News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

If you're running Microsoft Windoze

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, January 18, 2010, 04:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Per the recent vulnerability announcement from Microsoft (here's some symptoms to help id it if you have a problem).

Evidence of Remote Code Execution (the specific vulnerability called out in the advisory):

·         Account lockout policies are being tripped.

·         Automatic Updates, Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), Windows Defender, and Error Reporting Services are disabled.

·         Domain controllers respond slowly to client requests.

·         The network is congested.

·         Various security-related Web sites cannot be accessed.

·         Various security-related tools will not run.

·         In some cases, you may see svchost.exe crashes in module netapi32.dll.  This will only occur if the attack fails, however.

Not a joke or Snopes, this is just your run of the mill new virus bullshit. Thought it might be useful for the IT geeks among us.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Wow, what a pile of horseshit this be.

Watch yer internets melt away, ye scurvy spags.

Linux be better, me says...yarrrrghhh!

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Johnny

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 18, 2010, 04:04:43 PM
Per the recent vulnerability announcement from Microsoft (here's some symptoms to help id it if you have a problem).

Evidence of Remote Code Execution (the specific vulnerability called out in the advisory):

·         Automatic Updates, Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS), Windows Defender, and Error Reporting Services are disabled.

·         In some cases, you may see svchost.exe crashes in module netapi32.dll.  This will only occur if the attack fails, however.

Not a joke or Snopes, this is just your run of the mill new virus bullshit. Thought it might be useful for the IT geeks among us.

:walken: :fishhook: :zombie: :crankey: :crankey: :nuke: :cramstipated:

THATS WHAT I HAD ALL THRU LAST MONTH GODDAMIT AND NWO THE SECURITY COMMUNITY FIGURES IT OUT !!!!???? FUCK THEM IN THE BUTT !!!!!!!!!!!! I ALREADY HAD TO FORMAT TWO COMPUTERS
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: JohNyx on January 18, 2010, 06:56:26 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on January 18, 2010, 04:04:43 PM

:walken: :fishhook: :zombie: :crankey: :crankey: :nuke: :cramstipated:

THATS WHAT I HAD ALL THRU LAST MONTH GODDAMIT AND NWO THE SECURITY COMMUNITY FIGURES IT OUT !!!!???? FUCK THEM IN THE BUTT !!!!!!!!!!!! I ALREADY HAD TO FORMAT TWO COMPUTERS

They're tagging this as a zero day attack... maybe you got the early beta preview of it.  :lulz:

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Remington

What's Internet Explorer? It is some kind of third-party rip-off of Firefox or Chrome?
Is it plugged in?

Freeky

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not, Remmy.

YUO MADE ME LOOK STUFF UP FOR NOTHING, PROBABLY!!! :argh!:

Remington

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on January 19, 2010, 02:27:34 AM
Maaaaaybe.
IT'S THE ONLY WAY YUO WILL EVER LEARN
Is it plugged in?

Freeky

Quote from: Remington on January 19, 2010, 03:48:03 AM
Maaaaaybe.
IT'S THE ONLY WAY YUO WILL EVER LEARN
YUO MADE ME LEARNING!  :argh!:

Jasper

Fact:  My windows box that I was using for the big screen shat the bed yesterday.  Now I have to put linux on it.  Luckily I was expecting this to happen, and I save all my movies, music, software, and image macros on a separate hard drive. 

Triple Zero

Quote from: Felix on January 19, 2010, 05:24:55 AM
Fact:  My windows box that I was using for the big screen shat the bed yesterday.  Now I have to put linux on it.  Luckily I was expecting this to happen, and I save all my movies, music, software, and image macros on a separate hard drive. 

protip: do not OS and Data on the same logical disk.

not that I take my own advice, but I really should.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 20, 2010, 01:51:45 PM

This.  It drives me insane trying to set Windows up that way with any level of transparency though.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jasper

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 20, 2010, 01:51:45 PM

I said they're separate.

Oh, but it turns out the backup HD had bad sectors and the boot drive got fucked somehow on top of it.  I was able to put ubuntu on it and save my music and ebooks.