News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

UNLIMITED GOP 2012 PRIMARY CANDIDATE THREAD

Started by LMNO, March 03, 2011, 02:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 18, 2012, 12:00:48 PM
Was it Mobutu Sese Soko who once said America was a "one party dictatorship, but with typical American extravagance, it has two of them?"

I don't think so, actually, but whoever did say it, well, I'm sure they're laughing hard in that circle of hell reserved for statesmen and other criminals:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10/16/green-party-candidate-arrested-outside-debate-site/

QuoteGreen Party presidential candidate Jill Stein and running mate Cheri Honkala were arrested outside Long Island's Hofstra University ahead of tonight's debate.

After being denied entrance to the campus because they lacked credentials, the two candidates sat down in the street in front of the university with an American flag on their laps, the Long Island Report explains. They were led away by police officers after refusing to move.

Stein and Honkala objected to being excluded from the debate, saying they are on 85 percent of state ballots and should be part of the national discussion.

Even better according to Democracy Within 30 Minutes Or You Get Your Next Political System Free Now!, Jill Stein was handcuffed to a chair and held in a police warehouse (designed for protestors) for 8 hours.  Just her, her VP candidate and over a dozen police.

HELLO.  SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT CLUEING IN.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And then, nothing in particular happened.  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

LMNO

Romney Wants Small Business Owners To Tell Their Employees How They Shoud Vote.

Quote"I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections," the GOP hopeful told a group of small business owners.

THANKS A LOT, OBAMA CITIZEN'S UNITED!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 03:51:01 PM
Oh, those wacky Green party candidates!

Listen up, citizen...They are already paying for two parties for you support.  Three parties will cost more for no additional benefit, and will simply confuse you.  You are either RED or BLUE.  Custom packages ARE permitted, but are not supported by the current operating system.  Those weren't security guards or cops, they were ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE.

Now shut the fuck up and pick which color you support.  It's all the Goddamn political thinking YOU need to do.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

I just switched my party back to green actually. I was going to vote stein anyway but i dont want to get anymore jury duty notices.

Twid
there are silver linings to being ignored politically.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 18, 2012, 05:19:35 PM
I just switched my party back to green actually. I was going to vote stein anyway but i dont want to get anymore jury duty notices.

Twid
there are silver linings to being ignored politically.

This is how they allow the dangerous monkeys to neutralize themselves.  Give them a pretend alternative to play with.  Blows the steam off, keeps 'em from hanging G/S execs from lamp posts.

Nephew Twiddleton

Not sure i see the connection with being a member of the green party and being neutralized.

tyrannosaurus vex

The 2 big parties are corrupt. The smaller parties are powerless. So either you vote for the asshole, or you vote for the pipsqueak with no chance in Hell of ever making a dent in the system.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 05:04:57 PM

Quote"I hope you make it very clear to your employees what you believe is in the best interest of your enterprise and therefore their job and their future in the upcoming elections," the GOP hopeful told a group of small business owners.

Uh, isn't that illegal?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 18, 2012, 05:31:16 PM
Not sure i see the connection with being a member of the green party and being neutralized.

Because your dissatisfaction has been routed into a cause that has no hope of success. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Man Green on October 18, 2012, 05:42:15 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 05:04:57 PM

Uh, isn't that illegal?

It is not illegal to tell your employees your opinion of what's best for the company they work for, and thus their jobs, unless you are within 100 feet of a polling place.

It IS illegal to ORDER your employees to vote one way or the other.

Nephew Twiddleton

That implies that my dissatisfaction can only go down one avenue in a game thats not going to resolve my dissatisfaction even if i play.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 18, 2012, 05:45:36 PM
That implies that my dissatisfaction can only go down one avenue in a game thats not going to resolve my dissatisfaction even if i play.

How else have you expressed your dissatisfaction?

tyrannosaurus vex

It's also perfectly legal to require your employees to attend a particular political rally - even under threats of firing.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.