News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

The joys of apartment hunting, with Suu.

Started by Suu, January 23, 2011, 04:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Suu on January 24, 2011, 12:18:15 AM
Yep, he won't go lower than $575. Damn, oh well, still a good snag!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suu

Yep. I'll be heading over there after work today to put my deposit down and take some pics of the place clean. I'll post them. It's still small, but it's bigger than one I got. About 3x as much.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

I'm assuming you're also taking pics of defects, damaged or dirty stuff as proof that "it was like that when I moved in here"? [I mean, it's just a few extra snaps with a digicam, and it may come in handy some day]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on January 24, 2011, 12:18:15 AM
Yep, he won't go lower than $575. Damn, oh well, still a good snag!

This is great, Suu!  :D  Hope the move goes smoothly!

Suu

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 24, 2011, 01:08:45 PM
I'm assuming you're also taking pics of defects, damaged or dirty stuff as proof that "it was like that when I moved in here"? [I mean, it's just a few extra snaps with a digicam, and it may come in handy some day]

Exactly. The inside seemed in good shape, it was just a mess since the guy that lived there was moving out. Today it will be cleared out. I should eyeball some measurements too.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

LMNO

I'm having a tough time figuring the layout.  Is it room-room-kitchen off to one side, or is it a studio apt?

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 25, 2011, 04:13:28 PM
I'm having a tough time figuring the layout.  Is it room-room-kitchen off to one side, or is it a studio apt?

It's L-shaped.

In the first pic, I'm standing with the kitchen to my right, looking down the parlor into the bedroom. The door on the far end is actually the front door. (It's an old weird design.) The door on the right is the bathroom. The door in the kitchen is the back door, which I intend to use as the front door as soon as they clear it out from renovations.