News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Governor Walker of Wisconsin survived his recall election.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 06, 2012, 02:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

As someone who lives in Wisconsin, and who not only voted in this recall election but had legitimate reasons to hate Walker outside his union-dismantling tactics,

I am pretty pissed about the whole affair.

And I hope the smug bastard enjoys his indictment.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on June 07, 2012, 12:41:10 AM
Union rights are essentially a matter of liberty: free association, freedom of speech, free assembly and control of one's own labour power.

If libertarianism were an ideology which valued freedom, this would make Walker's victory a very painful event, one they would feel conflicted about at best.

Pickles doesn't seem very conflicted to me.  Instead, he seems positively gleeful at this outcome.

Of course, this is to be expected.  Actually Existing Libertarianism isn't even a political ideology, let alone one which which values freedom.  It's a smoke screen for Republican politics with a hefty amount of apologia for the rich and powerful.  This is why you'll find the vast majority of actually existing libertarians, Pickles included, tend towards Republican politics, even where those politics (religious bigotry, authoritarian policing) rub against their supposed principles.

And no doubt, once Pickles alcohol content is sufficiently high enough, he will prove just how right I am by yet again spazzing out with a bunch of hilariously overwrought cliches and libertarian slurs.

No wonder Kevin Carson, IOZ and a number of others prefer to call themselves anarchists, when the only other option is association with the likes of you.

All good, dammit.

Am I going to have to go back to 2005 to find something to nitpick?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

E.O.T.

http://gawker.com/5885630/politico-mistakes-state-flag-for-union-flag-idiocy-ensues

quote: See that flag? It is the state flag of Wisconsin. On the top there is the name of the state, "Wisconsin," and on the bottom is the year that Wisconsin was admitted to the union.

Politico reporter Donovan Slack thought that this Wisconsin state flag was, in fact, a union flag, and that furthermore Barack Obama's choice to stand under this union flag in Wisconsin made it "very clear what side" he's on. Whoops.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: E.O.T. on July 04, 2012, 05:36:29 PM

http://gawker.com/5885630/politico-mistakes-state-flag-for-union-flag-idiocy-ensues

quote: See that flag? It is the state flag of Wisconsin. On the top there is the name of the state, "Wisconsin," and on the bottom is the year that Wisconsin was admitted to the union.

Politico reporter Donovan Slack thought that this Wisconsin state flag was, in fact, a union flag, and that furthermore Barack Obama's choice to stand under this union flag in Wisconsin made it "very clear what side" he's on. Whoops.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."