News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: NO CISNORMATIVE ELVEN PATRIARCHS ALLOWED

Started by Cain, January 22, 2015, 08:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 15, 2015, 05:56:56 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 14, 2015, 07:23:19 PM
I have just been informed that nobody beneath the rank of salaried supervisor shall have chairs with armrests.

I am not kidding.  I have been directed to purchase chairs without armrests to replace any such chairs in my department that are not used by me.

I responded affirmatively, and accidentally copied everyone in the North American system.

She finally has the power she's always wanted.  :lulz:

Ain't it awesome?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

axod

just this

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Reginald Ret

I found what I think is meant as a horror story from 2006.
http://365tomorrows.com/09/21/screening/
QuoteThe man in riot gear with the machine gun and the mirrored face-mask gestures to the left. Smile at him. Friendly. Friendly. Yes, that's it, pretend your reflection is his face and give him a nod. This man is your friend and is here to help you. Tell yourself that.

Good. Keep your face relaxed, calm but alert. Only affable expressions of optimism and happiness. Place your belongings on the conveyor belt. Yes, they could get stolen while you go through the scanner... Don't think about that, don't get nervous. Don't look nervous...
Did anyone else notice the lack of molestation?
Not even a scanner that can see through clothes!

Even 9 year old horror stories couldn't predict our current security checkpoints.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

OK, it's official - the heating in this building is fucked.  I walk from my kitchen, where admittedly I do have the windows open, to the corridor leading back to my bedroom, and the temperature jumps a good 15 degrees (celsius).  No wonder I'm having trouble sleeping and constantly waking up covered in sweat.  I thought I was coming down with the flu or something.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on April 16, 2015, 05:46:06 AM
OK, it's official - the heating in this building is fucked.  I walk from my kitchen, where admittedly I do have the windows open, to the corridor leading back to my bedroom, and the temperature jumps a good 15 degrees (celsius).  No wonder I'm having trouble sleeping and constantly waking up covered in sweat.  I thought I was coming down with the flu or something.

That's always fun. I love it when my bedroom is a roasting oven and my living space is frigid.

Cain

I do also have eastern facing windows, which doesn't help.  But since I kept my curtains closed all of yesterday (which is great, by the way, since I get to see the sun so much on night shift) and it did bugger all, I can only conclude it's the pipes and the boiler.

I'll put in a complaint this afternoon, see if maintenance can rouse themselves from putting down literal Tom and Jerry style mousetraps to look at this.  Although I'll probably just be told it's a "houseparent problem to fix", like I was with the various slow-draining showers in the building.  Because obviously I applied to be a plumber in this job position.  And maintenance apparently applied to sit on their arses and avoid as much work as possible, based on what I see.

minuspace

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on April 16, 2015, 05:46:06 AM

I'm going to go with haunted.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

I'm new to British politics but watching the election debate appears to be 4 people with absolutely no definite actions or insight as to what they would do if they get in and one crazy guy who believes that leaving the EU will make magical money trees sprout up across the country.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Faust

I'm able to vote in this election but I know basically nothing about the parties (other then the sensationalist stuff thats hard to escape from)
so I'll probably abstain.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Everyone wants spending cuts, but Labour want slightly less than everyone else.

The Tories want to basically reinstall the aristocracy via changing the law on inheritance tax and pumping the price of homes/land.

The Lib Dems apparently thought the last 5 years of coalition were brilliant, and are pledging to bring that same brand of incoherence to the next government, be it Labour or Tory.

UKIP want to drive all the immigrants into the sea, invade Belgium and topple the European Union through protracted land warfare.  Also a bunch of libertarian/vaguely Nazi bullshit.

The SNP want to bugger up everyone elses plans, and if I were Scottish would have my vote simply for the annoyance factor.

The Greens desperately want a leader who isn't a complete laughingstock.

The election is going to be all over the place.  The SNP will probably supplant Labour in Scotland.  Hard to tell if that will cause Labour to lose to the Tories, or just about pull through.  The Lib Dems are going to get crushed badly, a fitting end to a party that so easily embraced power at the expense of their voting base.  UKIP will cause some upsets too, but it's not clear whether they will take enough from the Tories to threaten their chances of winning the election, or whether they in fact have the chops for political governance (I suspect they do not).  Whatever happens, there is going to be a coalition government, likely either Labour/SNP, or Tory/UKIP.

And with both the Tories and the SNP saying things that are likely to make America nervous, I wouldn't rule out some skullduggery on the part of the UK and US intelligence services.