News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Christmas Presents by PD'ers

Started by Cramulus, November 17, 2011, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

I have 12 copies of MSY1 left, but I highly doubt the story will ever be finished.

So, if anyone's in the market for 1/6th of a graphic novel story, let me know.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2011, 04:19:03 PM
I have 12 copies of MSY1 left, but I highly doubt the story will ever be finished.

:cry: It sure would be great if you could ever find an artist who didn't completely flake out on you or take the money and run, Roger. That was such a great series.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2011, 04:19:03 PM

Once I get a new scanner it'll be finished. Don't think I haven't forgotten.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 18, 2011, 01:24:51 PM
This is what I have.  Some of you are already getting it.

PM address if you want one.

Is there any way I can send you money without PayPal? I finally do have a creditcard btw, but don't really want to get PayPal.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

When you get the package, check on the front to see how much it cost to send to you, and mail me something back of equal postal value.

Suu

Oh, and every time I try to work on MSY, something horrible happens. First the bin where I was keeping all of the boards got flooded when water came in through my window, then I got bedbugs, and I moved the bin into storage so they wouldn't get in it, then I moved into a place that gave me zero motivation because I was afraid the fucking ceiling or windows were going to give at any minute, then my computer died, and I lost all of my original scans because my hard drive can't be recovered, and THEN, my scanner died.

Fortunately, I've been more productive in the 2 weeks I've lived here then I have been since I lived at the Monastery. I have a nice room where I have my drafting table set up, I just need to grab a couple more pencils and some new ink brushes next time I'm at an art store (and remember) and I'm good to go. I just want to try a different format for setting the books up, and I need InDesign, which I'm going to try to steal commandeer borrow at work.

Jenne

I used to make picture frames, Christmas ornaments, scrapbooks to put pictures in, greeting cards, homemade stockings and treeskirts...I was quite crafty in my stay-at-home-mom-hood.  Nowadays, my "art" is relegated to helping the kids with their poster projects from school assignments.  :lol:

I'm pathetic. 

One thing I'd like to try one year when I'm not working my ass off in either the job, the kids' schooling or PTA, is to take sweaters bought cheap at a resale store like Goodwill, boil them down and make scarves, hats and mittens from them.  Or even a vest or two.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 18, 2011, 04:36:42 PM
Oh, and every time I try to work on MSY, something horrible happens. First the bin where I was keeping all of the boards got flooded when water came in through my window, then I got bedbugs, and I moved the bin into storage so they wouldn't get in it, then I moved into a place that gave me zero motivation because I was afraid the fucking ceiling or windows were going to give at any minute, then my computer died, and I lost all of my original scans because my hard drive can't be recovered, and THEN, my scanner died.

Fortunately, I've been more productive in the 2 weeks I've lived here then I have been since I lived at the Monastery. I have a nice room where I have my drafting table set up, I just need to grab a couple more pencils and some new ink brushes next time I'm at an art store (and remember) and I'm good to go. I just want to try a different format for setting the books up, and I need InDesign, which I'm going to try to steal commandeer borrow at work.

It's a little late for that.  The local distributor dropped me months ago.  We could make it available for PDers, I suppose.

Thing is, I am never doing another graphic novel.  The artist on #3 flaked out on me as well, and I'm out quite a C-notes with nothing at all to show for it, except a name in the local market as one who can't make a deadline, along with 99% of writers and artists.  The entire series should have been done by now, and even the pessimistic schedule I gave Charley has now been blown by over a year.  He's already told me he won't carry my stuff because of this.  This means zero hope of making any non-PD sales, which means certain red ink.

I will in fact say that I am never doing a collaborative project ever again.  If I publish something, it's going to be text.  If I decide on illustrations, it's cash on the fucking barrelhead.  None of this "pay in advance" shit (which I normally would never have done anyway), and nothing at all without a contract.

If I sound a little bitter, it's because I am.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 18, 2011, 04:33:11 PM
When you get the package, check on the front to see how much it cost to send to you, and mail me something back of equal postal value.

You mean something of similar value as your priceless CD that costs about the same to ship?

I'm really bad for that I never even managed to answer Roger's letter either. I'll have to think about this cause I don't want to make a promise I can't keep.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

LMNO

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 18, 2011, 05:26:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 18, 2011, 04:33:11 PM

You mean something of similar value as your priceless CD that costs about the same to ship?

Something like that.  Whatever you think is fair.

Triple Zero

Ok will let you know when I think of something extremely awesome that is slightly larger than a CD :)

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2011, 04:56:21 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 18, 2011, 04:36:42 PM

It's a little late for that.  The local distributor dropped me months ago.  We could make it available for PDers, I suppose.

Thing is, I am never doing another graphic novel.  The artist on #3 flaked out on me as well, and I'm out quite a C-notes with nothing at all to show for it, except a name in the local market as one who can't make a deadline, along with 99% of writers and artists.  The entire series should have been done by now, and even the pessimistic schedule I gave Charley has now been blown by over a year.  He's already told me he won't carry my stuff because of this.  This means zero hope of making any non-PD sales, which means certain red ink.

I will in fact say that I am never doing a collaborative project ever again.  If I publish something, it's going to be text.  If I decide on illustrations, it's cash on the fucking barrelhead.  None of this "pay in advance" shit (which I normally would never have done anyway), and nothing at all without a contract.

If I sound a little bitter, it's because I am.

You have every right to be bitter, but you also never told me about the local distributor or anything. And I will gladly refund the money you gave me if that's what you want, but you never asked. The fact that our schedules conflict and are controlled by a gap of two timezones doesn't help, either. If you want to talk about this on the phone at some point in time next week, let me know, and I can see what I can do, in my power, to make this work.

Either way, I need to get back to work, and out of this room where I'm being leered at by construction workers while I sew for a bit.

LMNO

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 18, 2011, 05:33:14 PM
Ok will let you know when I think of something extremely awesome that is slightly larger than a CD :)

In the meantime, PM me your address so I can figure out how much it will be to ship.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 18, 2011, 05:43:36 PM
You have every right to be bitter, but you also never told me about the local distributor or anything. And I will gladly refund the money you gave me if that's what you want, but you never asked. The fact that our schedules conflict and are controlled by a gap of two timezones doesn't help, either. If you want to talk about this on the phone at some point in time next week, let me know, and I can see what I can do, in my power, to make this work.

Either way, I need to get back to work, and out of this room where I'm being leered at by construction workers while I sew for a bit.

Forget it.  You haven't got the means to pay me back, and I've written it off as the cost of my continuing education.