News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

New on Discovery Channel: Sarah Palin's Alaska!

Started by Remington, April 30, 2010, 09:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

http://news.suite101.com/article.cfm/sarah-palin-hosting-series-on-tlc-a226445
QuoteIn a move that may defy logic, The Discovery Company hired Sarah Palin to host an eight part series on TLC titled: "Sarah Palin's Alaska."
Discovery Company

The Discovery Company owns educational television channels such as the Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel ("TLC"), Animal Planet and Science Planet. These channels have earned their reputation of airing informative, scientific and educational programs about the Earth, weather patterns, animal habitats and ecological issues, to name a few.

Mark Burnett worked with Discovery from 1996 to 1999 producing "Eco-Challenge," which was the predecessor of his wildly successful "Survivor" series. Burnett is teaming up with Discovery again to produce "Sarah Palin's Alaska."

Sarah Palin on Environmental Issues

Gazelle Emami at The Huffington Post .com refers to Palin as a "notorious anti-environmentalist" in her article dated March 25, 2010 ("Sarah Palin teams Up With Discovery Company") Emami chronicles Palin's most anti-environment policies, including:

* Palin fought the federal government's decision to include polar bears on the endangered species list.
    * Palin pushed to drill for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is home to unique and diverse arctic species. The protection and preservation of these areas is vital to the world as we know it.
    * Sarah Palin continues to deny that human activities cause global warming and global climate change. She has gone so far as to write in the Washington Post Op-Ed section, "While we recognize the occurrence of these natural, cyclical environmental trends, we can't say with assurance that man's activities cause weather changes. We can say, however, that any potential benefits of proposed emissions reduction policies are far outweighed by their economic costs."
    * Had Measure 2 in Alaska been passed, it would have banned the practice of gunning down wolves from aircraft. This method of wolf control is considered cruel and is extremely painful for the wolves. Palin spent $400,000 of Alaska's money fighting Measure 2.
    * Palin also came out against Alaska's Measure 4. Measure 4 was a clean water initiative aimed at protecting Bristol Bay, which is one of the world's most productive salmon fisheries.

Read more at Suite101: Sarah Palin Hosting Series on TLC http://news.suite101.com/article.cfm/sarah-palin-hosting-series-on-tlc-a226445#ixzz0mcJmdCNd

This is gonna be good.
Is it plugged in?

Kai

Fuck her. Fuck her REALLY. With a hot iron poker.

Who the fuck ARE these people and why the fuck are they in MY COUNTRY!?  :argh!:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Requia ☣

They're the Real Americans.  The ones that have bought into the big lies and really *believe* in this country.

You on the other hand are a Godless Commie who doesn't Believe that everything will work out because this is America, and America is the bestest country ever.

You're ruining it Kai, you have to Believe or God won't grant the prayers of the Real Americans.   :lulz:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Kai on May 01, 2010, 04:21:34 AM

Who the fuck ARE these people and why the fuck are they in MY COUNTRY!?  :argh!:

Obligatory: Why do you hate America™?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Salty

They were awfully close to shutting down pebble mine-people do care quite a bit for fish here-then BAM full page ad in the paper with Sarah holding a huge salmon talking about how wonderful the wildlife protection measures we already have are, and that the mine would in no way harm anything.

And that was that.

No one's even that bothered that she quit before the end of her term.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Remington

It's too late, Kai. Palin is on the channel devoted to MOTHERFUCKING ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE. IT IS TOO LATE.
Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Edward II?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Remington on May 01, 2010, 04:50:32 AM

It's too late, Kai. Palin is on the channel devoted to MOTHERFUCKING ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE. IT IS TOO LATE.

:asplode:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Remington on May 01, 2010, 04:50:32 AM

It's too late, Kai. Palin is on the channel devoted to MOTHERFUCKING ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE "PARANORMAL RESEARCH". IT IS TOO LATE.

And this is why it doesn't matter.
Molon Lube

BADGE OF HONOR

No, that's the history channel actually.  Discovery channel is devoted to reality shows about loggers and crab fishermen.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on May 02, 2010, 10:26:52 PM
No, that's the history channel actually.  Discovery channel is devoted to reality shows about loggers and crab fishermen.

Oh, okay.  I can't keep them straight, as I don't watch TV. 
Molon Lube

BADGE OF HONOR

I don't either really, it's always on at work.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Telarus

No, there's been plenty of "Ghost Hunters" and "A Haunting" type shows, which piss me the fuck off because my 10 yr old really likes to watch Discovery channel for all the nature and survival shows (and dig's Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs).

So then I have to spend a half hour explaining to him that these shows are filmed after the fact (usually) or just edit out all the boring "waiting around for something weird to happen", and just focus on the supposedly 'weird' events and hype them into some b/s "really-real" reality tht they sell to viewers.

Don't get me wrong, I leave the possibilities open. But these shows are DOING IT WRONG, and it's messing with my child's ability to discern fact from fiction.  :argh!:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Telarus on May 03, 2010, 12:04:56 AM
No, there's been plenty of "Ghost Hunters" and "A Haunting" type shows, which piss me the fuck off because my 10 yr old really likes to watch Discovery channel for all the nature and survival shows (and dig's Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs).

So then I have to spend a half hour explaining to him that these shows are filmed after the fact (usually) or just edit out all the boring "waiting around for something weird to happen", and just focus on the supposedly 'weird' events and hype them into some b/s "really-real" reality tht they sell to viewers.

Don't get me wrong, I leave the possibilities open. But these shows are DOING IT WRONG, and it's messing with my child's ability to discern fact from fiction.  :argh!:

Then stop teaching your kid with the television.
Molon Lube