H
e
y

T
h
e
r
e

Ok so I bought my shiny new laptop, and I bought a Ritmo 2.5 HDD Enclosure to get the files from my old (dead and organ harvested) machine ...

But the Ritmo won't work on this damn machine! I plug it in and it is unrecgonised, though however when I plug it into the barely-functional XP desktop we have laying around it works almost fine (albiet the computer keeps freezing) - so I am sluggishly transfering Adobe CS4 over Wireless (and that is failing miserably) - it is not a driver issue, the device is sometimes recongised; but I can't browse it for some reason (when on the windows 7 machine)

Anyhow, anyone experienced in getting Devices to work fluently on a damn Windows 7 Home Edition. Microsoft realeased something to work with XP supported devices, but that is only for Professional and above Editions.

Fucking dickheads....

Any tools out there?

Oh if you need to know the model

It is an ACER Aspire 5740 using Intel Core i3

... I probably shoulda spent an extra $100 and got the Core 2 duo  :lulz: oh well shit happens

*edit* http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11060/create-an-xp-mode-for-windows7-home-versions-and-vista/ I found this artcile so I shall follow it 
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

NotPublished

Oh sweet! It fucking works!

But this hardware is fucking shit ... Hopefully I can grab a better HDD Enclosure. This thing is pissing me off

NotPublished

I'll buy http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153066 that one looks like its worth it, seems fucking awesome! Thanks TTM

Shibboleet The Annihilator

No problem. As long as you don't abuse the hard drives (I.E. throw them around or knock them over while they're running) you should be able to save some money on enclosures and use them to recover data from regular computer drives if you need to.