News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Slow cooked pulled Suupork.

Started by Suu, May 01, 2013, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Take crockpot.
Line the bottom with onions and garlic. I like to leave them chunky since the boy is not a huge onion eater, but he likes the flavor it lends to the foods. I also use twice as much garlic than I should.
Add chicken stock and vegetable oil. About a cup of stock and a teaspoon of oil should work.

Put the slab of pork on top of the goop .

Assemble stuff. The vodka bottle is actually holding homemade hard cider, I'm using that instead of cider vinegar BECAUSE WE HAVE SO MUCH OF IT, and it's terrible...but great with pork. I only have dark brown sugar instead of light brown, and no mustard. I almost used Nam-Pla instead of Worcestershire, but that got shot down, because of the "aroma".  :lulz:

Slather. Sprinkle with pepper and cumin.

See ya'll in 5 hours.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Now, the secret to any good barbecue is the side dishes. sure, you could throw it on a roll and call it a sammich, OR, you can clog your arteries the way I grew up with it, and serve it with cornbread and macaroni and cheese. I don't have any corn on the cob, though.  :sad:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

So no shit there I was, minding my business as I always do...I pick up the cheese sauce packet for the mac and cheese, and it rips as I'm trying to shake the powder down so I can tear it. Needless to say, it looked like Oompa Loompas have been snorting lines in my kitchen...MY NICE. CLEAN. KITCHEN.

...yes I'm using boxed mac and cheese. Bite me. I'm not going to make REAL macaroni and cheese for two people. I'm not. It's bad enough I have a 5lb slab of pork I just converted into barbecue, so we'll just say it adds to the white trashiness of the meal. Complete with Jiffy brand cornbread.

BEHOLD:

I seriously just pulled the spine and ribs out in almost one fell swoop. I wanted to cry.

Q. G. Pennyworth

We need to have delicious food parties. BADLY.

Suu

I couldn't help it. Instagram is for food.

You're in New England, aren't you? Which means you live way too far away and still within 50 miles.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Suu on May 01, 2013, 10:40:10 PM
You're in New England, aren't you? Which means you live way too far away and still within 50 miles.

Just north of Boston, it's not too bad.

Suu

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on May 01, 2013, 10:43:54 PM

That means 60 miles. Damn. I better pack a lunch and an overnight bag.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Suu on May 01, 2013, 10:50:31 PM
Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on May 01, 2013, 10:43:54 PM

That means 60 miles. Damn. I better pack a lunch and an overnight bag.

We have a guest room!

Pergamos

My favorite use of pulled pork is pulled pork nachos.  They are incredible or pulled pork on a baked potato, which around here is called a ploughboy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on May 02, 2013, 12:23:45 PM
My favorite use of pulled pork is pulled pork nachos.  They are incredible or pulled pork on a baked potato, which around here is called a ploughboy.

Mmmmm maybe I want a baked potato.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."