Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Peleo thoughts.

Started by Salty, April 10, 2013, 07:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Balls Wellington on April 12, 2013, 07:29:47 PM
Quote from: Pergamos on April 12, 2013, 12:17:41 PM
Gluten free brewing actually had it's own board on the homebrew board I used to frequent.

That's good. It should be segregated and kept in its ghetto and NEVER allowed to intermingle with anything related to actual beer.

Keep it with Coors Lite and Miller High Life.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on April 12, 2013, 09:32:31 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 12, 2013, 01:16:47 AM
I have a life-threatening allergy to honeydew melon. That would be a really stupid reason for everyone else on earth to quit eating cucurbits...

Really?

That's the first time I've heard that one. Given my line of work, I've sort of made a hobby out of "collecting" unusual food allergies. It's also the first time I've heard the term "cucurbits".

Pleased to be of service! :thanks:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Balls Wellington on April 12, 2013, 09:33:21 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 12, 2013, 03:05:50 AM
IT'S PROBABLY GLUTEN

I posted ton FB that I'm finally accepting that I'm allergic to beer, and a million people were all GLUTEN! even though THAT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE and also it's the hops.

you should maybe try some quinoa beer.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Gluten free brewing actually had it's own board on the homebrew board I used to frequent.

That's good. It should be segregated and kept in its ghetto and NEVER allowed to intermingle with anything related to actual beer.

In defense of homebrewing gluten-free. I do know someone who's husband is an avid homebrewer, a damn good one, and she's moderate/severe Celiac, as in, drinking a beer could probably hospitalize her. He managed to make a gluten free beer that does not suck or involve rice, or taste anything like that Redbridge garbage. I was impressed. But, it was also brewed out of necessity, and well, love. When you actually put forth a conscience effort to assist someone who has a legit allergy, you can make great food/drinks. If you're doing it for a fucking fad diet, then you're an idiot.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Trivial

Why are olives on the paleo diet?  They have to be processed before being palatable.  Not seeing too many hunter-gatherers going to bother packing them in salt or lye.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Salty

I believe because they are considered a fruit and they need the oil for salads and shit.

They also suggest not using an alarm...ever.

JUST WAKE UP WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT.
Ha ha ha,
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on April 15, 2013, 05:17:20 AM
I believe because they are considered a fruit and they need the oil for salads and shit.

They also suggest not using an alarm...ever.

JUST WAKE UP WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT.
Ha ha ha,

So, I take it these hippies don't have jobs?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

The vast majority of people I see extolling the paleo diet tend to be writers of some kind or another (bloggers) who normally work from home.

Still, that's not an excuse.  I mean, I could get away with not setting an alarm.  I do, though, because I want my day to be more productive than "I slept in until 11am, then ate raw meat and seeds while watching Youtube videos of kittens".

Salty

:lol:

Perhaps they intend to start a cultural revolution. Which they'll need to do seeing as there's just no feasible way to feed 7 billion people on 30% meat, 30% fat, and 30% vegetables. Its just not ever going to happn.

Wait a second ...that's why we HAVE overpopulation guise! We just have to switch the entire worlds infrastructure to support this and let all the peasants starve to death from, uh, the lack of grains that have kept then alive for thousands of years.

Cain

Perhaps they could agitate for a cultural revolution which will result, no doubt, in a great leap forward for all of mankind.  Population problem solved.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 12, 2013, 07:46:29 PM

Keep it with Coors Lite and Miller High Life.

:)

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Alty on April 15, 2013, 05:15:17 PM

Perhaps they intend to start a cultural revolution. Which they'll need to do seeing as there's just no feasible way to feed 7 billion people on 30% meat, 30% fat, and 30% vegetables. Its just not ever going to happn.

Wait a second ...that's why we HAVE overpopulation guise! We just have to switch the entire worlds infrastructure to support this and let all the peasants starve to death from, uh, the lack of grains that have kept then alive for thousands of years.

STEALING!

Doktor Howl

Wait.  What's the other 10%?
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2013, 01:57:46 AM

Quantumz

Salty

Quote from: Don Coyote on June 18, 2013, 02:24:12 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 18, 2013, 01:57:46 AM

Quantumz

:spittake:

What the Coyote said.

I was going to say desperation.