News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Mah sewing.

Started by Raphaella, January 16, 2009, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

Quote from: Nigel on January 23, 2009, 12:22:48 AM
I has a Husqvarna Viking... it's as old as I am, and you use cogs to change the stitches. I think it has something like 60 different stitches, including hearts and flowers!

Heh I have one of those too! It's black and cast iron. I got the cogs and everything. It was given to my mother by her grandmother  :)

Suu I have seen the same Viking as the one I have in the pic on E bay the final bids going at like $200-$300. Also if there are any tech schools near or around your area you should find out where they sell all their old stuff. Orlando Tech unloads at least 30 machines a year here, good ones too. You cold also look into getting a used Juki. My friend bought a Juki hemming machine from Universal Studios for only $300. I hope you find a good one soon.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

Yeah, I'll probably end up getting one off of eBay and praying it works. Though we have a very reputable repair dude here in Warwick, RI that works on industrial machines. I could get him to take a look at it before I unleash hell.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

I am on a roll it seems! I went to the thrift store and I found a pattern as well as some old polyester fabric. I made this tent style dress, it's pattern is from the 70's. I'm pretty happy about this one.

Please disregard messy house! And be aware that my cats have fixed my blinds, before they were not nearly as... uhhh artistic??  :?
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Raphaella

Quote from: Suu on January 24, 2009, 12:01:14 AM
Yeah, I'll probably end up getting one off of eBay and praying it works. Though we have a very reputable repair dude here in Warwick, RI that works on industrial machines. I could get him to take a look at it before I unleash hell.

:oops: I forgot that things on E-bay are not always in good condition. I'm sure you will find a good one sometime though.

Suu

Quote from: Sanguine Penguin on January 25, 2009, 03:16:15 PM
I am on a roll it seems! I went to the thrift store and I found a pattern as well as some old polyester fabric. I made this tent style dress, it's pattern is from the 70's. I'm pretty happy about this one.

Please disregard messy house! And be aware that my cats have fixed my blinds, before they were not nearly as... uhhh artistic??  :?

Ack. Yokes. Yokes are death, especially faced ones. Did you have to hand finish the seam by pressing under the facing and giving it the ol' whipstitch?

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

Naw, but I did tack it down in a few places. This fabric was pretty easy to work with, other than it being think I had very little trouble with getting it to stay where I wanted it to.

Yokes! I guess I'm a sucker for those fuckers cause now I'm working on a jacket with one as well.  :x

Suu

The first dress I ever sewed had a yoke, a round one at that...and I had no idea wtf I was doing.  :x

Sir Squid Diddimus

dude i love your blinds.
my cats have decorated some of mine i a similar motif.

Suu

Quote from: Squid-diddle on January 25, 2009, 06:41:29 PM
dude i love your blinds.
my cats have decorated some of mine i a similar motif.

Ditto. In fact, ours are rolled all the way up so that they can't decorate them further. Good thing they don't climb drapes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

HOLY SHIT best day ever! I went to the salvage store, they gave me a free bagel, and when I came back there were packages from Sanguine Penguin AND Fred! AND... THERE WAS BACON. I ATE IT!

THANK YOU!!!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Suu

Raphaella

Looks Great! But did you really eat that bacon?  :x The shirt dose indeed match that skirt quite well.

Oh and that jacket I'm making... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I was doing great until: Ease Stitch the collar facing and lining to fit. (Troll detected @ ease stitch.)