News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Ever meet the scum of the earth, General?

Started by Richter, December 31, 2009, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

If you're watching, since this is in a place to be watchable.
How long has it been since you ran into scum?  I don't mean people on wellfare, or people who live in the wrong areas, or are the wrong color or belief.  None of that really affects much, far as I can figure.  People are still people everywhere.  They can get vicious and bad sometimes, but it takes a lot for people not to be folk. 

Scum are different.  Scum just don't care.  It's kind of like THE DUMB, a force that gets into people's lives and starts to bend things.  Like red shift around a soul too attracted to itself.

It always looks the same.  Things around them won't be cluttered, they'll be neglected.  (Even clutter, whether from hoarding or just general scatterbrainedness, is clean by comparison once you've got the scent of both.)  Forgotten, like a bag of groceries dropped on a table and never eaten.  No one puts them away.  No one cleans up the mess.  By natural law the contents will putrefy, smell, and start withering back into dirt.  Still nothing happens to them. 

Scum isn't letting this happen, scum is not caring it happens.  Scum is letting others or yourself be around that sort of thing.  It's being more than capable of getting or making nice things, but then failing UTTERLY at keeping them nice. 

This is not directed at you, or any one person I know.  It's a common failing I see in myself and everyone else now and then, and dodging things I can see coming seems worthwhile. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, and the scum ARE out there...Oh, yes.  We think you know who we're talking about, MRS SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE, don't we, MR NIMBY, MS ENHANCED INTERROGATION KEEPS US SAFE...Oh, indeed.  We KNOW that the end of the republic isn't some bloody handed dictator, but instead the MORBIDLY OBESE WARTARD SCREECHING ABOUT "ISLAMOFASCISTS" FROM HIS ABUSED AND STRAINING RASCAL SCOOTER.

This is how democracy dies...not with a bang, but a wheeze.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

-Kel-

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 31, 2009, 08:02:39 PM
Oh, and the scum ARE out there...Oh, yes.  We think you know who we're talking about, MRS SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE, don't we, MR NIMBY, MS ENHANCED INTERROGATION KEEPS US SAFE...Oh, indeed.  We KNOW that the end of the republic isn't some bloody handed dictator, but instead the MORBIDLY OBESE WARTARD SCREECHING ABOUT "ISLAMOFASCISTS" FROM HIS ABUSED AND STRAINING RASCAL SCOOTER.

I love the Rain God.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: -Kel- on January 04, 2010, 11:10:58 PM

I love the Rain God.

One day, I will turn the rain on and break the valve handle off.

Oh, yes.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

President Television

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 04, 2010, 11:36:35 PM

I love the Rain God.

Oh, yes.

You should do that little trick you normally reserve for urinals.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 04, 2010, 11:40:56 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 04, 2010, 11:36:35 PM

I love the Rain God.

Oh, yes.

You should do that little trick you normally reserve for urinals.

No, I want it to take a while.

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.