THIS UP YOUR ASS.

</r-prime>

You're funny.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on December 23, 2009, 03:44:27 PM
Quote from: Cait M. R. on December 23, 2009, 03:07:10 PMJust need to note a few things

A: I don't give a shit if it's a uniform, it's a DAMN PRETTY uniform and I fuckin' LIKE it. Individuality is nice and all, but I like what I like and if individuality gets in the way of that shit, it can go eat Roger's sewage output.
B: I AM NOT PUTTING EFFORT INTO THIS. That implies time spent and money spent beyond what I would be spending normally. Fuck that shit. I get haircuts anyway, why not get haircuts I like? I get clothes anyway, why not get clothes I'd want to wear? It all works out to the same price in the end if I'm doing the damn shopping, is actually easier than finding something else I like (hence time saved) and I'm happy in the end. FUCK YOU FOR SAYING THAT I SHOULDN'T BE HAPPY BECAUSE WHAT I LIKE IS MORE POPULAR THAN MERZBOW AT A FRAT PARTY. BITCH.
C: I can't be assed GIVING A SHIT about how what I like is a business card that refers to the carrier as "I M DOUCHEBAG." I can't be assed caring if the fucking inbred assrabbits with necks so red you could COOK YOUR FUCKING BACON ON THEM in this area don't see me for who "I really am", whatever the fuck that is. I'm going to dress and act and listen to what the fuck I like and if you have a problem with it because it happens to be something that's popular, SHOVE THIS UP YOUR ASS.

</r-prime>

You're funny.

You're pretentious.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cait M. R. on December 23, 2009, 03:07:10 PM
Just need to note a few things

I expect to be paid for that, of course.  This is some high-quality poop I have here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on December 23, 2009, 03:44:27 PM

</r-prime>

You're funny.

Look who's talking, dude.  At least she didn't walk around with half her head shaved.  I fail to see how that's any weirder than "scene"...in fact, I'd say it WAS "scene".

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on December 23, 2009, 03:40:16 PM
I have found that in most genres, there is a small contingent of girls who can make it look really good.

fixed.

QuoteJuggalos may be the exception, however.

probably.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

President Television

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 04:56:47 PM
Look who's talking, dude.  At least she didn't walk around with half her head shaved.  I fail to see how that's any weirder than "scene"...in fact, I'd say it WAS "scene".

I was talking about the huge overreacting response with sections in all-caps accusing me of saying her taste was bad because it was popular (which wasn't actually what I meant, though looking back it does look like it). And I wasn't hating scene for the weirdness so much as the sheer tackiness(hence my whole individuality post, as the only possible justification I can see for such horror is pursuit of individuality), though if you want to get technical, the difference between shaving half a head and scene is that there is no scene for having half a head shaved. The very definition of scene is that there's a scene for it. And my head only stayed like that for a few minutes. I don't even know why I did it in the first place anyway. I occasionally slip into fits of raving lunacy, and I did it during one of those.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on December 23, 2009, 06:10:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 04:56:47 PM

I was talking about the huge overreacting response with sections in all-caps accusing me of saying her taste was bad because it was popular (which wasn't actually what I meant, though looking back it does look like it). And I wasn't hating scene for the weirdness so much as the sheer tackiness(hence my whole individuality post, as the only possible justification I can see for such horror is pursuit of individuality), though if you want to get technical, the difference between shaving half a head and scene is that there is no scene for having half a head shaved. The very definition of scene is that there's a scene for it. And my head only stayed like that for a few minutes. I don't even know why I did it in the first place anyway. I occasionally slip into fits of raving lunacy, and I did it during one of those.

Someone has never heard of R-Prime.

East Coast Hustle

I can't be arsed to bother following the intricacies of this overwhelmingly intelligent thread, but emo/scene/whatever you kids are calling your incessant need to be tacky about your stupid angst is indefensible and culturally worthless.

except for "scene-core" music, which is glorious.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on December 23, 2009, 06:10:21 PM

I was talking about the huge overreacting response with sections in all-caps accusing me of saying her taste was bad because it was popular (which wasn't actually what I meant, though looking back it does look like it).

Maybe she's sick of hearing it?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 23, 2009, 06:42:47 PM
I can't be arsed to bother following the intricacies of this overwhelmingly intelligent thread, but emo/scene/whatever you kids humans are calling your incessant need to be tacky about your stupid angst behavior in general is indefensible and culturally worthless.

except for "scene-core" Tom Jones' music, which is glorious.

Fixed.

Hangshai

History of Emo in one paragraph.

I remember in the 80s it was called 'modern rock'.  Then 'College Rock'.  Then Kurt came along (god bless his bedeviled soul), and we called it 'Alternative'.  Then a bunch of other guys came along and we didnt have a name for it.  But it was on independent record labels, so we called it 'indie stuff'.  Then, all THOSE bands either ODed or quit, BECAUSE they were on indie labels, and never got on MTV or made any money, and driving around the USA with four assholes in an Econoline van can't be a viable career choice, so it died again for a while...  Then Makeoutclub appeared...  And now we have GHEY.

and that there is what it is...
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 23, 2009, 06:45:23 PM
I can't be arsed to bother following the intricacies of this overwhelmingly intelligent thread, but emo/scene/whatever you kids humans are calling your incessant need to be tacky about your stupid angst behavior in general is indefensible and culturally worthless.

Fixed.

logical fallacy.

if everything is tacky, there's no counterpoint for "tacky" to be measured against, rendering the concept invalid.

we have to draw the line somewhere, Roger.

I draw it at kids that look like this:

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 23, 2009, 07:02:10 PM

Fixed.

logical fallacy.

if everything is tacky, there's no counterpoint for "tacky" to be measured against, rendering the concept invalid.

we have to draw the line somewhere, Roger.

I draw it at kids that look like this:

A draw the line at monkeys wearing clothes.

And please never do that again.

President Television

Fixed.

Haha. It's not unusual to agree with you on that.