News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

On St. Gulik

Started by 1Yacatismic1, August 06, 2007, 02:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Yacatismic1

Ah, Saint Gulik, how often have we heard of you? No saint, except for perhaps Professor Promeththem the very chimp who gave the HODGE PODGE to THE ELDER ONES, is less heard from as you are.

But that is because few Discordians, FRUtestent or Chaothilic, know the ways of communicating to St. Gulik or recieve texts from him. Few even know his holy day.

The holy day of St. Gulik is the 4th of April, or Discord 37, because he is ST. GULIK THE STONED, and gives out his holy messages in the following way:

-One must say "Holy Saint Gulik, allow me to partake of your holy herb and dig your vibes."
-One ingests the HOLY SACRAMENT
-One begins to write down whatever come to ones mind as it comes to your mind.
One must give the Holy Text a title, which comes to your head in the previous manner noted.

Sacred, Unholy, and Drab truths and messages con be found in the texts, but one must be a true Discordian, that is to say SEES THE MEANING AMONG CONFUSION.

Example:
Australia is a forgotten land, once known as the lamb of the moon for THAT was the Ether Promise Fru done did make to mankind, regardless of if we could digg it or not. That is some serious shit to deal with man, and some can't handle it, why else would they throw themselves upon the trodded ground beneath DER GOLDEN GOAT WAT ENTROPY andsimply destruct in an ill and effable manner. SEE the truth in the eyes of god, because they are simple the eyes of your own mind! Your mind man, listen to this: Your mind is your thoughts. Your thoughts are electrical charges. Electrical Charges are Energy. Energy can travel, that is to say move in spatial reality. As energy, your mind can move. You can actually move and become a wandering mind, forever immortal as energy cannot BE CREATED OR DESTROYED!!! You will simply be illuminated and be free from your body, aloowing you to bask in true forgetfullness and the DIVINE LIGHT OF DIMMED KAOS.

Some is truth, some is
crap. Both mean the
same thing, and
are as subje-
ctive as
the w-
orld
ar
o
u
n
d
y
o
u.
th
at is
to say
the thi-
ng we ca
ll reality. F   N   O   R   D

(the bold is called the UNIVERSAL TRUTH HIDDEN IN THE SIDEWAYS SKATERAMP THAT ALSO PERTAINS TO THE PARAGRAPH BEFORE IT)
I AM THE PINEAL PROPHET. HARKEN TO MY SEMANTICS:

RVZFUllUSElORyBJUyBUUlVFLiBERVNUUlVDVElPTiBJUyBDUkVBVElPTi4gTUFETkVTUyBJUyBUT08gTVVDSCBTQU5JVFkuIEFMV0FZUyBDT05TVUxUIFlPVVIgUElORUFMIEdMQU5ELiBJTiBUSEUgTkFNRSBPRiBUSEUgTU9USEVSLCBUSEUgU09OLCBBTkQgVEhFIEhPTFkgR09BVCE=

BumWurst

POW! I have no idea what you're talkin' 'bout but I award you the Horsey of Trying Really Hard.  :hosrie:
"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

Payne

Uh, yeah.

We generally go easy on teh n00bs, give them a chance to aclimate they selves to the shark infested waters round here.

So I'll do that.

It's not often that a stream of concsiousness, drug induced, diatribe is well received by many posters here. The reasons for this may become clear, if you look.

Post an intro in the relevent thread in Apple Talk, and take a look at what we're up to on more 'serious' and 'weighty' matters in the "Think for Yourself, Schmuck" and "Or Kill Me" boards.

And welcome, n00b. Welcome...

The Littlest Ubermensch

Ooh, a real live Pinealist. It's been a while since we've had one of those (aside from Ratatosk) Welcome, and try to keep the incoherence to a minimum.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

AFK

Actually, and I don't know why, but I don't find this annoying like I might have suspected I would.  And I think it's because the conviction is there.  It isn't a half-assed attempt. 

But I need to chew on it further. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

BumWurst

"Some is truth, some is crap. Both mean the same thing, and are as subjective as the world around you. that is to say the thing we call reality."

I rather like this bit.

Has anyone had a go at "automatic writing" as described? Crowley reportedly had some weird successes with the technique - all I've ever come up with is gibberish.
"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

AFK

Yeah, I've done it a few times, but I'm not sure if anything of any great import came out of it. 

Payne

Yeah, my friend and I once wrote an entire tract of stoned ramblings. It made for some good in jokes between us, but nothing else.

(To this day, I only have to mention Hitlers Pie Cutter, or the secret layer of "Atmo-Grass" to have him in stitches...)

Cramulus

Welcome aboard, Yacatismic!

I enjoyed your post. St. Gulik has always been one of the most mysterious Discordian figures to me. I like the notion of connecting Gulik's Sacrament with freewriting, and then trying to find truth in whatever mess one spills out. Very Burroughs.

I used to do a lot of automatic writing. And though I think it's possible to find great personal meaning in it, it's also important (as you say) to recognize that even great personal truths are crap nonsense. But Bullshit makes the flowers grow and all that.

Also, I giggled openly at the word "Chaothilic".  :p

Nice work!

1Yacatismic1

Well, I would say that overall I was recieved well.  Very good for a first post! I thank you all for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to digging my own niche on the forums!

RVZFUllUSElORyBJUyBUUlVFLiBERVNUUlVDVElPTiBJUyBDUkVBVElPTi4gTUFETkVTUyBJUyBUT08gTVVDSCBTQU5JVFkuIEFMV0FZUyBDT05TVUxUIFlPVVIgUElORUFMIEdMQU5ELiBJTiBUSEUgTkFNRSBPRiBUSEUgTU9USEVSLCBUSEUgU09OLCBBTkQgVEhFIEhPTFkgR09BVCE=

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Payne on August 06, 2007, 03:35:09 PM
Yeah, my friend and I once wrote an entire tract of stoned ramblings. It made for some good in jokes between us, but nothing else.

(To this day, I only have to mention Hitlers Pie Cutter, or the secret layer of "Atmo-Grass" to have him in stitches...)

Yeah. Likewise. All my stoned/drunken ramblings are hidden away from prying eyes of the world, because OH SWEET JESUS...

I'd be more okay with the original post if we could just sort of shave out the stoner stuff. Because honestly, couldn't the world as a whole move past the idea of "pot is the gift of the gods, stoned = super deep, etc"?
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

AFK

Quote from: 1Yacatismic1 on August 07, 2007, 05:37:35 PM
Well, I would say that overall I was recieved well.  Very good for a first post! I thank you all for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to digging my own niche on the forums!

Just make sure you call ahead to verify you are in a "dig safe" area.   :fnord:

1Yacatismic1

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on August 07, 2007, 05:50:33 PM
Quote from: Payne on August 06, 2007, 03:35:09 PM

I'd be more okay with the original post if we could just sort of shave out the stoner stuff. Because honestly, couldn't the world as a whole move past the idea of "pot is the gift of the gods, stoned = super deep, etc"?

I don't think like that. Its just...well he IS Saint Gulik the Stoned.

AFK

Because he is a roach after all. 
I guess Praying Mantis would've limited the possibilities for nyuks and double entendres. 

1Yacatismic1

And then he would have been eaten by a female of the species.