News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Luka Magnotta : Everything is A Dream

Started by thedarkphoenix, September 28, 2011, 02:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Thanks, LMNO.  However, I'm feeling too sick to continue with this thread.

Elder Iptuous

i certainly never claimed to be as civilized as the gentlemen in this company.
yes.
i think, if it is absolutely clear that someone murdered someone, we should murder them back.
i have no problem with bloody vengeance.
cabbage?  i can take it.
not killing monsters like this out of fear of losing our humanity is really out of touch with our human nature, if you ask me.

i guess i've said what i'm gonna say on the topic, and as i have a personal blood vengeance desire that i nurse, i shouldn't really be taken as a rational decision maker in the argument anyways...

Placid Dingo

I sooked out of this one, but yeah, I'm going to put it out there that I'm agreed that revenge is no way to run a system of law.

Also we do all understand that what were talkig about in mental health terms is the possibility of a human who is genuinely incapable of controlling their own behaviour; please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a pretty damning thing to kill someone for.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 05, 2012, 02:43:59 PM
yes.
i think, if it is absolutely clear that someone murdered someone, we should murder them back.

Okay.  Who gets to decide what's "clear"?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat on June 05, 2012, 01:19:10 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2012, 11:40:30 AM
So navkat, are you arguing the genuinely psychotic deserve to be killed?

Not officially, no. Such would be a presumptuous human rights violation and a hypocrisy. But, you know, if something just sort of happened...

Like stuff just sort of happens to brown people in Sheriff Joe's tent city jail?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 05, 2012, 02:45:59 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on June 05, 2012, 02:43:59 PM
yes.

Okay.  Who gets to decide what's "clear"?

If i'm not mistaken, Luka decided that it is clear.

however, upon reconsideration, my remark about medical testing was base humor, and uncalled for.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 02, 2012, 09:05:08 PM
That video, "1 lunatic, 1 ice pick" may not be of Luka Magnotta, or his victim.  I'm getting some serious date discrepancies.

I'm also getting reports of Luka being in with the scientologists, of being a satanist, a white nationalist forced to flee Canada, of having a wife and child in Europe, of links to a South African smuggling group and to the Russian mafia. 

Luka claims he has cyberstalkers who post nonsense about him all over the web, but as far as I can tell, based on redditers and anonymous members who followed him before the most recent events, those accounts were registered by him, and a lot of fake accounts on Youtube who comment on his videos, both defending and attacking him, also belong to him.

Either way, there is likely more to this case than meets the eye.  I am going to go investigating.

I'll be curious to see what you find. I vaguely remember doing some digging when he first posted here, and being very creeped out by him.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on June 03, 2012, 01:02:19 AM

THIS

is pure Peter Sotos material.

Dude, EOT, GTFO my account. I don't even know who Peter Soros IS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on June 05, 2012, 01:58:01 AM
So they caught him in Belgium today. Good.

I made myself watch the video...partly out of train wreck curiosity and partly out of a desire to steel myself for the horrors I will no doubt see in my job--horrors like decapitated children and things which will no doubt haunt me in the years ahead of me.

I pussied out and closed my eyes for much of it: enough to get the main idea of what he was doing and what he was going to do next. I couldn't finish. It's too awful.

It had a profound educational and emotional effect on me: to know and understand with clarity that a human being who for all purposes appears no less than normal: normal human face, human eyes, normal human body, could be capable of exacting so intimately, such horror on another living, breathing human being...a horror that transcends that of the daily disconnected shootings in the streets of my old neighborhood, or coerced prostitution or any number of terrible things people do to each other but which, for the most part, are so common and so disconnected, that they often go on unreported.

I had a true "Gift of Fear" revelation that there exist among us, people who appear no worse than averagely cracked on the outside but who are, inside their heads, nothing approaching normal. People who may be easy to underestimate in if warning signs are left ignored. 

And it saddens me. For all I gained in understanding, I also lost something. I find myself re-examining people in my life, looking for signs that may reveal things in their character of which to be rightfully afraid: acquaintances I once dismissed as being a little odd but likely harmless. Habits, things said in passing that made me raise an eye but which I attributed to quirk.

And I am frightened, I will worry now about people's motives in their dealings with me or my son. Find myself suddenly understanding the wisdom in not being so damned open and permissive with my personal space, my comings and goings, identifying information. I will be that much more aware as I enter people's homes or other scenes as a caregiver, for dangers and warnings I may have let slip past before. I will pay a little more attention to the things people say, their behaviors and body language.

And I feel sympathy for Jun Lin's loved ones. I know that since this horrorshow is a Canadian citizen, he will not be put to death. I hope they are able to find peace in his incarceration. I have already reached out to them with my sympathies. How awful to have access to chronicle of this...I can't even imagine the cognitive dissonance, the ambivalence when making the choice to see or not see. I deeply empathize.

I don't know who else has watched this or if anyone has discussed it before in quite this way but I felt it was important. I felt it important to speak the truth without blanketing it over with meaningless exclamations of "Ew! Sicko!" I felt it important to not lie and deny I'd seen it in shame or in attempt to eject its presence from my mind...important to open dialogue to anyone else who may have been affected beyond just the ubiquitous and omnipresent revulsion.

OK, your "Gift of fear" should really have kicked in BEFORE you watched it. WTF.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2012, 02:34:48 PM
It's so good to see that Discordians are better than all the cabbages out there who scream for bloody vengeance because a Badwrong Person did something wicked and evil, and certainly aren't indulging in bloody fantasies not to dissimilar from the one's the person they wished to punish actually carried out.

This.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 05, 2012, 02:39:24 PM
What Cain said.  I've been down this road before -- I got flamed pretty hard once for suggesting that accused pedophiles deserve a fair trial and rehabilitation if convicted, rather than castration with a salad fork.  I've since tried to stay out of wildly emotional threads that flatly reject rationality in favor of blood vengance, precisely because the primate scream drowns out everything else.

But thank you, Cain, for the reminder that killing people is bad.

And this. I remember that thread. If I recall, you and I and a few other people were accused of being pro-child-molester because we suggested that a fair trial and rehab/reasonable sentencing was preferable to a lynch mob.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2012, 02:32:27 PM
And now we're discussing carrying out unethical medical procedures on prisoners.  Yay.

Look, lets just skip ahead and go with a program called Aktion T4.

I meant every word I said, he is the perfect candidate for studying a psychological disorder that isn't understood very well at all. The same with Breivik.

Unlike navkat inferred, I wasn't implying subjecting him to psychological torment, there is no reason he cannot be comfortable while being studied.

And to the other side of this thread that rears its ugly head on this site every so often: The death penalty is never justifiable. There is no handling the Death penalty with care, its a non issue it shouldn't happen.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Faust on June 05, 2012, 03:59:28 PM
Unlike navkat inferred, I wasn't implying subjecting him to psychological torment, there is no reason he cannot be comfortable while being studied.

That was me, not Navkat. It was meant as black humor, but was uncalled for.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

navkat

Quote from: Cain on June 05, 2012, 02:07:35 PM
So Navkat, what other classes of people should we include in the "officially we're not going to kill you, but if just happen to die, well, we won't investigate too hard" category?  Suspected terrorists?  Oh, wait, we already do that one.  Child molestors?  Oh, ditto.  Music pirates?  The retarded?  J00s?

You're fucking with me, right? Lots of users here have said far worse than my mainly tongue-in-cheek remarks but you're fucking with me because you know I'm actually deeply bothered by this and actually give a shit, right?

I can't decide if you're poking good-naturedly or not so I'm going to assume you're half-poking (like I was half-joking, but soberingly, dealing with the reality of the macabre feelings just the same) and are genuinely curious as to my feelings on the matter.

*Sigh* No. In all seriousness, I don't advocate anything but proper justice for this and any other turd. As much as I'm battling my own feelings of ill-will towards him, I'm also a rational human being who, while I'd like to believe there just might be a god or kharma or some comic force of justice which would step in and make right without my having to sully my conscience, ultimately, I don't believe that any human being has the right to dole out indignity, torture or death to any other human being for any reason except in cases of self-defence or defence of one's dependents.