News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Jav's thing

Started by LMNO, September 09, 2008, 03:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

First, I'll edit it for layout, and add verse numbers.

Quote from: Janvier on September 09, 2008, 11:48:44 AM
Actually, I think I'm going to be honest and tell you how this trip started.

I was sitting in a train, tripping on a combination of LSA, weed, kanna, kratom, a rose petal and a good amount of salvia. On my way to a lecture about philosophical anthropology, I wrote the entire diabolical scheme down...

Virtues
1. It is time to restore them.

2. Virtues are that which brings men to glory, fame and wealth, if that is what the virtuous one desires.

3. Do not make the mistake of assuming virtues are absolute. They are only absolute in the sense that they represent a higher Truth, or Good, or God, if you will.

4. But to the common creature, these virtues may well seem strange or even immoral. The virtuous one shouldn't fret if his assumed virtues aren't commonly accepted, it is a great tool to determine who is chaff and who isn't.

5. You can only truly follow virtues if they are an honest reflection of your being.

6. If you made it this far and still understand what I'm talking about, have a virtue.

7. If a man's conviction in his virtues is firm, it is an easy task to lead a virtuous life.

8. O men of virtue, I salute you, but don't forget the game we're playing, and don't forget the gift you're
giving, to the hapless and unwilling masses...

9. Excercise care when assigning virtues, for you are manipulating the very fabric of social reality. When you have selected your virtues, and held them up to the light long enough for them to glow on their own, it's time to turn on, tune in, drop out?

10. You'll find you'll see virtue in all those you choose worthy. Which means you should choose wisely...

You've written a drug-addled, self-recursive rant about an undifined, mutable thing you are Noun-ing "virtue".

1. Why, and where did they go?
2. What do they bring if one does not desire that?
3. Do they always?  Why are they not absolute, except when representing those?  Can they represent something else?
4. Why should someone be chaff if the virtue is admittedly not an absolute?
5. Why?
6. No comment.
7. Convictions cause convicts.  Again, why should someone have a conviction in something that is not absolute?
8. No comment.
9. How do virtues change the fabric of social reality, and why are you referencing Leary?
10. Your own virtues, or some other kind?

Golden Applesauce

I was sitting in a train, tripping on a combination of LSA, weed, kanna, kratom, a rose petal and a good amount of salvia. On my way to a lecture about philosophical anthropology, I wrote the entire diabolical scheme down...

Virtues

2. Virtues are that which brings men to glory, fame and wealth, if that is what the virtuous one desires.

3. Do not make the mistake of assuming virtues are absolute. They are only absolute in the sense that they represent a higher Truth, or Good, or God, if you will.

4. But to the common creature, these virtues may well seem strange or even immoral. The virtuous one shouldn't fret if his assumed virtues aren't commonly accepted, it is a great tool to determine who is chaff and who isn't.

5. You can only truly follow virtues if they are an honest reflection of your being.

6. If you made it this far and still understand what I'm talking about, have a virtue.

7. If a man's conviction in his virtues is firm, it is an easy task to lead a virtuous life.

8. O men of virtue, I salute you, but don't forget the game we're playing, and don't forget the gift you're

9. Excercise care when assigning virtues, for you are manipulating the very fabric of social reality. When you have selected your virtues, and held them up to the light long enough for them to glow on their own, it's time to turn on, tune in, drop out?

10. You'll find you'll see virtue in all those you choose worthy. Which means you should choose wisely...

wut
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Payne

Quote from: GA on September 09, 2008, 03:30:32 PM
wut

:lulz: Thats what I said when he crapped that out in my thread. It obviously means you, like me, aren't ready to turn on.

Janvier

Quote from: LMNO on September 09, 2008, 03:22:42 PM
First, I'll edit it for layout, and add verse numbers.

Virtues

You've written a drug-addled, self-recursive rant about an undifined, mutable thing you are Noun-ing "virtue".
Correct! That's the game we're playing. Don't forget it.
Quote1. Why, and where did they go?
Wherever the place was ready for change, it came like inspiration. The cause was just because it turned out to be the right one.

Quote2. What do they bring if one does not desire that?
Then they bring whatever else it is one does desire. They are just an embarking point. What is it that you would desire?

Quote3. Do they always?  Why are they not absolute, except when representing those?  Can they represent something else?
If they always represent a higher Truth... They are absolute. For where would you place always other than in time?
If they do not always represent a higher truth, they are ever changing. For if the truth is not higher, then where does it migrate to when it departs?
If they would be absolute without representing truth, then they would be absolute representing deception. Congratulations, if you made it all the way here, you understand what Parmenides meant with the Aletheia and the Doxa.
The can represent something else, yes. They can represent, for example, me boning your girlfriend. (haha, I made a joke, see what I did there right now?)

Quote4. Why should someone be chaff if the virtue is admittedly not an absolute?
The virtue is the virtue of the moment only. It is not an absolute, but it is only flexible in time. I hope you're ready to challenge that.
But mostly, he sees the virtue in others at the same moment he is a reflection of that virtue, thereby meaning the two virtuous ones should be talking to each other.

Quote5. Why?
Because I need a way to determine what truth is in this crazy, crazy world.

Quote6. No comment.
If you want, you may have another virtue.

Quote7. Convictions cause convicts.  Again, why should someone have a conviction in something that is not absolute?
In times of flux, his conviction is absolute. In times of unity, his conviction is no thing.
Quote8. No comment.
9. How do virtues change the fabric of social reality, and why are you referencing Leary?
I'll answer your last question first. I'm referencing Leary because this started with my trip, and Leary was the one who turned me on - though I am now obviously free. This is basically a model that will last only as long as I believe it will. But then again, this holds for Quantum Mechanics as well, and it hinges on the clever machinations of my arch-nemesis, Stephen Hawking.

To answer your first question, virtues change social reality because cabbages will strive for virtues. That makes the one dispensing virtues akin to God.
But don't worry, this is just a temporary hijack to set things on the right path. What can Discordianists desire more than to claim chaos?

Do you understand how far I want to take this?
Quote10. Your own virtues, or some other kind?
Both your own and those of another kind. Being fed in turn by another class of virtues your own and otherwise. And this may go on for as long as the virtuous one desires. When he stops, he transfers his virtuous being somewhere else to continue the cosmic work of death and rebirth (if you ask me through the process of memetic reincarnation)

He who unravels the final secret is the one who can take over from me, and do whatever they want.

LMNO

Quote from: Janvier on September 09, 2008, 05:12:20 PM

I don't feel like playing that game, so I stopped reading right there.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I am going to print this and stop on my way home and ask one of the crackheads to read it and explain it.  Because that is the only way I can see it making sense.....

Janvier

Quote from: LMNO on September 09, 2008, 05:14:48 PM

You've written a drug-addled, self-recursive rant about an undefined, mutable thing you are Noun-ing "virtue".

It's perhaps the trickiest game of all. I don't need to drag any of you guys into it. I just figured this would be a good place to find "open minds"

Quote from: Khara on September 09, 2008, 05:22:05 PM
I am going to print this and stop on my way home and ask one of the crackheads to read it and explain it.  Because that is the only way I can see it making sense.....

Make sure to find one who doesn't look too shabby. I wouldn't want to be explaining myself in pauper's attire.

Voodoo

i think you are trying too hard

Janvier

Quote from: Rev. Voodoo on September 09, 2008, 05:28:44 PM
We'll see about that when we get there...
  ..indeed, where?

LMNO

Do you think there will come a time when you won't post here while stoned?

Janvier

Quote from: LMNO on September 09, 2008, 05:36:46 PM
It's been a couple of hours since my last joint. Technically I should be sober.

So is this the point where you tell me "THEY WERE PLACEBO'S ALL ALONG, LOL", and my trip ends?

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Janvier

Quote from: GA on September 09, 2008, 05:40:08 PM
Quote from: Janvier on September 09, 2008, 05:30:59 PM
Quote from: Rev. Voodoo on September 09, 2008, 05:28:44 PM
We'll see about that when we get there...
  ..indeed, where?

Your forced meme isn't working ;_;

What am I trying to do then, if you can see that I am trying too hard?

LMNO

Quote from: Janvier on September 09, 2008, 05:39:13 PM
Quote from: LMNO on September 09, 2008, 05:36:46 PM
It's been a couple of hours since my last joint. Technically I should be sober.

So is this the point where you tell me "THEY WERE PLACEBO'S ALL ALONG, LOL", and my trip ends?

No, this is the point that I ask, "So, if you're not stoned, is English your primary language?"

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: LMNO on September 09, 2008, 05:14:48 PM

This.

The majority of this forum does NOT play the drug-addled, self-recursive, self-celebratory masturbation thing. When it does happen, it's usually in Apple Talk or IRC.

ENOUGH WITH THE TOOLBOXING!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.