News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Joe Leiberman read the Constitution very carefully before he proposed this.

Started by Requia ☣, May 07, 2010, 05:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/36741.html
Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) thinks he's found a work-around on the whole Miranda rights debate for U.S. citizens accused of terrorism: Strip their citizenship and ship them to Guantanamo.

Lieberman plans to introduce a bill that would amend a decades-old law aimed at yanking citizenship from U.S. citizens who fight for a foreign military.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Nast

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 07, 2010, 05:29:34 AM
Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) thinks he's found a work-around on the whole Miranda rights debate for U.S. citizens accused of terrorism: Strip their citizenship and ship them to Guantanamo.

Lieberman plans to introduce a bill that would amend a decades-old law aimed at yanking citizenship from U.S. citizens who fight for a foreign military.

:asplode:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Juana

Don't we read immigrants (of any variety) their Mirandas? I'm pretty sure we do.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Requia ☣

Quote from: Hover Cat on May 07, 2010, 05:41:27 AM
Don't we read immigrants (of any variety) their Mirandas? I'm pretty sure we do.

We do yeah.  There's also the bit that you have the rights regardless of if you get read them (which is why cops like to question suspects without arresting them if possible, no need to read them the rights, and not everybody knows them).
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Juana

Then this, plus the various rulings by the Supreme Court on the issue of suspects in Gitmo, should make it illegal. That doesn't mean it isn't going to happen anyway, but still.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

LMNO

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 07, 2010, 05:29:34 AM

Please note the above emphasis.

I'm laughing until blood drips from my ears.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Wow.

Liberman is one of America's greatest shitbags. How is he still in in the senate?

LMNO

Doktor Howl

This is only what the American public has been demanding.

I sort of long for the day when it's used for even funnier purposes.
Molon Lube

Mangrove

Dear other states that aren't CT,

As a resident of Connecticut, I'd like to apologize for:

a) George W Bush. (The fake, hilarity inducing Texan & former president)

b) Senator Christopher Dodd - for his legislation that ended up protecting AIG pay bonuses after the economy went splodey in 2008.

c) NYC car bomber guy. Though, there's probably not a lot of difference between parts of Bridgeport and a terrorist training camp in Pakistan.

d) Crazy chimpanzees that rip your face & hands off.

e) Sen Joseph Leiberman - Treacherous douchebag.

f) The Jerry Springer Show - now filmed in CT because it's cheaper.

g) Cainad. (kidding)

For these and other crimes this state has committed against the US, I apologize.

Mangrove
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

I just don't get Joe.  What the hell is going through that man's head? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mangrove

John Stewart on Lieberman:

[deeply unflattering pic of Joe on screen]

JS: Who could get mad at a face like that?.........That is his face, right?

:lulz:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Hover Cat on May 07, 2010, 05:41:27 AM
It shouldn't matter what their citizenship is. The Bill of Rights doesn't say "US citizens", it says "people".
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Mangrove on May 07, 2010, 09:45:31 PM
Dear other states that aren't CT,

As a resident of Connecticut, I'd like to apologize for:

g) Cainad. (kidding)

Someone has to eventually. It's either you guys or Hawaii.

Jenne

And where's the so-called ALL RIGHTS UNLIMITED TO BE PROTECTED Tea-Party on this?

Oh yeah, cheering. :kingmeh: