News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Quote from: Manabu on May 14, 2010, 03:36:37 AM
a conspiracy theory will be formulated

YOUR PAPERS PLEASE!!!

what about if we allow the illegals to stay if they agree to be chipped or wear a note pinned to their chest
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Adios

Quote from: Pēleus on May 16, 2010, 09:43:41 PM
Quote from: Manabu on May 14, 2010, 03:36:37 AM
a conspiracy theory will be formulated

YOUR PAPERS PLEASE!!!

what about if we allow the illegals to stay if they agree to be chipped or wear a note pinned to their chest

You mean like pinning a star to their clothes?  :innocent:

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 16, 2010, 05:10:27 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 15, 2010, 11:57:19 PM
A quick question for all of you US citizens:

How many of you carry your birth certificate (in combination with your State ID) or your passport everywhere you go?

What your forgetting is that all Latin Americans are immigrates. It's impossible for any of them to be born in the US.
Impossible.

Especially in Arizona. :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Professor Freeky on May 17, 2010, 04:44:00 PM
Quote from: vexati0n on May 17, 2010, 06:24:38 AM

:sad: I'm forbidden from seeing it?

It says:

REASONABLE SUSPICION
HOW TO DETERMINE A SUSPECT'S CITIZENSHIP STATUS

1.   Obtain copy of Suspect's Birth Certificate or other State- or
Federally-issued identification. Compare document to Suspect.
2.   If identification document is printed on paper more than
three (3) shades lighter than Suspect's skin tone, SUSPECT IS
ILLEGAL.
Arrest and detain.

I don't know where Vex found it, but it looks legit.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Freeky

I can see it now. That was weird.

And that pic is fucked up. :horrormirth:

Iason Ouabache

Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/19/arizona-official-threatens-cut-los-angeles-power-payback-boycott/

QuoteA member of Arizona's top government utilities agency threw down the gauntlet in a letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, threatening to cut off the city's power supply as retribution for the city's boycott of Arizona.

If Los Angeles wants to boycott Arizona, it had better get used to reading by candlelight.

That's the message from a member of Arizona's top government utilities agency, who threw down the gauntlet Tuesday in a letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa by threatening to cut off the city's power supply as retribution.

Gary Pierce, a commissioner on the five-member Arizona Corporation Commission, wrote the letter in response to the Los Angeles City Council's decision last week to boycott the Grand Canyon State -- in protest of its immigration law -- by suspending official travel there and ending future contracts with state businesses.

Noting that a quarter of Los Angeles' electricity comes from Arizona power plants, Pierce threatened to pull the plug if the City Council does not reconsider.

"Doggone it -- if you're going to boycott this candy store ... then don't come in for any of it," Pierce told FoxNews.com.

In the letter, he ridiculed Villaraigosa for saying that the point of the boycott was to "send a message" by severing the "resources and ties" they share.

"I received your message; please receive mine. As a statewide elected member of the Arizona Corporation Commission overseeing Arizona's electric and water utilities, I too am keenly aware of the 'resources and ties' we share with the city of Los Angeles," Pierce wrote.

"If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation."

:lulz:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Doktor Howl

If Pierce does that, the last trickle of our revenue vanishes.

And LA goes dark.

I LOVE THIS DECADE!
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2010, 11:07:37 PM
If Pierce does that, the last trickle of our revenue vanishes.

And LA goes dark.

I LOVE THIS DECADE!

It hardly seems fair for us to have so many lulz when others have so few. :lulz:

Pope Pixie Pickle

I have the desire to fuck with the bigamist after I get my divorce.

I have his MySpace but it cannot be added without his email address.

Ah maricopa county, I hate you!

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on May 19, 2010, 11:06:29 PM
Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/19/arizona-official-threatens-cut-los-angeles-power-payback-boycott/

QuoteA member of Arizona's top government utilities agency threw down the gauntlet in a letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, threatening to cut off the city's power supply as retribution for the city's boycott of Arizona.

If Los Angeles wants to boycott Arizona, it had better get used to reading by candlelight.

That's the message from a member of Arizona's top government utilities agency, who threw down the gauntlet Tuesday in a letter to Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa by threatening to cut off the city's power supply as retribution.

Gary Pierce, a commissioner on the five-member Arizona Corporation Commission, wrote the letter in response to the Los Angeles City Council's decision last week to boycott the Grand Canyon State -- in protest of its immigration law -- by suspending official travel there and ending future contracts with state businesses.

Noting that a quarter of Los Angeles' electricity comes from Arizona power plants, Pierce threatened to pull the plug if the City Council does not reconsider.

"Doggone it -- if you're going to boycott this candy store ... then don't come in for any of it," Pierce told FoxNews.com.

In the letter, he ridiculed Villaraigosa for saying that the point of the boycott was to "send a message" by severing the "resources and ties" they share.

"I received your message; please receive mine. As a statewide elected member of the Arizona Corporation Commission overseeing Arizona's electric and water utilities, I too am keenly aware of the 'resources and ties' we share with the city of Los Angeles," Pierce wrote.

"If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation."

I found this bit interesting

QuoteThe law requires local law enforcement to try to verify the immigration status of anyone they have contact with whom they suspect of being an illegal immigrant. It empowers them to turn over verified illegal immigrants to federal custody. The legislation explicitly prohibits screening people based solely on race or national origin.

I know that's kind of required, but what is going to cause a law enforcement officer to suspect someone is illegal aside from race or national origin?  It does say solely though, so I guess the cop could say "Well, he's hispanic, and he was eating a taco, the taco was the real kicker"

You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Juana

:lulz: Arizona State Senator to Challenge 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
QuoteRussell Pearce is at it again.  Mr. Pearce is the state senator who authored SB1070, the Arizona law which obligates police to make an attempt, whenever practicable — to determine a person's immigration status if there is reasonable suspicion that the individual is in the country illegally, following a stop by law enforcement.  Now, Phoenix news station KPHO is reporting that his next target is the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.  That amendment, which guarantees some of the nation's most important citizenship rights related to equal protection and due process, was passed in 1868, during the aftermath of the Civil War.  In the 142 years since, it has become one of the great foundations of American Law.

According to the KPHO news report, State Senator Pearce has stated that he intends "to push for an Arizona bill that would refuse to accept or issue a birth certificate that recognizes citizenship to those born to illegal aliens, unless one parent is a citizen."  Although clarification of Pearce's statement will be necessary in the days ahead, it is clear that he is, in effect, seeking to nullify section 1 of the 14th Amendment, which states:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

As to whether his proposal will discriminate against birth mothers, Pearce has included documents from supporters which back his efforts, including one that rationalizes the likelihood of this bias:  "If we are going to have an effect on the anchor baby racket, we need to target the mother.  Call it sexist," the supporter says, "but that's the way nature made it.  Men don't drop anchor babies, illegal alien mothers do."  Anchor baby is a reference used by anti-immigrant groups to derisively describe an American-born child whose parents are undocumented.
Just a few days ago, Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul of Kentucky caused a national firestorm over objections he made to key provisions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Fair Housing Act of 1968.  Now, Republican Russell Pearce of Arizona, is directly threatening the 14th Amendment, which was, in large part, aimed at correcting the injustices caused by the system of American slavery and the infamous Dred Scott Decision of 1857, which declared that African-Americans were not citizens of the United States, and, therefore, did not have the protections of the U.S. Constitution.

Ironically, the 14th Amendment was intended to protect Americans — including the native born whose parents are not citizens — from exactly the sort of state encroachment upon civil rights that Mr. Pearce is proposing to legislate.
As I recall, federal laws trump state and local ones. And only a constitutional amendment made to the actual constitution can change this. Somebody slept through civics.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.