CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

DON'T BE AFRAID, WE'RE ONLY JOKING

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 24, 2012, 01:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

No, it's hilarious, cuz liek HE gonn' be daed, too!  It's like a moovie or somthin.

Cain

That's pretty disgusting.  And worrying.

I always said, if I moved to the USA, I'd likely refuse to discuss my politics in public.  And apply for a concealed carry permit as soon as reasonably possible, if I gave in to the temptation to do so.  Of course, I'm fairly lucky in that I also don't have a family to consider.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2012, 01:10:42 AM

I always said, if I moved to the USA, I'd likely refuse to discuss my politics in public.  And apply for a concealed carry permit as soon as reasonably possible, if I gave in to the temptation to do so.  Of course, I'm fairly lucky in that I also don't have a family to consider.

If you move to Tucson, you don't need a concealed permit.  Any yahoo can walk around with a pistol stuffed in his jacket pocket.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That commenter Bruce Johnson; I like his style.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 24, 2012, 01:14:24 AM
Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2012, 01:10:42 AM

If you move to Tucson, you don't need a concealed permit.  Any yahoo can walk around with a pistol stuffed in his jacket pocket.

Up until Giffords got shot in the head, I would have considered Tuscon one of the safer places in the southern US to talk about politics.

Then again, Loughner is a bit of an unfair one, given he is actually mentally unhinged.  I mean, you have to be unhinged in a way to do the above as well, but not "the government is using semantics to control my mind" unhinged.

Juana

I don't know. I'm pretty open about my politics and I don't think I've ever had anyone get aggressive. Granted, this is California, but where I live is Tea Bagger central for the state.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."