News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

3/74 and 3/07

Started by Starship, take me, March 08, 2007, 12:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starship, take me

http://www.philipkdick.com/new_exegesis.html

The Black Iron Prison, straight from Horselover's mouth.
Extraction of Agent Starship in progress...

Have the Orbital Platforms on Standby, please

LHX

intense

does he actually use 'black iron prison' as a metaphor somewhere?
neat hell

Starship, take me

Yeah, he uses it throughout VALIS and his 2000+ page Exegesis.  It's where the phrase originated.

Phil thought a Russian satellite, when it was actually beamed at him from an extragalactic source.  Raylene and the gang tried to convince him it was just a bunch of kids messing around with a Radio Shack kit.

Check this out for a quick version of the story:

http://www.philipkdickfans.com/weirdo/weirdo1.htm

The VALIS device is capable of generating any type of particle (photons, neutrinos, tachyons, etc.).

We are all living in Phil's world now.

LHX

man

i read Valis but i cant remember that

dam memory implants
neat hell

rygD

I thought that is where the name "Black Iron Prison" came from.  I guess that was my not-so-inner sci-fi geek telling me that.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

Jenne

ETA:  Ok, so I need to read this.

LMNO

I'd like to go on the record that I have admitted ripping off PKD's phrase almost since the beginning.

Also, the PKD BIP is a bit different than our BIP.  But that's party because Dick was really into the death of Christ and the persecution of the Romans.

Starship, take me

Quote from: LMNO on March 08, 2007, 12:55:29 PM
Also, the PKD BIP is a bit different than our BIP.  But that's party because Dick was really into the death of Christ and the persecution of the Romans.

But the plasmate (Seed, as I call it) is really the best way to melt the bars.  It will kill a being for 3 minutes (no heartbeat, brain activity, lung activity) during which their spirit/soul will travel to the extradimensional realm (heaven/nirvana/eden/oversoul) and exist with all of those whose names are written in the Book of Life (vast majority of humanity, as well as non-humanity).

After Christ's followers (and the Roman soldiers who converted) took his body into the desert and set him down into the cave, the original Christians ate a small piece of his dried blood and flesh.  They also played games, smoked herb (as the Coptic Christians still do).  These joints were stored in a pack of Pall Mall cigarettes, which is why Phil had visions when he saw a pack of "In Hoc Signo Vinces" during one of his stays in a psychological dungeon.

The smoke pouring out of Jesus' tomb was the smoke from burned breastplates, Down comforters, Dominoes pizza boxes,  plastic water bottles, polyhedral dice, etc.

Universal anamnesia is coming.
Top o' the mornin' to ye.
B-I-N-G-O

LMNO

Domino's pizza support neo-nazis and anti-abortonists.

Barstool, comin at ya.