News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Twid's non-Anarchangel related musical appearances thread

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, February 25, 2012, 07:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

So, Villager and I will be playing with Daniel Ouellette and the Shobijin in Pawtucket, RI for a variety show on Monday night. Here the info (via Daniel's facebook page, which is here http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Daniel-Ouellette/46304984479?sk=app_2405167945):

QuoteWe will be performing songs from upcoming CD on the #1 Variety show in Southern New England' since 1992

This edition features:

@Lise Y McKay - Author 'The Old Ones'
... Gregg Burke - URI Sports
2012 NCAA Women's Basketball East Regional
Music by: Daniel Ouellette and the Shobijin
Steve Laffey & Dr Stephen Skoly
Executive Producers of 'Fixing America' - a documentary about the national debt and the US trade deficit

WE WILL BE JOINED BY MICHAEL JOHNSON ON VOCALS, (Villager) ON BASS AND (Twid) ON GUITAR! Tune in!
To the Studio Audience!

The guests arrive at 7pm,
The studio's address is:
670 Narragansett Park Drive in Pawtucket
Please write Bob Venturini for tickets
bob@bobsadventures.com

An Hour with Bob airs 3 times each week State-wide on Channels 13, 32 & CH 49 @ 11:00pm Thursday, 10:00pm Friday, 1:00pm Sat
Plus, the show will also air on Cox18 and Verizon 31 @ 11:00pm Saturday and 10:30pm Monday
also: on Fall River Ch 95 Wednesdays @ 6:00pm

Hey, cool, we're in CAPS! Anyway, if you're in the Rhode Island area and are free, I hope you can come by, and for the rest of you, I'll see if there's some sort of way to see it over the internet.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Ok, so that was a fun show. It's airing/aired tonight, but I'm still looking on where to find clips online.

NEXT UP-

Anne Marie's sister Theresa and I will be playing Irish folk music Saturday, March 10th at 1:00pm at the Lower Mills branch of the Boston Public Library.

Time to remember the songs I drank away from last year.

Unfortunately, it looks like I may not be playing at The Auld Sod on St. Patrick's Day as a result of the owner not getting a hold of Eamonn the squeezebox player.

Nephew Twiddleton

Whoo. Ok, just as a heads up I might not post much this week. I'm including some songs that I didn't last week and they're taking some figuring out.

It's around this time that I realize that old songs often have the same melody but not the same chord progressions and I have to figure out which simultaneously works best for both my hands and my larynx.

Nephew Twiddleton

Oddly enough, the song I foresee myself fucking up on is the The Boys Are Back In Town by Thin Lizzy- the only song in the set that is rock and not Irish folk (unless you want to count Whiskey In The Jar, which was a folk song before Thin Lizzy, Metallica and the Grateful Dead did it). It's an interesting difference- rock songs I have to memorize, but Irish folk songs I can get away with just having lead sheets as long as I know the vocal melody.

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, for Boys Are Back In Town, I'm making this lyrical adaption:

Friday night they'll be dressed to kill
Down at Eris Bar and Grill

(original lyric is Dino's Bar and Grill)

Nephew Twiddleton

Nephew Twiddleton

Guess i should stick to rock/metal. Or hang it up. Or something.

Anyway friday the 11th daniel ouellette will be playing in plymouth. This gig will feature anne marie of anarchangel on backing vocals deirdre (villager) of anarchangel on bass and kevin (twid) of anarchangel on guitar making this the first time that a majority of anarchangel has perfromed on stage with someone else at the same time. Buttons will not be playing drums and pat will not be playing guitar for reasons i dont know.

Also at this point any gigs i have should be understood as daniel ouellette shows until late july.

Phox

HEY! I did NOT steal away your rapier!  :argh!:

I just threw in the lake.

hirley0

EVEN later yet
Quote from: Phox, Mistress of Many Names on May 08, 2012, 01:48:48 AM
Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 08, 2012, 01:30:08 AM
The more important question is did you take me charges and fill them up with water?

Even more important than that is what hirley means.
Well, of course. How else was I supposed to ensure Cap'n Farell's victory?
look its pdx the port city where the ACT shion will take place. As In InVAsion

10 eb 6/21 Mission | links later {maybe
LATER = 8 O'clock report$
http://events.kgw.com/?nTar=OPUR&iq_id=14259204 { kgw is the local tv van
http://events.kgw.com/?nTar=OPUR&iq_id=14259204 {{ pick Ur dates ?/?
}}} :fnord:  ? this pdx ? :fnord:

Nephew Twiddleton

The more important question is did you take me charges and fill them up with water?

Phox

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Phox, Mistress of Many Names on May 08, 2012, 01:48:48 AM

Pfft. We'll see what me brother in the army has to say about that. I think he's stationed in Cork or in Killarney.

Wait... I have a brother? Fuck! No one told me!

Phox

:lulz:

I liked them all, and I'm happy to hear that you picked the correct version of the lyrics for "Whiskey in the Jar".  :lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Phox, Mistress of Many Names on May 08, 2012, 05:19:29 AM
:lulz:

I liked them all, and I'm happy to hear that you picked the correct version of the lyrics for "Whiskey in the Jar".  :lulz:

Those lyrics are my favorite version. Screw Thin Lizzy for messing it up and misleading Metallica.  :wink:

Nephew Twiddleton

Well, it's official now, I have a solo project.

I have an acoustic gig in Salem on August 16. The original intent was to play Irish music. Now, I'm still going to do that, but I'm going to mix them up with some originals and some covers. Exactly how the percentages will work out aren't clear to me yet. I might do an Anarchangel song, some stuff that's been on the back burner for a while and needs dusting off, and some interesting covers. I think I'm going to cover this song if I can learn it in time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lLi1pa4FUw

or some other song by them. I guess that's part of it- I want to cover a couple of songs that are maybe not as well known. Obviously I should do one or two that are well known so people can sing along if they want to or not.

So I'll take suggestions for any of the categories, or maybe some advice that would interest you enough in one guy and his guitar to follow him around a bit and try and keep up to date with what he's doing.

This is a very amorphous side project. I don't exactly know what my focus is going to be, I just want to keep the punters interested.

Hell, I don't even know what to call it. It's not like my name exactly rolls off the tongue.