News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Hipsters fucking love the hurdy-gurdy

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 18, 2010, 09:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cudgel on September 19, 2010, 11:21:04 PM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 19, 2010, 11:18:34 PM
Quote from: Cudgel on September 19, 2010, 11:07:12 PM
Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on September 19, 2010, 10:17:45 PM
This Thread = Filthy Hipsters discussing the prices of disgusting Hipster drinks.

This thread makes me want to drink

Dude. Consuming liquids is SOOOOO mainstream.

Dude. Breathing is soooooooo mainstream.

Thats why I have gills.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Sigmatic on September 19, 2010, 07:47:48 PM
One time, I saw a guy with mutton chops and buddy holly glasses riding a bicycle in cowboy boots.

Me:   :(

I saw I guy riding a tall bike down Belmont wearing black-framed glasses and a hooded wizard cape. I laughed so hard that I almost got run over.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 19, 2010, 06:28:15 PM
Fuck you I love the hurdy-gurdy.  Hurdy-gurdies are fucking metal:

evidence:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DYKsQqQgSk

RWHN,
Heavy Metal Hipster

Self contradictory. Hipsters assimilate Metal culture for their own ironic and retro purposes.
Metalheads have a sense of trveness, and an unassuageable instinct to destroy the hipster for said cultural assimilation.

Behold the use of Judas Priest iconography for Weezer. It is blasphemy of the worst type. The infidels and heretics must be purged.

Doktor Blight,
An un-ironic Metalhead
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on September 19, 2010, 09:40:58 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 19, 2010, 08:02:29 PM
Speaking of hipsters, one of the bars by my house now has PBR on tap.

I didn't even know it CAME that way! The only benefit to PBR is that it's cheap. If it's on tap it better be like $.75/pint.

Except when the bartenders catch on and start charging close to $4 for PBR because it's suddenly popular and trendy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 20, 2010, 12:32:17 AM
Quote from: Sigmatic on September 19, 2010, 07:47:48 PM
One time, I saw a guy with mutton chops and buddy holly glasses riding a bicycle in cowboy boots.

Me:   :(

I saw I guy riding a tall bike down Belmont wearing black-framed glasses and a hooded wizard cape. I laughed so hard that I almost got run over.

Due to this post, I think that whenever I have the misfortune of spending too much time in Allston I will intentionally laugh and point at the hipsters going "You're a fucking hipster! Stop conforming!"

E.O.T.

RWHN,
Heavy Metal Hipster

THOSE TWO GIRLS

ought to start their own band.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hover Cat on September 19, 2010, 09:57:03 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 19, 2010, 09:40:01 PM
If other people see you as a hipster, you are one. No hipster EVER self-identifies as a hipster!
I believe you might be the only one who has ever suggested that, lol.

Oh, by no means. It was a new concept to me until a few weeks ago. But since it was brought to my attention, I've observed that it's true.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 20, 2010, 12:58:50 AM

RWHN,
Heavy Metal Hipster

Self contradictory. Hipsters assimilate Metal culture for their own ironic and retro purposes.
Metalheads have a sense of trveness, and an unassuageable instinct to destroy the hipster for said cultural assimilation.

Behold the use of Judas Priest iconography for Weezer. It is blasphemy of the worst type. The infidels and heretics must be purged.

Doktor Blight,
An un-ironic Metalhead

Um.

Pretty much EVERYONE who was a metalhead after 1990 is a hipster.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

I assume that you're just trying to get peoples' goats, because THAT statement is patently ridiculous.

Or, you may just not know any real metalheads.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 20, 2010, 04:37:36 AM
I assume that you're just trying to get peoples' goats, because THAT statement is just patently ridiculous. You may just not know any real metalheads.

"Real metalheads" who discovered metal after 1990??? That's like being a "real punk" who discovered punk rock after 1990.

Pretty much all hipsters do is A. deny being hipsters, and B. make fun of people they think are hipsters. That, and play the "realer than you" game.

And love hurdy-gurdies.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Juana

I think I'm going to introduce my violin-playing sister to these. I want her to learn it

Quote from: Nigel on September 20, 2010, 04:31:49 AM
Quote from: Hover Cat on September 19, 2010, 09:57:03 PM
Quote from: Nigel on September 19, 2010, 09:40:01 PM
If other people see you as a hipster, you are one. No hipster EVER self-identifies as a hipster!
I believe you might be the only one who has ever suggested that, lol.

Oh, by no means. It was a new concept to me until a few weeks ago. But since it was brought to my attention, I've observed that it's true.
Oh, ok, lol. I'm definitely inclined to agree with you on them never self-identifying as such.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

E.O.T.

Quote from: Nigel on September 20, 2010, 04:36:01 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 20, 2010, 12:58:50 AM

RWHN,
Heavy Metal Hipster

Doktor Blight,
An un-ironic Metalhead

Um.

Pretty much EVERYONE who was a metalhead after 1990 is a hipster.

OH,

you mean like YOU - who just got into STRYPER, WINGER & KYX in the last few years because I turned you onto them?!

ALSO;

-don't mess with the metalheads cuz they're like fucking librarians of guitar and you CANNOT WIN!!
"a good fight justifies any cause"