News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 06, 2015, 05:25:44 PM
How the hell are they going to keep that anonymous and secure?

OK, I jumped the gun based on a webpage at my university. We aren't actually voting online, we're just registering and tracking our ballots online. We still actually vote the old-fashioned way, by giving our ballots to the mailman.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2015, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 06, 2015, 04:48:58 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 05, 2015, 06:51:00 PM
Deciding how petty I want to be.

Someone sprung a surprise inspection on my kitchen today.  Said kitchen is a mess, because I'm in the middle of essay fever, and because I do my writing in the kitchen (its the room with a lounge).  Thing is, I took some time out to check the exact rights I have here, and despite my contract stating that this is a licensed occupancy, the actual conditions mean I'm an assured shorthold tenant, and so they can't simply come barging in here.

Funny thing is, they've screwed themselves on the contract.  They want to claim I am a licensee, but service occupancy only occurs if I'm required to live in, as part of my job.  And I'm not.  So they can either choose to treat me as a licensee, but negate my rent (as its required for the job), or else they have to give the same rights any private tenant has.  I wont push that just yet, as the company is going to restructure the whole rent system over the summer...but I'll keep it in mind, if they try anything foolish.

That's SO FUCKED UP. I hope that however it plays out, when you leave you nail their balls for SOMETHING.

Angry email was sent.

I'm looking for another job anyway, but seriously.  It's like people here need laws to make them not act like dickweeds...referencing common decency is not sufficient.

In other news, Joss Whedon is a sexist pig and piece of shit:

https://imgur.com/a/il1rT

Yes, we've reached the point where self-described feminist creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is sexist.

Those people aren't even literate. I don't think they know what "sexist" means.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 06, 2015, 05:38:37 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 06, 2015, 04:54:50 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 06, 2015, 04:57:44 AM
Quote from: Metal Bear on May 06, 2015, 03:58:23 AM
Move to Texas you'll get shanked! Do it for the children!

This is going to be just another way for you Texans to insist that the USA listen to the sounds of insects having sex and calling it soothing music while you pollute the air with the strains of some idiot with a ukulele wailing about consumption and sodomy.

Oh, wait.  Shit.  That's Portland.

:spittake:

Am I wrong?

No, you're spot-on. It's perfect.  :lulz:

Faust

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 06, 2015, 06:34:42 PM
I have a feeling that Jeremy Renner calling BW a "slut" didn't help matters.
That was sexist and really creepy to watch

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on May 06, 2015, 06:24:53 PM
I haven't seen Age of Ultron yet, does this have something to do with Black Widow not getting EXACTLY what the hive mind wanted, in a movie with 800 characters?

People are idiots and the only sexest thing about the film is that theres not enough Avenger women.
It loooks like joss Weadon didnt read my tumblr post of 1001 and one things that women in superhero films must do to negate his cis white privilege, obviously he is a a sexist piece of shit and basically human grabage.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on May 06, 2015, 07:49:20 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 06, 2015, 06:34:42 PM
I have a feeling that Jeremy Renner calling BW a "slut" didn't help matters.
That was sexist and really creepy to watch

I haven't seen Age of Ultron yet, does this have something to do with Black Widow not getting EXACTLY what the hive mind wanted, in a movie with 800 characters?

People are idiots and the only sexest thing about the film is that theres not enough Avenger women.
It loooks like joss Weadon didnt read my tumblr post of 1001 and one things that women in superhero films must do to negate his cis white privilege, obviously he is a a sexist piece of shit and basically human grabage.

You're too good at that. :scared:

Cain

I will respond to the shameless slander against myself tomorrow, as I'm currently engaged in essay hell.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2015, 08:27:40 PM
I will respond to the shameless slander against myself tomorrow, as I'm currently engaged in essay hell.

No rush.  I still have to do Demo Squid, Faust, ECH, and Queen Gogira.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I need to start writing my essay. 8 pages, due Friday. Fuuuuuuck.

Reginald Ret

The Joss Whedon thing included death threats and such.
A bit much for a form of entertainment.
This raging at artists whenever a character is not 100% Politically Correct is strange, how much fun would stories be if every character is required to be PC?
I hope this shit isn't going to be the death of anti-heroes and nuanced character development.
Fuck, I wonder how these people would respond to Deadpool?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Demolition Squid

I think the Penny Arcade guys summed it up: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic

It is funny, really. Two or so years ago the buzz was all about how great it is that social media lets fans interact with creators easier than every before.

In the past year, though, creators are starting to realize more and more that everyone else will also interact with them, and there's nobody more vocal than a crazy who has decided to hate you.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

LMNO

I'm guessing in the near future, part of a celebrity's press tour will start with them logging off of social media, purely as a preventative measure.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2015, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 06, 2015, 04:48:58 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 05, 2015, 06:51:00 PM
Deciding how petty I want to be.

Someone sprung a surprise inspection on my kitchen today.  Said kitchen is a mess, because I'm in the middle of essay fever, and because I do my writing in the kitchen (its the room with a lounge).  Thing is, I took some time out to check the exact rights I have here, and despite my contract stating that this is a licensed occupancy, the actual conditions mean I'm an assured shorthold tenant, and so they can't simply come barging in here.

Funny thing is, they've screwed themselves on the contract.  They want to claim I am a licensee, but service occupancy only occurs if I'm required to live in, as part of my job.  And I'm not.  So they can either choose to treat me as a licensee, but negate my rent (as its required for the job), or else they have to give the same rights any private tenant has.  I wont push that just yet, as the company is going to restructure the whole rent system over the summer...but I'll keep it in mind, if they try anything foolish.

That's SO FUCKED UP. I hope that however it plays out, when you leave you nail their balls for SOMETHING.

Angry email was sent.

I'm looking for another job anyway, but seriously.  It's like people here need laws to make them not act like dickweeds...referencing common decency is not sufficient.

In other news, Joss Whedon is a sexist pig and piece of shit:

https://imgur.com/a/il1rT

Yes, we've reached the point where self-described feminist creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is sexist.

I... what?

He claims his jumping from Twitter wasn't over the the rabid hate, but did you read much of it?  Its fucking insane.  I say insane because they are either purposefully misinterpreting the movie, or actually hallucinating something that isn't there.

SPOILERS AHEAD, fair warning....

The most hate I see seems to stem from Natasha referring to herself as a monster because of the way she was turned into an assassin early in life, at some sort of hardcore ballet school.  Part of the assassin program was sterilization, and for some reason when the character refers to herself as a monster (meaning fellow monster, including Hulk), they read that as because she was sterilized, and not, you know, because she became an unstoppable killing machine, which is sort of, you know, fucking horrific.  They also seem very butthurt that Hulk sort of "saves" Black Widow toward the end of the movie, because that's part of his job.  You know, like he saved Iron Man at the end of the first movie, and nobody cared about that.  Teammates shouldn't help other teammates, folks! 

There might also be some butthurt over Scarlet Witch becoming temporarily grief stricken when her brother gets killed in the heat of battle (I told you there were spoilers, fool!) and turns into a bit of a loose cannon.  But they very clearly establish how close these two are (were).  I mean, really well establish.

The left wing Tea Party (as Patton Oswalt dubbed them recently) is psychotic.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Also, I have been writing a lot, procrastinating even more, and working in grease the rest of the time.  Nice to see you all. 

Give me a goddam martini, Scrid.  Gin.  Olives.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 06, 2015, 08:57:47 PM
The Joss Whedon thing included death threats and such.
A bit much for a form of entertainment.
This raging at artists whenever a character is not 100% Politically Correct is strange, how much fun would stories be if every character is required to be PC?
I hope this shit isn't going to be the death of anti-heroes and nuanced character development.
Fuck, I wonder how these people would respond to Deadpool?

Oh, have you not seen how this crowd reacts when you describe their actions as PC?  :lulz:

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bruno

Just got out of a job interview at the stick factory. Got a 45 minute interview with the guy who has final say in hiring in the position I applied for. It was more like day one of orientation than an interview. He mostly told me about himself, the company, and the job, with only a few questions about me. I left with the impression that my chances were pretty good. Job starts at $18/hr.
Formerly something else...